xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Jpn

Monitor Size

how panel

Monitor Size

1>>let us consider we are having one 17"and monitor (having 4:3)and one 17"W monitor (having 4:3 and wide function both),As diagonal size of both are same,.So there could be many options of width and height to get particular hypotenuse.How we select the width and height.

-question by Pooja jaiswal

I currently have a 15" Sony LCD monitor, but I will be getting a 24" Samsung widescreen LCD monitor with my new computer. These days, widescreen monitors are more popular over 4:3 resolution monitors.

the monitor size doesn't say a thing about the resolution the operate at, especialy CRT screens. I have two 17" CRTs that can do 1600x1200, I've had some other 17" CRT's that didn't go higher as 1280x1024 and I've even seen one that stopped at 1024x768 ... You have to think in pixels, not in inches. For coding your website, the best thing is to have a few blocks that have a fixed with (eg. a row on the left and the right) and other parts that have a relative size (in percents). You can easily do this with some CSS (width: 200px or min-width: 120px; max-width: 250px).

We recently purchased a new computer with a 22" widescreen monitor that can do 1650x1050. I have it set at 1440x960 pixels and it looks awesome!My older computer had a 17" monitor that had a maximum screen resolution of 1280x1024.Either way, I would recommend using a liquid layout (widths in percents and ems) to accomodate most screen resolutions and browser sizes (you can't count on the user having the browser maximixed at all times).If you do need to use a fixed width layout, I would recommend making it a width of 1008 pixels to satisfy a minimum screen resolution of 1028x768.

I use a 15 inch Monitor at 1280 * 1024 which is a pretty standard resolution. I know a lot of people are using 1024 * 728, however I think the amount of users using the 800 * 600 resolution is becoming a much smaller group. On my basement Computer I use my 28 inch HDTV (at 720P -1366 * 768) which is also nice. I would say just set up a page that looks good for all resolutions by using % measurements instead of Pixels. That way as long as you don;t have large objects on your page (images or movies), the browser will size the page to whatever the user's resolution is set as.

In modern era computers (circa 2000), the standard resolution for a monitor from 13.3 - 17 inch is about either 1280*800 or 1280*1024 (depending on its aspect ratio ... 16:9, 4:3 respectively).For monitors 19 inches and bigger, you'd run into high resolutions like 1600*1200 or 1440*900.As for HTML, try to put the lowest resolution at 1024*768 which is still the industry standard. Most likely, it'll change to 1280*800 or 1280*1024 in the future.xboxrulz

We recently purchased a new computer with a 22" widescreen monitor that can do 1650x1050. I have it set at 1440x960 pixels and it looks awesome!
My older computer had a 17" monitor that had a maximum screen resolution of 1280x1024.

Either way, I would recommend using a liquid layout (widths in percents and ems) to accomodate most screen resolutions and browser sizes (you can't count on the user having the browser maximixed at all times).

If you do need to use a fixed width layout, I would recommend making it a width of 1008 pixels to satisfy a minimum screen resolution of 1028x768.

you use a lower resolution on an TFT screen ? Doesn't everything look blurred now (TFT/LCD don't work well at lower resolution as the one they were made for because they 'blow up' the image to fill the screen) ?

Monitor size & resolutionMonitor Size

I am looking for the largest size flat panel screen with the best resolution possible. For under $500.00 (if I can)

Right now my 32" Sony only goes to 1360 by 768...I want higher

Any recommendations by make & Modle??

-reply by hrdtduck

flashing open web pages, files pages, task mgr. box, etc.Monitor Size

If anyone can direct me to fixing this problem on my single monitor. If only one page is open and I'm reading it, suddenly it shrinks to half size of the monitor. So small can't read it, nor will it respond to mouse commands until I maximize the screen. Some times just moving the mouse onto the smaller, shrunken page will maximize it for a few seconds and then shrink again. If I have for eg. 3,4,5 or 10 pages open on the task bar they will all suddenly appear in smaller screens on my single monitor.They can then flash from 3-10 smaller windows to the one larger window that was open before the flashing began. Driving me nuts!

-reply by frankied