xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harriko

Msn Messenger 7.0 Or 6.2? which one is better

I know that everyone in this whole world that have an internet connection has msn messenger to chat through,nut theres version 7.0 and, version 6.2 which i am using right now. version 7.0 is in beta version iright now and i wondered how much people like it and using it now.i prefer 6.2 in reason of its reliability and stableness. i got its msnplus plugin with its handwriting add-on, which is in version 7.0 ready built into it. i figured out without msnplus, msn will be boring. who will you vote for the better one?thanks!

uploading and downloading files from people through msn is not a problem for me. the most i tranferred is about 15mb just recently. just got broadband ASDL recently. no problem not so ever.

7.0Beta has been around a while now.Its much better than 6.2, with a whole host of new features including nudge and winks.Also, the layout is much nicer and if you create a new account it does place all your contacts without a group.And, you can login as a certain status, for example: away. Like when using E-Messenger(Everywhere-Messenger)The only disadvantage 7.0 has is that you can't run Plus with it.

Interesting to know. I just updated my MSN messenger last night to like 6.2b or something. Guess they did a little fix on some problems from the previous 6.2. Anyways the only complaint I have about MSN is now it's becomeing more into advertising and trying to screw with your settings. Defaults on installing makes homepage msn. MSN toolbar, etc etc. Plust all the different things that pops up when you run it, and needless to say the ads ont he top of the proggy. I know I know, you turn most of those off or just decide not to care. Still just annoying, but I guess that's the price we pay for the software. Decent instant messenger though. Most widely used one on my system.

I like 7.0 way better than 6.0. There are more custom looks and skins to it and a ton more features, and still the ones that 6.2 has. I'd suggest upgrading and if you don't like it you can still downgrade back to 6.2 :P

I have been using version 7 beta for some time, and have upgraded each time they fix something. But I must warn some of you 6.2 users with plus; there is a copy of plus that has spy ware and Trojan back doors in it that create a tool bar and drops short cuts on your desk top. It also hijacks your default search site and creates a banner at the bottom of your page. It creates a second internet explorer file that keeps its files running. If you open your tasks manager and check the processes tab you will see 2 copies of IE running even if you are not running IE.I don’t know if anyone know how to get rid of it because it ties itself in to IE in some way. The reason I switched to firefox, just could not take any more.Bill has more enemies than hair on his head.

I only got to use 6.2 so I guess it's 6.2 for me. I always use the stable version. No matter how new it is, a beta release will always be a beta release(of course, until its stable version is officially released). :P

msgplus gives you the choice wether to install the spyware or not, so that's cool, right? you just have to read the questions they ask. it looks as if they are asking "do you agree with the statement & rules" or something, but the question is "do you agree to install the parner programs" or something alike. just say no.about msn7: i don't want it. i like windows messenger more because it doesn't have all the stupid chit chat that slows down your 'puter.

msgplus gives you the choice wether to install the spyware or not, so that's cool, right? you just have to read the questions they ask. it looks as if they are asking "do you agree with the statement & rules" or something, but the question is "do you agree to install the parner programs" or something alike. just say no.

about msn7: i don't want it. i like windows messenger more because it doesn't have all the stupid chit chat that slows down your 'puter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep I had the same problem the first time I installed MSN Plus!. I wanted to install it all quickly, and just like every other instal I do, I just quickly tick the box without reading te statement. Like you said, it looked like it was a user agreement policy or something, so of course I ticked it and continued on with the install. I got all the crappy spyware and was very pissed off, so I checked http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and found out about the spyware thing. From there I also found out how to uninstall the spyware and reinstall Plus! without the spyware.

Nowadays I don't bother with it at all anyway. It has a few cool features but nothing so extraordinary that I must have it. I installed msn 7 beta some time ago and I have to say I think it is a good improvement on msn 6.2. I especially like the ability to log in with a certain status, sometimes I like to log on as "Appear offline" just to see who's online before I show myself, just because I don't feel like talking to some people sometimes. And stability issues? What is everyone talking about? It works fine! Will be out of beta soon and everyone will be using it.

I'm currently using V.6.2 with msgplus. You say that it can be installed without the spywares... Let me go try it out! I didn't get 7.0 as its rather unstable, sometimes it bounces back chats that you send out, which is rather annoying... Downloading from a friend takes much longer than usual too!

I'm currently using V.6.2 with msgplus. You say that it can be installed without the spywares... Let me go try it out! I didn't get 7.0 as its rather unstable, sometimes it bounces back chats that you send out, which is rather annoying... Downloading from a friend takes much longer than usual too!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess it all depends on your needs then. I honestly don't use msn a lot.. other than to see who else is online and to let other people know I am there. I don't actually chat very much. So even if it was unstable I probably wouldn't really notice... and I never use msn for sharing files so I'd have no idea about the download speeds. All I can say is that from my own experiences, msn 7 has been completely stable, not one problem what so ever. But I guess these stability issues have to be coming from somewhere, someone must be complaining about it, so I guess the problem really is there for some people. I do enjoy msn 7 a lot more though, so for anyone contemplating getting it... I'd say go for it! It's a nice upgrade. And hey, if it isn't working out properly for you, you can always downgrade back msn 6.2.

I use 6.2 and MSN 7.0 is a BETA version so it's almost sure that there are some imperfections and bugs, IMHO the version 6,2 is still better than the 7.0I know that with 7.0 it's easily to find space-blog of a user but i don't think is a realy preview of new functions.....only some lines of code added and (not corrected) to the previous one...

I'm not sure if it happened to you but after installing the new MSN Messenger 6.2 with a security patch, it to crash and the same goes for Version 7.0 Beta too.My friends have been experiencing this problem too so I'm sticking to Windows Messenger for now.MSN Messenger 7.0 does have some new features that are not really necessary but I do like the fact that you can sign in with a status and see the actual display picture exactly the size that you uploaded.

MSN Messenger 7.0 does have some new features that are not really necessary but I do like the fact that you can sign in with a status and see the actual display picture exactly the size that you uploaded.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MSN Messenger is packed full of unnecessary features as it is anyway. The only features necessary for an instant messenger program are;

-buddy list

-chat

And to a lesser extent;

-file sharing

-different status'

This is basically ALL you need. MSN Messenger would still be a completely useful program for it's purpose without all the extra features like smilies, display pictures, background pictures.. and now winks and nudges, which are another addition in MSN 7.

All these extra features just add a bit of fun to the program, to make it more enjoyable to use.