xisto Community
iGuest

Best Fps Ever! what do you think is the best fps ever?

The greatest

Best Fps Ever!

Unreal is still the best fps game with its ambience that both the music and surroundings create. Also it has quite unique monsters and weaponry. Too bad its overshadowed by its MP counterpart UT. Duke Nukem 3D was also a great game.

The best first person shooter I have played thus far would probably be crysis. Its the game of the ages with its technological details and gameplay elements. If I was to make the next first person shooter and needed a model to beat it would be crysis. The game offers a variety of freedom and elements that gives the user an abundance of way to play a certain level. Not only that but it contains a unique story of science fiction element that draws you in. The graphics is just part of the reason that makes this game so great. The ability to have a super suit with different areas such as camo, strength, speed, and shield is just remarkable. It gives a difference sensation in a first person shooter. Also the ability to customize any weapon you want on the fly is a remarkable feature that crytek added that totally won me over. I can go recon or I can go assualt on any situation. The vehicles in this game is also vastly number with a good amount of enviroment experience, for example, a vtol moves like a vtol, a tank moves like a tank, a jeep moves like a jeep, as well as a boat moves like a boat. Crytec spent a good amount of time on their AI as well, because I noticed during play that certain times when u are stalking an enemy and if u you get to close they will detect you, more over if you are fire a group of enemies from one spot they would split up and try to flank you from behind. This is some of the things that makes a first person shooter great. A good AI is always going to make the experience so much better. Crytec also gave the game the ability to play online again other users, with a american faction and korean faction, both honing super suits. The game online is as much fun as its single player campaign. One down fall of this game, if its even a downfall, is that it requires a hefty good system to run it. It is definitely a performance hog, I have a 4 gb ram and a sli setup and notice stutters even on medium settings. So if you are looking for a good first person shooter you should definetly look to pick this game up, it is worth a try, and make note that this is just the first of three in the trilogy that they will release. Like most recent games I have found, this game ends with a cliffhanger.

Hmm the Best fps ever. Hmm first ill like to say the most over rated fps game ever Halo 3.Now that done let to the best(this not in order) Alien TrilogyAlien vs predatorDoom Duke NukemHalf life Cs:sCod 4 And Painkiller I loved these games!!Bye =)-reply by Dino

Where can you fly around and blow things up?

Best Fps Ever!

I am sure I am not hip with what's considered cool, never have been. I use to play a game called stealth fighter or something close to that that graphics were not good, but you could put it in a mode where everything in the plane dis appeared an you were looking through the windshield just flying around. Great feeling. I put Serious Sam 2nd encounter in God mode and fly around but I would love to find a combination where there was great graphics and a good feel when flying. Anybody out there have a suggestion? Thanks and happy gaming.

-reply by Larry

Haven't really played too many but I can't imagine there being anything better than CoD:4. I saw some previews for World at War and it just looks phenominal! Honestly, there were times when I forgot I was playing a game with CoD:4! Good shyte...-reply by Erik Lugli

my listBest Fps Ever!

doom 1 & 2

quake 1,2 & 3

unreal,unreal tournament goty & 2004

goldeneye

enemy territory RTCW

half life 1,2

counter strike,team fortress classic & 2

thief

duke nukem 3d

descent

alien vs predator (just the first)

eretic,hexen

turok 1 & 2 (the others are CRAP)

and others that now I cannot remember

ah swat 3

-reply by DESTROYER OF WORLDSKeywords: best fps ever

damn! that's a thoughy.

uuuum, it's close call  between bioshock and half life 2 ( mainly for the sense of freedom, and mystery) but obviously cod 4-5 ( nazi zombies is just a bonus)

Tribes and Tribes 2, ftw. They're still as innovative now as they were when first released..I'm shocked that no other game has tried to take that path.We've still got run-and-gun FPS games coming out, excretion after excretion. Tribes and Tribes 2 were both so versatile in the fact you could select an entire loadout and inventory of weapons, packs and deployables..From energy packs, turrets, sensors, grenade launchers, mortars, rocket launchers, chainguns.. Good lord.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ 2 is BACK thanks to these guys. Time to re-enlist, folks.

-reply by br0kenrabbit

Doom, all the way.

Why you may ask? Well, Doom SINGLEHANDEDLY created the 3D FPS Genre. Without it, none of these other First Person Shooters would be around. It is also the only FPS to have such a dedicated fanbase that still plays it after almost 20 YEARS.

best fps ever....Best Fps Ever!

-OPERATION 7

See this game and I promise you wan´t regreat. The best FPS and MMORPG I ever seen. My name on the game is Sperman. See you online...

-reply by henrique