xisto Community
chris1234

What Is The Best Digital Camera

I am useing two:1.) Olympus C-2100 w/Quick Time Always has gotton the job done2.) Nikon D-70 Not a bad choice at $1200 I almost am scared to use it. Still learning the in and outs of it also. (one bad a$$ camera )

Chiiyo - You're aware that most colorcasts on digital cameras are just caused by incorrect whitebalance settings? Ususally because of the photographer, and not by the camera?Anyway, the best digital camera out there is the Hassleblad H1D, bar none. 22 MP of power baby! I've seen the Mamiya equivalent, and I'm sure that's a nice camera too (even though it looks like a beast). On the more "domestic" side, the Canon 1Ds MKII is a fine camera, if you can afford it.On the more reasonable side, I'd choose the 20D any day. I own the 10D, and love the thing. In most cases, 6MP is fine. The only reason I'd choose the 20D over the 10D is because of the wider dynamic range and the improved Digic II processor. Otherwise, 2MP isn't that big of a deal. Oh, 20D has better AF as well (shucks).I was once a Nikon supporter, but after they released the D70s and D50, all I can say is they have it all wrong. I cannot support Nikon any longer, and strongly encourage people to think again when purchasing their equipment. At least the DSLRs (the F6 is still king of the hill for me).For a less expensive alternative, I'd choose a Pentax or something similar. Heck, most smaller digicams are about the same, so just choose a name brand. With DSLRs it's different, as you're not buying just the camera, but you're buying into the system. Nikon makes fine lenses, but so does Canon. In the end, I like Canon's USM, so I went with Canon.

Anybody have a spair 1000$ they can donate to the "DSLR Wanted but no money" fund?Well truely for the money, if you are looking to buy a digital camera that works I would go with Pentax. Also you might also want to have a look at the Sony cameras with the Carl Zeiss lenses. They have superb quality too but you have to have a really steady hand when taking pictures with even little zoom or else you will get a slightly blurry image. I noticed that with my Sony P92 the color yellow turns a little ligh greenish in low light even with flash.

Soleq: Yes, I know that the colour casts are an effect of the white balance, I think I didn't get the point across, that I felt the Nikon and Pentax auto white balance are much better than those in Sony and Olympus (this was some time ago, it might have changed since then), considering that even if normal people use it, Nikon and Pentax consistently produce pictures without much colour casts, and Sony and Olympus consistently produce pictures with. I know you can override the white balance, when I use other people's cameras I do so often, but it still doesn't change the fact that at that time, Olympus and Sony did not have a good auto white balance, when apparently it could be done, seeing how Nikon and Pentax fared. Which is why, for beginners and lower-end consumers, I would still direct them to brands I knew had a consistently good auto white balance, because not a lot of people would think of adjusting white balance themselves.Yet another disclaimer, this was last year, brands, machines and auto white balances must have changed quite a bit by now, but still something to watch out for...DSLRs wise... I've heard rave reviews about Fuji S3Pro. It's good that it takes Nikon lenses... *wink* Of course, all the medium formats digitals are gorgeous. Gorgeously good, and gorgeously out of almost everyone's budget... >_<

No one talk Canon 350D ?It is the samllest Dslr and 8mp Coms a large resolution .Very small and light weight although hand grip is a little thin . Noise free 'silky smooth' images at ISO 100 , 200 , 400 and 800 . Excellent seven point AF system, fast, good in low light and reliable . Very fast startup (virtually instant) . USB 2.0 Hi-Speed support . Image quality is just as good as the more expensive EOS 20D, if you can live with the differences between the two the money saved could buy you a very nice lens. Not expensive ($899.9)

I just use my sony ecrisson camera phone to take digital camera. No doubt I admit that the picture quality cannot be compared to a digital camera, but buying a digital camera is so expensive. My camera phone is easy and convenient.

I have an Olympus - the label says Model no. C-310 zoom. I love it, I rarely go anywhere without it. It didn't cost as much as I was expecting actually, just over a hundred quid. It's not that fancy, it's quite basic - takes photos, downloads them to my computer quickly and simply, and it has the added bonus of taking [silent] movies too - thats all I need, really! It's smallish, silver and fairly light - the only real weight to it is the batteries!

I´m using a olympus camedia z50 zoom, makes perfect pictures and cost here around 400 euros. Of course if you like to spend about a 1200 euro you´ll get a nikon/canon. :(

well i have the sony five mega pixel camera. its very clear! the images take about 5mb per image. so that quality there! but thats a few yeares ago when this came out. now theres a seve mega pixel camera that about 50% better than the one i got right now. i would say its would take 7mb per picture. so thats a very big image to edit with. and probably you will need lots of RAM to do it with!

Now? of course it's 1Ds mark II... but it's too expensive... :) So I'm now using 1D mark II~~~

Hmm... I think Nikon Coolpix series and Canon DIgital Rebel series are the best camera out there... I really want to get Canon DR XT, but till I have money for one, I'll probably end up getting a new version of it or something... I currently have a semi-professional Olympus 5000Z... Since I'm still a very amateur photographer, I am learning everything with it... good enough for now...

Okay, is that the one that costs like 20 grand?? Damn... It must be good... You are lucky... Are a professional?

:lol:

haha... well it all depends what you use it for doesn't?

I use my mobile phone and a Sony W15. It has 5.1 megapixel 3x optical and 4x digital zoom. A big LCD, that's very important to me, it's working fine for me. I know there are many better cameras, but there's also something called price. I saw a camera and if you holded it in 90 degrees. The LCD just turned around, it was a great proffesion camera. Price: i thought 2000 euro or something. I prefer a small easy camera then....