xisto Community
Airlub

What Do You Use For Web Programming? Frontpage, Notepad, etc.

lol, i wonder how many times had we seen a topic about what "programming application you use" or "which drawing program do you prefer"...i think we should consider topics like this spam because the original poster didn't use the "search" function to make sure the topic wasn't already made before =P

i think we should consider topics like this spam because the original poster didn't use the "search" function to make sure the topic wasn't already made before =P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's funny, you replied to this topic twice, but I understand what you are saying. This would have been better as a poll.

Okay, so now I've replied twice as well. :)

vujsa

lol, have i already replied to this topic. Sheesh...i've completely lost track of which topic I already replied to cause they're all the same lolanyways....yea, this is my third reply...and I'm a notepad user here ^_^ my reasoning is up there somewhere in my last reply...

I code in mainly PHP and HTML, so I just keep on using KWRITE (A linux Utility), I used to have an image that showed the little KWRITE Logo that said this site designed entirly in KWRITE....

For the more basic stuff I use NotePad ++ (which is like notepad with some extra's like syntax highlighting for the most common languages), for the advanced HTML, CSS, PHP etc I use Dreamweaver MX. I also have HTML kit, which is nice as well, but you can do practically the same with NotePad++ which loads way faster :(

I (of course LOL) also use Flash MX 2004 Pro, for the graphical side of sites I use PhotoShop, ImageReady, Illustrator or Fireworks MX (I also have Freehand which I don't use often). I have tried Adobe GoLive 6, but it is too heavy and I don't like it that much. But then again it's all in personal preference :(

Now if I am not on my own puter, then of course regular notepad is used :)

Links :)
HTML kit
Notepad ++

I uses,MS FrontPage, DreamW, Flash, Photoshop, JBuilderX, EditPlus, XML Spy.And other Tools.FrontPage and DW for Editing the HTML Pages, Photoshop for image Editing, Flash for animation,JBuilderX for java,jsp,servlet part, XML Spy for XML Part.Any thing elseCheersArunkumar.H.G

I use the following to get the best in web...1. Dreamweaver MX/ MS-FrontPage2003 It depends on the usability but I prefer to work in Dreamwear for its ease of creating database driven sites... 2. Photoshop for image editing3. Illustrator for Logo and design works4. Flash and swish for Animating my web...5. and sometimes Notepad for scripting although I do it most of the time in Dreamwearver or Frontpage...I have these in my arsenal...Do I need anything else...and ofcourse CuteFtp for uploads...thanx

I’m using the following:

For HTML I employ NoteTabLight, for PHP and CSS I'm using VIM.

For the work with images I utilize IrfanView and Photoshop.

For uploads I apply FileZilla.

I use Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 to create webpages. I have created my school's website and the local volunteer fire departments site. I also like to incorporate some flash content that I create with Macromedia Flash MX 2004 Professional. I like the Macromedia suite because you can set-up templates to save time, and keep a consistent style on your web site.

Additionally,For editing images, there is nothing better, in my opinion, than Adobe Photoshop CS.For file uploads I use the upload tools built into Dreamweaver, but if I don't have access to Dreamweaver I use FileZilla.