xisto Community
chris1234

What Is The Best Digital Camera

^ that is a big lcd, i just recently got a nikon coolpix 3200. LOVE it. its small and light and takes great pix for a 3.2 pixel. very durable and can take lots of banging around( i took it on some rollercoasters with me to catch some good shots). the flash sometimes takes a while to load agin at night. but other then that it is a great lil camera. i HIGHLY recomend it.

I think almost every camera can do the trick.In my experience 6+ mega pixels are more than enough, since too much dosent make much of a difference, but if you look at the histogram and what are the flaws of the camera you can compensate and get a great quality.Digital cameras have a long way to go and each have certain flaws, so i think its just a question of which one you prefer B) I use several digital cameras but havent bought one for my self yet, but i would go for any Nikon im really used to the optics.Asaru

Well, I am going to put my foot down and say that if you want to get the absolute best digital camera your going to want the Canon EOS 1D Mark 2. This camera is used by most professional photojournalists, and travel photographers. Now, if you want to have a good profession digital camera, that you don't have to sell your soul for, take a look at the Canon EOS 350D (rebel XT in north america). This camera is really small, light weight, and has an 8mp cmos sensor. The sensor in this camera is no different than the one in the EOS 20D so you get the same picture quality. The big difference between the 20D and the 350D is the way the body is constructed. The 20D is a magnesium alloy, but the 350D is just plastic. If your not looking to take any professional shots and just want a cool little digital camera, then go with the new Sony DSC-T7 (The super slim one). This camera is one of the coolest looking things ever, and with a 5mp sensor the quality is great too. And for all of you who keep saying buy Nikon, you guys are crazy. Nikon is so far behind in digital that all their new models are just desperately trying to be half as good as a canon.

When I was doing lots of photography work (journalism days, mostly - not all that long ago) a pro photographer recommended the Canon Digital Rebel. It's fairly high price-wise, but if you want to do action shots it's pretty much necessary to have a fast, capable camera. I used my brother's 35mm Rebel and really liked it, so if I'd stuck with photography I probably would have taken the guy's advice (bro's cam. was really sweet and not too terribly expensive).On the other end of the spectrum ... at the newspaper where I worked, we shared a Nikon CoolPix. PIECE. OF. JUNK. Conveniently portable, sure, but good luck taking decent shots if the subjects are moving at all (including shallow breathing).

The Canon 20D is the best camera on the market. It may cost a bit of $$$$, but it's well worth it if you are seriously into photography.

The Canon Digital Rebels are apparently really good. Especially for the professional aspect of it. I own a Canon Digital rebel XT. My parents got it for me for my birthday and it works great. I mainly shoot sports, so it works amazingly for that. Also it can use our other Canon lenses that we have.

I really don't know anymore, there are some great camera's but I think nowadays it doesn't make a great difference wich you buy. I got a Olympus e300 myself. I'm really happy with it! But there is one camera who is getting very close to be the best of the best. I forgot the brand but its a camera with 22 Megapixels. Now that's really something :o

Nikon, of course!I have Nikon's lower-end Digital Camera with 2.1 Mega Pixel!
It has 3x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. What more- it can shoot video clips too - though without sound. But thats OK.
Rest all Higher-end Nikon cameras have sound too.
So, dont invest your money in anything else.

I'm a Nikon user for a lot of years, all of my SLR equipment is Nikon, but in my opinion Canon is better for compact cameras, the lens are more clear and the AF system performs very well at low light conditions.
I think Nikon has little interest in this low end market and their compact cameras are not so good as it's brand sounds.

But in the SLR market, my vote is for Nikon.
D70s is a very good camera, and D200 is impressive and outperforms other more expensive "pro" cameras.

Canon Digital Rebel is also a good alternative for SRL, this is a very good camera to keep in mind.

If you like compacts, Canon IXUS series have a very nice lens and a really pocket size (and price).

The trick is not to affiliate to a single brand, but to look at the best of each one.

You can get a lot of camera information and reviews at dpreview.com
they have also image samples at full resolution and comparisons between brands.

I did not see a word here about Fuji Finepix, did I miss it?I use Fuji S9500 and Fuji S9600, - 10MP, zoom (optical and electronic) and you can do all settings yourself, unless you want to work in Auto, which usually gives great result.Lenses are OK, clear, and you can set the camera for either 3:2 or 4:3 ratio.I like them and use them a lot.For film, I use PENTAX cameras, one that I bought in 1976, and I use that a lot as well.

I think the best for the money is a nikon d70, it is one of the cheapest SLRs, but is excellent quality, very fast with ful manual control features. Only downside is that it has only 6mps.My second choice is the Panasonic DMC-FZ20, this has got a great lens for a compact camera.
chris

Hi there, a friend of mine just bought a Nikon D40 dig cam, and he´s very pleased with that one. The cam ain't that expensive eighter, in Norway you may get if for less than 4 000 NOK, 400 pounds or 800 UDS.