xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
givn1405241478

Windows Code Name Longhorn(lh)

lol i am 1000000000000000% sure that it's not , please provide the info that made u said sofirst of allthe bliss background is not used in Longhorn , and the BLISS image in longhorn is not even like this .2nd of all the Sidebar is not there .. Windows SIDE bar canot be deactivated , can only be mimized to the right .longhorn DOES not use this SYSTRAY like XP , Windows Longhorn is named Windows Longhorn even to the latest leekd build NOT windows .net techonlogy crap.if you noticed or if you CAN notice tatoo .. that the ICONS in the SYSTRAY are Windows 9x/ME .. the sound volume is the old one , the network/internet connection is the old oneand if u also noticed , THIS IS NOT WINDOWS XP . it's win98 or ME ... the Start menu is not XP ..this is either a SKIN for W9x/ME or a fake screenshot ( and if u ment something else tatoo , then i am sorry )

Here's a direct quote from the download site:

Longhorn Transformation Pack ReviewLonghorn Transformation Pack will update your Windows XP with the latest Longhorn GUI by adding some themes and patch system files.

What's New in This Release:

¡ Added contributed skin "Western (By Scott Eichelberger)"
¡ Added first-run slient transforming mode for automatic transformation and uninstallation (perform when Windows starts)
¡ Added Longhorn Transformation Pack - Maintenance Center (No more keeping full package to waste diskspace)
¡ Added Rolando's Longhorn's MSN Messenger 6.2 and 7.0 skins (Aero UI and Longhorn Inspriat)
¡ Fixed "February" and "December" month name error in Longhorn Tile
¡ Fixed manual transformation bug for non-relative path launch (such as running apply.bat from address bar)
¡ Fixed username text-size bug in Aero (Longhorn Glass) theme from Longhorn Aero
¡ Updated compression software (save up little bit more space)
¡ Updated E-Mail and website information
¡ Updated more information regarding Before Transformation dialog and Themes service
¡ Updated logo brand image (It's 2005 now)

System Requirements: Windows XP (SP1/SP2) or Windows 2003 - Microsoft operating system: Windows XP.

Its Tattoo with 2 t, nothing pisses me off more than people that mess that up, sorry but I am a tattoo artist and it just really gets to me.

this is the Windows Longhorn SYSTRAY and desktop and start menu and showing off the 3D GUI so many talked about , however i couldn't find it in my copy , maybe it's a hidden or a Console command that activates it .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for that , I also get pissed when someone calls me Cryptonix

you just replied to urself

Longhorn Transformation Pack Review

" · Added contributed skin "Western (By Scott Eichelberger)""

it's not an official skin , and it totally suck

Sorry for that , I also get pissed when someone calls me Cryptonix

you just replied to urself

Longhorn Transformation Pack Review

" ¡ Added contributed skin "Western (By Scott Eichelberger)""

it's not an official skin , and it totally suck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So is that actually longhorn with a bad skin then? because I like how yours looks much more, I'm still not crazy about the apperance, but maby they'll improve it..

the one GIVN guy showed is not at all longhorn Longhorn transformation pack is SOFTWARE that changes ur Windows XP ( or 98 i think ) to look like Longhorn , it's made by a third party not microsoftthe ones I showed are the OFFICIAL longhorn shots TATTOO ;)at mysticfrog , if it had a penguin or a fox you would've loved it ;) ( just kidding )i didnt even see that HORN bull in any place

Yeah the images in the first post are definately fakes, I remember reading they were made in photoshop I didnt know they existed, the longhorn theme looks a lot more professional in my opinion and will do pretty well, the XP theme looks too childish too me.

Longhorn is just its codename. They will most likely change it before release. I dont mind the new interface. Yes there are some improvements that can be made my I like the idea of a sidebar. I use a third-party one on my desktop.

at mysticfrog , if it had a penguin or a fox you would've loved it ;) ( just kidding )

i didnt even see that HORN bull in any place

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I am not much into penguins or foxes. Maybe if it had a frog theme....

Anyway, I just think it isn't any improvement on the current Windows look, and if anything wastes more space and is less usefull.

I also think the way they are going about the 3d interface is wrong. Turning windows sideways is great eye candy, but its not helpfull for useability. (that they are using 3d tech to display the windows on the other hand is a good idea, and makes total sense).

Basically, from what i have seen: Idea good, implementation bad(and ugly).