xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
givn1405241478

Windows Code Name Longhorn(lh)

My win 2000 is perma****ed. Where can i get a copy of longhorn to try? I need to use it to fix my DVD Burner so I can Burn A linux Boot Disk and be done with all of this hassle.

At Frog

the sidebar could be docked , the 3D windows are NOT A MUST , they are optioanl .. these are the only VISIBLE changes in longhorn ... and they are the one fastly noticeable .. i am not IT pro to tell you what really changed in Windows ... i just noticed the graphcis .. which is the most part i am intrested in since it's my only hobby ;)

AT TATTOO

IT"S CODENAMED longhorn ... it will be called something else on release .. Windows XP was known as " Windows Codename Whistler "before release ... so this is going to be either a XP 2 or like those *BLEEP*s at microsoft think of calling the new xbox 360 ... Windows 360 ;) lol

but I think they will totally change the name ... i would prefer any of the following :

OSwin

Windows 2006

or

The Final Windows Operating System For The Desktop

i think the last one is a TAD long :P

Stupid question, but anyidea why it's called Longhorn? Where I'm from thats a chain of steakhouses.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just going to put fuel on the fire... As soon as I saw the codename I had this picture in my head... pink caddy with horns on the front with a pimp driving it...

I hope they never put this in a pink computer...

Nils... picking on Longhorn

I'm just going to put fuel on the fire... As soon as I saw the codename I had this picture in my head... pink caddy with horns on the front with a pimp driving it...

I hope they never put this in a pink computer...

Nils... picking on Longhorn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waaaaaahhaaahahaaaa.. STOP nils.. u are going to end my life prematurely very soon... Indeed lognhorn drives a similar kind of image into my head... that of MS trying to gain complete control over your life by butting into everything possible with its oversized horns... where on earth did the term "Big Bully" ever originate from ??? I really can't imagine a life where YOUR Operating System OPERATES YOU and you are left with no choice but to sit tight with this massively powerful brain of yours - with no control over whats going to happen whatsoever... You just become this mass of ?? with no thinking/acting capabilities of your own. Is that what MS is trying to achieve ?? -- Replace Destiny and play GOD ??? Errrr... someone's not going to take that real EASY ;)

at TATTOO i don't know if it's ok with the mods , but u can search Emule for it or torrents site , it's not a public beta . it's a private for the beta testers ...but don't get it now ( lates build 4083 ) there are rumors of a new ADVANCED build ( 5033 ) wait for that to sruface ...the iso file is about 700 mb .. it's bootable ready .

i used a 3D desktop for a week or so aaages ago when i fedora core just came out... i gotta say it took ages to learn how to use with the speed i can use a 2d desktop, and it didnt reealy make anything any easyer.sure it saves space, but thats what minimise is for.3d desktop just seems like more bloat that nobody will ever use.

and i got the longhorn back grounds any one wanna it i will make it in atopic for it and i wanna to talk about thing u forget it and all forget it it is not vailnle in any windows from micro soft it is u will never face that windows will brake down by it salfe it will never happened when u use it

sure, its very pretty.. but what i want to know...what are they doing to prevent virii ?no, virus scanners arnt good enough, they dont work untill after youve become infected.what are they doing about disk fragmentation problems ?what are they doing about slow patch times ?what are they doing to remove unnessecery re-boots after software and driver installation.

I heard so long way before longhorn announced , i dunno if its a rumor or not but i heard that longhorn will be the final OS made for personal users desktops .. and that microsoft will focus on the market it lost so much .. the server/workstation market . I say again this is not REAL DOCUMENTED INFO .. i just heard it on some forums .

If the "rumor" you mentioned is true cryptonx then I would say Microsoft is making a huge mistake. Businesses are very concerned with security, something that Microsoft has never been very good about dealing with. In my opinion linux can provide a more productive environment that windows can. There's a whole lot less fluff and you can just get to work and get stuff done. But that's just my opinion.

i wanna to say aword microsoft is the best os because it not good but because most of us learned on it but if any one change he will find abest os and best service than ms like linux , linux will be the best os not now but after years because it make all love it and adore it and all its programms are free and u can easliey use it and moreI just talk about windows and linux because i only use them.