xisto Community
givn1405241478

My Own Os Good Idea

Umm... lancer, Linux does a lot of things you listed above. Like the art applications and a 3D desktop effects. Obviously it's senseless to have the operating system to be navigated like if it was The Sims. It's not reasonable and it is not necessary. Design would be on the epic proportions and will take too much system resources. People will rather use that resource for something else ... like video games or just simply make their computer even faster. It's not that it can't be done. It just doesn't make sense.About password encryption and file compression, that feature existed in Windows XP since day one. It's also supported in MacOS X and Linux as well. As for accessing your files over the network and have a browser-based word processor. Again, it exists. A great example is Google Docs.xboxrulz

I love how simple Windows is, however, the ammount of times it crashes is annoying. I haven't tried out Vista, but I've heard, at this point, that it is even buggier than XP. I have very little experience with Apple products, so I'm not sure if the Mac operating system has too many errors, but I do like the interface, it looks nice. I just wish Windows could fix the bugginess in their operating systems, they would be perfect without all the errors.

Um... xboxrules, as it happens I've used Linux for the last eight or nine years. In fact, for the last three years, I've run Linux and maintained the networks of the schools where I have taught.

Linux does not have the mind-map front end like I described, so when you say...

Umm... lancer, Linux does a lot of things you listed above.

...you are completely wrong. Search for "View Your Mind" (otherwise known as VYM) for a computer program which will show you the what I mean by a "mind map" structure. Imagine if directories were shown this way instead of icons of folders.

Neither does Linux have a GL-based walkthrough directory structure like a maze of rooms (there are a few freak ones, but they are not standard to any common install... you'd usually have to download them).

I'm actually surprised (and a little insulted frankly) that a moderator would come and make an entry after my ideas just to flame me as you have.

I don't think your comment of the ideas in regard to "will take too much system resources" is credible either. That could easily have been said about what is now the very popular compiz desktop (which used to be called Beryl) back in its humble beginnings. I thought this was a thread to fire up our imaginations, as the original thread author said, "let every one of us write his dream about what he love for the futur os what he hope to be"... not a thread to open us to mockery by others who post just to say "your idea can't be done".

Regarding encryption also... let me explain further. Years ago, when I used to use Windows98, there was an encryption based program I used to use where right-clicking any folder (directory) would come up with an option to "encrypt this folder". Now I don't know whether Windows works like this nowadays (I think not), but basically anyone using the keyboard and clicking that folder would be given a message "to unencrypt please type the correct password"... that's the kind of encryption I was thinking of.

So yeah, xboxrulz, I'm a bit miffed at your negative response to my ideas. I'm also fairly dissatisfied at Xisto actually... I'll have over 70 or so cred after this post and still no one's enabled my site hosting request in over a week... any attempt to request help has been unanswered or deleted without explanation. Asking you as a moderator who may know, would you please have any idea what's going on here?

I don't feel that Windows is that bad in terms of stability. Windows Vista is much more stable than XP, just as XP was compared to Windows 98. After a few months, my Internet connection used to get slow (not just browsing pages through IE). Connections used to take longer to be established. Resetting the sockets through netsh winsock reset did help, but eventually, even that became useless. I don't face this problem on Vista. I have been using Vista for 8 months or so, but I have not seen the dreaded Blue Scree of Death (BSOD).

And as xboxrulz said, it is highly improbable that an Operating System without bugs will ever exist. Developers are human after all. Besides, sometimes such bugs are there because of a situation that the dev team didn't anticipate and not due to a mistake on their part. With increasing size & complexity, such bugs are bound to exist. But, the good thing is that they fix the bugs and release updates quite often.

Um... xboxrules, as it happens I've used Linux for the last eight or nine years. In fact, for the last three years, I've run Linux and maintained the networks of the schools where I have taught.

Linux does not have the mind-map front end like I described, so when you say......you are completely wrong. Search for "View Your Mind" (otherwise known as VYM) for a computer program which will show you the what I mean by a "mind map" structure. Imagine if directories were shown this way instead of icons of folders.

Neither does Linux have a GL-based walkthrough directory structure like a maze of rooms (there are a few freak ones, but they are not standard to any common install... you'd usually have to download them).

I'm actually surprised (and a little insulted frankly) that a moderator would come and make an entry after my ideas just to flame me as you have.

I don't think your comment of the ideas in regard to "will take too much system resources" is credible either. That could easily have been said about what is now the very popular compiz desktop (which used to be called Beryl) back in its humble beginnings. I thought this was a thread to fire up our imaginations, as the original thread author said, "let every one of us write his dream about what he love for the futur os what he hope to be"... not a thread to open us to mockery by others who post just to say "your idea can't be done".

Regarding encryption also... let me explain further. Years ago, when I used to use Windows98, there was an encryption based program I used to use where right-clicking any folder (directory) would come up with an option to "encrypt this folder". Now I don't know whether Windows works like this nowadays (I think not), but basically anyone using the keyboard and clicking that folder would be given a message "to unencrypt please type the correct password"... that's the kind of encryption I was thinking of.

So yeah, xboxrulz, I'm a bit miffed at your negative response to my ideas. I'm also fairly dissatisfied at Xisto actually... I'll have over 70 or so cred after this post and still no one's enabled my site hosting request in over a week... any attempt to request help has been unanswered or deleted without explanation. Asking you as a moderator who may know, would you please have any idea what's going on here?

I have no intention to insult you. Like you, I'm just expressing my views and these are not the views of Xisto. What I mean by 3D desktop is what you said of Beryl and Compiz. They provide 3D effects to the Linux/FreeBSD operating system. Obviously this is about dreams, but I'm just saying it's just impractical.

I will apologize on my own behalf that I insulted you, but I have no intention of mocking anyone. I'm just feedbacking, that I see is that the idea is just impractical even if we tried it. Unless, we find some crazy way to make the code super efficient. It may actually happen if it's open-sourced. I'm sure it could be done if work on operating systems were free and didn't cost money to produce.

As for hosting, Moderators have no power to monitor that section, that must be dealt with by the Administrators as they are employed by Xisto. Moderators are just volunteers.

xboxrulz

Cheers, xboxrulz.

I've just managed to get the creds up on Xisto and might try there, although I like the possibilities of Xisto better (forum topics are more my kind of thing).

How would you make your OS look better than a mac?

Ok im dreaming to much but My OS would be...The Fastest OS Ever seen ...Very good performance on gamesAutomatic update of drivers and If dont have drivers detect the hardware and download themLow in space Appearance like windows vista ... but FAST not Slow lolWell im dreaming to much as i sayd llol

simpler than others. it just need to have these abilities :1) one explorer for everything (file, internet, ftp, sftp, etc)2) better system resource usage (no memory leak etc)3) customizable & configurable & tweakable easily4) less security holeand the most important is :5) has AI inside it ;p

I really want Google to start developing an OS!! Well, it doesn't have to be Google I guess...but I just really want someone to start removing Microsofts stranglehold.It's all good and well discussing alternatives but I do not think I am alone in saying there is very little choice in terms of OS.Microsoft have said that their next OS will not ship with Internet Explorer in Europe because of the EU Competition Commissions decision that it was unfair to other developers.

we have linux and mac, but the problem is, most of the people only consider easyness of OS, that's why winblows user still in the 1st position..

i'm just curious, if all linux distro becomes only 2 or 3, maybe we could improve linux much better than now..

I really want Google to start developing an OS!! Well, it doesn't have to be Google I guess...but I just really want someone to start removing Microsofts stranglehold.
It's all good and well discussing alternatives but I do not think I am alone in saying there is very little choice in terms of OS.