xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

We Need Suggestions For Our Paid Hosting Site www.computinghost.com

HI Opaque,

I figured saying hi would be nice :(...

First of all, great job :( really! As for things I would change or may change...

Flash header

What I would definately try to avoid (someone mentioned it in the thread) is the sound, it is nice when you first open the site, but it plays each time you click on a link and that can get quite annoying. (I apologize for the lack of tact, I am pretty tired, got bronchitis and am not even native English :)) Also the moving elements are wonderfully done, kudos to you, but to me they seemed confusing, especially the arrow, it sorta seemed like a link, which it isn't. But as I said, it may be due to me being tired. There just seems too much movement, which may be distracting from the actual content. And where's the latest news? (the title is displayed, but that's it - am using FireFox on Win 2000 Pro)

Content

First oopsie I noticed was on the lower part of the page, where you point out the key features of the three packages. First package you use the phraze "unlimited everything else" and in the other two package "unlimited everything", I'd just leave that away all together. And where you can click for "More info", I'd make the colour slightly darker, it is pretty pale and therefore not that visible.

Links?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -> error page, file not found?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ see the oopsie in the URL (.htmll double l) - about, contact and support links have the same issue and none of those can be found...

I know this seems like a long list, and maybe it even makes you feel bad, because of the length. But you did an AWESOME job on it so far.. keep up the good work...

*idea*

Since you've used flash so much already, maybe it would be easier to use dynamic text in a movieclip within a flash file? That way the header doesn't always reload (and also prevents the sound from playing every reload), the text can be styled with CSS and then you only have to create text/html files. Maybe a useful idea? (don't ask me exactly how to do this, since I am trying to figure this out for my own site :) LOL)

Edited by moonwitch (see edit history)

I think you have already got a lot of feedback but i always suggest that you offer multiple domain hosting in you packages as far as i know it doesnt not take any extra work to setup cos i have faced the problem of the wasted space i have a few sites which are less than an mb in space and take only around 100mb of BW per month and just to host that site i have to take a 5 mb account with useless bandwidth when i could host 5 sites on the same account and still have plenty of spare badnwidth leftso that is the main thing i would love you ppl to have in cos i want to go in for paid hosting without any limitsand the plans should also be realisiticlike some plans offer plenty of space but not enough bandwidth so keep it like that and then ofcourse no downtimes give free site uptime services and a lot of preinstalled scriptsthen the list is really long but then i would also like you to offer unlimited domina pointer or atleast a good amount that is around 25 domain pointers and atleast 25 add on domains for any of the plans atleastI stress again please do not upgrade you php too soon or your apache too soonalways use the the most stablest version rather than the lates version for eg in php i had a host that proudly upgraded to 5 and many scripts had problems executingwell that is like a wish list actuallyso if you give all these things then you can count me in as a future customer

if u guyz payin for this fourm, if so i might as well pay da best a vbuliten

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually believe it or not, that's a really good point.

vBulletiin is intsantly more professional looking and although costs a little more than Invision, it does feel much higher quality and is worth taking a look at.

My two cents:

Well firstly, you're site is well put together, it's very interesting. If I had some cash, I might have used it. Already though, I'm noticing that you need a plug-in to view some content. Maybe you should change that, I'm not so sure what it is, since I need a plug-in to view it. It does need more content, as someone above said. I think you should be more clear in what you are trying to say, on your pages. Maybe it's just the layout that throws me off, it's a little overwhelming. You should specify right there on the homepage some features you get (like emails, or Php support, e.t.c). Also it would be nice if your plans were customizable and you pay accordingly. I clicked AUP and I got

Not FoundThe requested URL /plans.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Oh and I'm just curious, who's this? http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thefirst thibng i found about these foums was that actualy navigating through the rooms was difficult the biggest problem i found is that the bar that indicates the room and thread you are in is right at the top so when i want to go back to the main section i have to keep scrolling up, yeh i know im lazy, but its what i am used to on all of the other forums it is just above the begining of the next topic i dont know if it is because of the way you keep the first post seperate or what but it was disorienttatingWhile im posting i may as well compliment you on the site its nice but the amount of adds is scary :P But it looks like theres a good community here so thats all that counts

Hi OpaQue,
As you requested I had a good look at your site : https://xisto.com/ and I have a of suggestion for you. I hope that it will be of use.

+ I have spent countless hours searching the web for decent web hosters. Finnaly I have found one (Xisto.com) but one thing that all these web hosting sites have in common is their lack of examples. When I look for a website (especially paid packages) I like to know if the website supplies templates, and if they don't I believe that it should clearly visible. If I were to order from your website, I would like to know immediatly if you supply website templates, and then if you do, I would like to see a couple of examples of the templates that you offer.
Apart from that I think the site looks great. I think all websites that include a flash template etc allways look good. I would like to be able to buy a pakage with a flash template or atleast a very profeshional template.

Thanks for your time, Sean Webber.

It seems that most of the reply's have been about the type of service and what you could do. That has nothing to do with it in my opinion. It is all about your site, what people see and how people navigate through it. I am going to comment on that area. You need to have a header that takes up not more than 100 pixels of space from the top of the page. What you have now takes up about half the page at 1024x768. That is way too much. Your are showing more graphic than information. Also, you have a nice looking graphical look at three hosting plans at the bottom of the page. Put those at the top right under the header, after you design a smaller one of course. Get that information in front of the user immediately rather than making them scroll down to the bottom of the page. Make the navigation at the very top of the page much more apparent. It blends into the background too much. The main problem with your home page is that nothing in particular grabs your eye. It just kind of all blends together like looking out the window at a heavy fog. The users eye needs to be directed. The features you offer for hosting are good, but they are not readily apparent by looking at the home page, and you need to get people on the first page. If they have to dig for the info they need they might just go somewhere else instead.

I have been a web designer for 10 years and I would be happy to put something together in Photoshop to show you what I mean. With all of the great features you offer, you need to slap people in the face with it, so to speak.

Rodney Lay

======================================================

IMPORTANT NOTE ( FOR PEOPLE WHO SPREAD WRONG THINGS ABOUT US )

BEFORE READING, PLEASE NOTE THAT, THIS  MESSAGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR FREE HOSTING COMPANY (Xisto). IT IS ONLY FOR REQUESTING SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR OUR OTHER COMPANY. Xisto WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO PROVIDE ITS SERVICES AND WILL ALWAYS BE FREE AND WE DO *NOT* HAVE ANY INTENTIONS TO EARN FROM HOSTING BY ITS MEMBERS.  Xisto IS A MEMBER OF XISTO CORPORATION. 

Hello,

Most of you reading this message are talented web masters and I would like to have some suggestions from you regarding our Paid Hosting Site. 

[ https://xisto.com/ ]

OR

[ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ]

Our Paid Hosting site Xisto - Web Hosting is one, who is responsible for paying bills for this Free Hosting site.  I would sincerly life to have some suggestions regarding, how can can improve it further.

We have a lot of expereience and contacts in the field of web hosting and hence we ve been providing paid hosting to hundereds of satisfied customers. However, We feel that the number of people who come to our site, dont click the Order Button.

Kindly visit our site and give us your opinions, Suggestions, Comments etc. Please tell us, what is the main thing that would provogate you to Order from this site. What would you had done, if this site was yours. Tell us the thoughts that come to your mind after visiting this site.

Our PAID hosting accounts are hosted on Seperate Dedicated Server for Unmatched performance and uptime.

Warm Regards,

OpaQue

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, don't forget that the overwhelming majority of visitors to any website don't buy, and that the hosting world is becoming much more competitive.Your site is generally very good. A few things I'm not enthusiastic about:1. The smiling young lady with the headset. Those kind of images add nothing, and I'm tired of seeing them everywhere.2. The testimonial. Most testimonials are fake, and everyone knows it. If you want to have testimonials at all, include the author's URL as a working link, to make it more believable. In addition, more people will write testimonials for you to get the link.Some things which might be added:1. Mention CPanel prominently on the first page of the features list. CPanel is a very good and very popular tool.2. Talk your satisfied customers into writing real reviews talking you up on the hosting customer review sites.

ok well i think for the computinghosting.com we should use a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing becuase that would describe the quality differences of Xisto.com and computinghosting.comyou could have them link to eachother and have a side by side feature comparrson so people could decide if they wanted to put forth the extra money. :D

Hi ya.. I believe you have a good dev team, here are a few of my thoughts. I only actually have one conserning the layout. It is just too cluttered. A webpage shouldn't be about jamming as much information as possible on a single page. Keep the mainpage simple and attractive ( what do you believe to be unique, or special about your hosting). Shiney and audio is nice, but what about the majority of users who are still on dial-up. I would show some examples of sites created on your hosting.... and the colours are too nutral... i agree with the other users who mentoned this..... later on.

I have a idea have a really good pearl based chat room that any member can put on their site because i have a site and that is the main feature of it (except i dont like the erver so that is why im going to move to this one hopefully) if you want to know what i mean as a good pearl bassed chat mine is here funlock chat it is very good and has lots of plugins. If you decide you want to put one on and need some help with the coding ill be happy to help and even write some of my own xtra features for you

First of all. This is my first post in this community. I want to send my greetings to everyone. Also, I am spaniard. So, please do not put too much attention to my writting style. I will do my best to make it easily readable. For this one, I prefeer brief explanations so that readers don't speend unuseful time to get the ideas.

- Font is small and lines very close i.e. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

- The same font with more line spacing would be more clear.

- Flash isn't search engines friendly. The search engines won't be able to read it losing positions when indexed. Plain text over jpg or gif background would be better for that purpose.

- I don't really think animated flash images all the time is really important. As the precedent post said, animated gifs could be used instead.

- Animated menu buttons can be done too without flash. Beware with javascript on Windows XP SP2 and its script blocker.

- A really important thing are online forms already available. It will increase the communication with potential customers, since they don't have to open its mail client or web mail account to send you a message. In my case and on my web, forms have worked improving very very and I repeat, very much the commercial contacts, even now when after two months offline isn't well positioned on search engines. (I have much more contacts now than before when unique visitors were about 30X more than now). Besides, the site is in a temporal ad supported server and isn't finished. Not the best conditions at all.

- Return to web design. In order to imporve download time if using images, test the archive sizes and, very important, the number of images. Reduce it to the minium possible.

- I am foreinger and it cost me a little to understand that bw was bandwidth. Also the @ symbol was a little confusing with no sense for me. There are 800 million people speaking chinese, 450 million spanish, 402 million english and a total of about 6000 million human beings, much of them searching web hosting. ;)

- When entering the order page I don't see the order options, but the heading image and menu. Maybe it makes more constant the aspect of the site, but I'd like to watch the prices and plans at first sight. That large intro flash page is very cool. I won't use it for the order page that way. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is a better example of order page.

- Solutions page. Again the large heading. What about html anchors? And the plans at the bottom. I want to see the plans when the page is opened!. Hey the plans are just perfect!. I like also the free hosting with domain register.

- It's the same paying 1 month than one year. I know the prices are absolutely cheap. But what else would make me pay one entire year when I can pay monthly for the same price?. (99 cents difference).

- Another question mailto links. Why not link to a form instead? target can be blank

- When entering onto about us or contact page I missed the company information.

- Packages page. Beautigul top image. Where are them? ;)

- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . I cannot open links. Using IE on Windows XP SP2

- Links page. I would use darker colors for links text.

- Site map: I didn't see it.

Cya.