xisto Community
Admiral Lyoko Samus

Halo For The Pc Mods and Hacks Galore

i had this game too, but its was a cracked version. i only tried this out, it was kinda boring... maybe this just my specs on my pc. played it online too. that was pretty cool but you always get kicked in the *bottom* when there are always more advanced players than you.

Both version are good but the pc version definitely has its advantages. The graphics are much better on the pc if you have decent computer. For example the pc can have higher resolutions.The mouse and keyboard is also much more accurate, as it for most first person shooters.

Halo For The Pc

Iv never played Halo for Pc but iv been hearing that its not that great, because of all the modders and cheaters on it. To come to think about it i can imagine how many cheaters are on it because the game runs on a computer, and its very easy to downloaded modified content and use it to your advantage. Probly soon i will try it out and to literally see for myself if its good or not, but for now all i can do is base the game on peoples opinions. so far people say that it isnt that good.

To me id rather play it on an Xbox, plus its the Original. The Original ofcoarse will be better.

I have Halo for the PC, I ot out of it when I started playing Counter Strike: Source and other great FPS games. It got a little old of specially how msny people used aimbots because the only cheat detection system they had just banned you from the server instead of the whole game, and it didn't even do a good job doing that.

I have got halo for the pc, though I wanted to get halo 2 but its only available for Vista.Hopefully they will release Halo 3 for the pc, and soon.Does anyone play halo for the pc online? Its free :rolleyes:

HALO TRIAL Okay the halo trial for the pc is ok but the problem is that everyone has modsThe mods get boring.Don't get me wrong ,theyre cool and all, but just stop the mods for a bit.Except for the ghosts and tank mod... That ones cool -reply by THE DEFENCE

Replying to icashI'm on live all the time. My Profile names all have Mk3 in them, and consist of mk3, mr mk3, king mk3, and mr king mk3, however you will see me mostly on the first 1. If you see me, send me a message, nd ill remember u.-reply by a;ksdjf;ak

I know this signfies as a very old thread but I would like to just add some of my thoughts on Halo on the PC. Personally, I am a huge fan of the halo series. I especially liked Halo 3 and i played it on my xbox 360. The funny thing is most people will play throughout the series before they played Halo 3, but for me I just started with Halo 3 and then played Halo 2 and halo 1. With that said, I did not buy the original Halo instead I borrowed it from my friend who had it for his PC. The graphics for the game were outstanding, I was so outstanded by how great they looked and was surprised that it matched IF NOT SURPASSED that of Halo 3 for the Xbox 360. Given, my computer had great stats so that probably helped a little bit to make the graphics look supriror. I would say somebody who has an old comptuer or a slow computer would probably get different results because it is common sense that a computer that is slower and one that does not have as good specs will not preform as good as one that does have good specs and one that does have good computer visuals. Now, I ended up beating the game and was going to get Halo for my 360, but I found out that it was not made for the 360 instaed it was made for the origianl xbox and because of that I would need to buy a harddrive for my xbox to be able to play it and me being the cheap person I am I decided not to buy the hard drive so I have only been playing the game on my computer if I ever wanted to and I dont Know how it would look on the Xbox. IF anybody has experience on the xbox please tell me what the graphics are so I can compare, but personally the computer seems to be the best hcoice for computer graphics stand piiunt for myself.

I don't have Halo for PC but I have both for XBox. I've got an X2 chip in my XB with the Evox dashboard on it and some of the editors you can get just on the dash alone are incredible. I know the Evox dashboard is illegal to supply since the ammendment in 2005 but luckily for me it's still legal to own and run so if you're lucky to already have a copy then DO NOT redistribute it but definately look in to all the apps you can get together for Halo one and two and try them out. If you don't own it then unfortunately you will have to just settle for the PC-side apps which are still great but don't offer any in-game functionality. I did own a 360 (until I got drunk and fell on it, snapping the motherboard into piece and snapping open the HDD, I literally cried lol) and have the wireless headset (which I currently use on my PC until I get the cash to buy a new 360). Halo 3 is definately worth playing on the 360 online. I only played for a few months but damn did I master it lol I love online gaming and Halo is definately a really great match. I used to design 3D games so it's very easy to fully calculate the 3D engine and predict the appropriate moves before you make them, definately worthwhile learning and developing 3D engines if you're in to playing those sort of games, gives you one hell of an advantage over most others in the game.

I downloaded the 'Halo Trial' cause my son wanted to see what it was about on the PC. He has the other Xbox and Xbox 360 versions of Halo, along with the green/gold trim 360 console.After installing the software, I did a defrag on the installation directory. And fired it up. The controls were awkward at first. If you're use to other 1st person games it shouldn't be a problem - with the simultaneous keyboard and mouse setup. We also tried to use an 10 Button Logitech gamepad with no analog, didn't work as great as the key/mouse combo. After explaining to my son I was not really a FPS gamer, he just had to learn the pc setup. 15 minutes later he was having fun.Every once in awhile I would check on him. We also looked into the customization settings. We increased the resolution and experimented with the CRT Monitor refresh rate. We notice high refresh rates also make the mouse speed to appear more sensitive. We also messed around with the PC's sound card speaker/surround settings. We couldn't complain with the installed budget video card an ASUS EAH4350 (PCI Express 2.0 x16, 1GB, Core 600MHz/Memory 400MHz) which cost under $50 USD.Well from the other previous posts - 2005ish. If you were not a dedicated PC gamer, super spoil, or rich you probably had a mainstream or budget setup which at that time is nothing compared to 2008-2010ish stuff. My motherboard is 2007ish with the video card in the late 2008.I kind of think the video graphics technology for a 2004-2006 PC is like an XBOX or PS2, and 2007-2008 is a XBOX360/PS3, 2009/2010 Crossfire/SLi setups will comparible/betterish than next generation consoles. :)

Edited by levimage (see edit history)