There are new features such as

Nudges - Makes their window shakes

Winks - I don't know how to describe this

Handwriting - Draw things and send it

That's all I know so far, but I think that you can get more

information on msn.com

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Functions like windows shaking or new winks aren't really useful. And about handwriting, you can have it in 6.2 too. All you need is to install some plugin. :)

I had the 7 beta version, and I loved it. I like being able to sign in as Appear Offline because I have over 150 contacts on my list, and if I want to talk to one particular person I like to see if they're online first before going online. Otherwise, there are bound to be people that start talking to me, and during the schoolyear I don't always have time to talk to everyone, so that was a big selling point for me. As well, a lot of my friends have started using the msn spaces for blogs and pictures, so it's convenient to be able to see right away on my msn list when someone has updated their blog. One thing I was NOT happy about was a couple days ago when I was forced to upgrade to the official version from the beta. Having mini-sized display pictures in my contact list bothers me. The personal message box is an interesting idea, and saves some clutter in the message window when I'm chatting, but nevertheless I'm annoyed at being forced to upgrade.

Ok, I know MSN may be in its BETA stages, but it's had quite a few updates by now, and I've been running it for quite a few months without any bumps!As soon as you get version 7, you'll see its just SO much better. I love the winks, nudges (how I survived without them in the past is a mystery to me...), and there is just so much more awesome features.Being able to sign in with your choice of status is a HUGE bonus (it has come quite in handy...), contact cards and blogs (my space) are really fun to mess with; plus you can display all your photos. Icons can be as large as you want (...!) and they are just so much easier to organise and manage with version 7... plus you can steal them with a simple side-click instead of the other person having to send them to you. You get a second title, you get a wider range of setting options, games, etc. Theres a search bar that can come in handy, plus you can share the results with your friends (pretty funny). You can even get your MSN pics to be flash animations and pretty big (these usually come with packs, though... try the fantastic 4 pack). Okay, and the best feature has to be the new mobile features. sending messages to you're contacts mobiles using msn? pretty damn good if you ask me. Saves me 20cents!Okay, there's all the features I can think of right now. I'm sure there's tons more, which is why msn version 7 is way cooler. Download it.If there's any flaws, it would be that alot of MSN downloadable content is for v6.2, but that doesnt entirely bother me too much.Wow, I've ranted enough.

As far as I'm concerned 7.0 seems to be as good or better then 6.2I havn't noticed any flaws in particular that are detrimental to my im'ing experiences and at the same time most of the retardedly annoying flashy extras (winks...nudges....etc) are able to be disabled. The buddy images straight in your list could get annoying (especially if you are on a slow connection) but they are also able to be turned off so really theres no reason not to upgrade. It seems to be as stable as 6.2 was and it doesn't force anything new onto you without giving the option to disable it or ignore it.

Hey PeopleI'm currently using MSN 7.0with msgplus! and StuffplugNG!!Well lets talk about stuffplugNextGeneration.i got it from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ has alot of nice features like i've added some descriptions of the functions:Allow multiple lines in your display name:Allows you to have a display name that conatins multiple lines.Allow talking to blocked contacts:Allows you to talk to contacts after you've blocked them. Auto-talkers:Lets you transform the way your text appears to others.Boost message length to 5,000 characters:Allows you to send 5,000 characters in one message.Chat only name:Allows to have a different names for your conversation window and contact list.Disable 3 file transfer limit:Allows you to send more than 3 files over MSN at one time.Enable all custom emoticon shortcuts:Enables you to have any shortcut for your custom emoticons.Enable clickable URLs in names:Makes URLs in names hyperlinks, instead of just text.Ignore feature:Ignore a contact, so you cannot see what they say, but they don't notice.Message when contact closes conversation window:Shows a message in the conversation window when a contact closes the window.Open all links in default browser:Opens links from MSN in your default browser.Oversized display-pictures:Amaze your contacts with a giant display picture.Oversized emoticons:Allows you to have whatever size emoticon you want.Polygamy:Clone MSN messenger.Prefix messages with timestamps:Puts a timestamp at the beginning of messages sent and received.Remove 5 custom emoticon limit:Removes the custom emoticon sending limit.Removes emoticon auto-completion:This feature prevents MSN from showing emoticons in the message (as you type it) when you type the shortcut. Emoticons are completed as the message is sent. This allows for a much wider variety of custom emoticon shortcuts.Well why don't give it a try.Have Fun :) like meGreetz Luccie

I've played with some msn addon programs in the past and never really loved the additions they gave. Sure its some nice features but alot are limited in the sense that they are pointless unless the other person has them too...plus those pieces of software are often so adware/spyware ridden that once you clean your system they start going buggy (at least thats what happened to me with msnger plus!)Anyways yea...I get more then enough enjoyment out of msn without the addon programs, they are nice but too gimmicky for me, their specialty seems to wear off quickly for me. But thats just my opinion, if you like them and find version without spyware or you don't mind the spyware, go nuts and have fun with them.

Well i like all the new msn messenger. It gives new features which I do like... exept some of the winks that annoy me much. But there are stuff that I found a little bit useless, like the $$ avatars - backgrounds - gifts

I think that Messenger 7 in conjunction with Messenger Plus is a great setup, gives you lots of features such as the ability to set custom statuses, auto-accept file transfers (excellent when you are away from the computer and want someone to send you a file), custom names for people in your contact list and many others.I'm also using a program called Toaster which changes my comment field to whatever song I am listening to in Winamp, as well as an application I built myself which changes my personal picture to the album cover of the song I am listening to.

A few weeks ago 6.2 were much better, MSN 7 had a lot of nasty and screen freezing bugs. But with the current version all the bugs are gone!Also it is very good to have MSN Plus! installed for the extra functionality.But when you only need the basic functions; use Windows Messenger, MSN Messenger 6.2 or even 4.7 :(

honestly I like version 7.0 better. It looks a lot nicer, and its extremely similar to 6.2. I just upgraded today and I like it better. I think it runs faster too. Maybe its just me, I like updated versions for the most part. For example, i like the look of the Xisto forums better now. I think it looks a lot cleaner and more professional. I am a fan of pretty and shiny websites/programs. Most of the features are the same, 7.0 just has a little bit more to it. I can't understand why anyone would like 6.2 better. But hey, thats just me.

i suggest to go for 7.0 as its a new one and has many features than comparision to 6 , many times the when i buzz any of my friends they seem to online but when i enquire them later , they say they were not online on that certain point of time , the smileys are also great than the previous one . but i am not aware of the problem or the trojans which can access the system without our imformation as rudy was saying , but i am quite sure that msn messg 7.0 will try to get rid of the minor problems which were in 6.2