xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

We Need Suggestions For Our Paid Hosting Site www.computinghost.com

One feature is really good in Xisto - Web Hosting i.e. fantastico.
But please always include the latest version script.
If u always include the latest version of Php BB or SMF,so that we can easily upgrade.

thanks.

Cinthia. B)

===========================================================

======================================================IMPORTANT NOTE ( FOR PEOPLE WHO SPREAD WRONG THINGS ABOUT US )
======================================================

BEFORE READING, PLEASE NOTE THAT, THIS MESSAGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR FREE HOSTING COMPANY (Xisto). IT IS ONLY FOR REQUESTING SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR OUR OTHER COMPANY. Xisto WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO PROVIDE ITS SERVICES AND WILL ALWAYS BE FREE AND WE DO *NOT* HAVE ANY INTENTIONS TO EARN FROM HOSTING BY ITS MEMBERS. Xisto IS A MEMBER OF XISTO CORPORATION.

Hello,

Most of you reading this message are talented web masters and I would like to have some suggestions from you regarding our Paid Hosting Site.

[ https://xisto.com/ ]

OR

[ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ]

Our Paid Hosting site Xisto - Web Hosting is one, who is responsible for paying bills for this Free Hosting site. I would sincerly life to have some suggestions regarding, how can can improve it further.

We have a lot of expereience and contacts in the field of web hosting and hence we ve been providing paid hosting to hundereds of satisfied customers. However, We feel that the number of people who come to our site, dont click the Order Button.

Kindly visit our site and give us your opinions, Suggestions, Comments etc. Please tell us, what is the main thing that would provogate you to Order from this site. What would you had done, if this site was yours. Tell us the thoughts that come to your mind after visiting this site.

Our PAID hosting accounts are hosted on Seperate Dedicated Server for Unmatched performance and uptime.

Warm Regards,
OpaQue

Edited by cinthia (see edit history)

======================================================IMPORTANT NOTE ( FOR PEOPLE WHO SPREAD WRONG THINGS ABOUT US )

BEFORE READING, PLEASE NOTE THAT, THIS MESSAGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR FREE HOSTING COMPANY (Xisto). IT IS ONLY FOR REQUESTING SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR OUR OTHER COMPANY. Xisto WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO PROVIDE ITS SERVICES AND WILL ALWAYS BE FREE AND WE DO *NOT* HAVE ANY INTENTIONS TO EARN FROM HOSTING BY ITS MEMBERS. Xisto IS A MEMBER OF XISTO CORPORATION.

Hello,

Most of you reading this message are talented web masters and I would like to have some suggestions from you regarding our Paid Hosting Site.

[ https://xisto.com/ ]

OR

[ http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ]

Our Paid Hosting site Xisto - Web Hosting is one, who is responsible for paying bills for this Free Hosting site. I would sincerly life to have some suggestions regarding, how can can improve it further.

We have a lot of expereience and contacts in the field of web hosting and hence we ve been providing paid hosting to hundereds of satisfied customers. However, We feel that the number of people who come to our site, dont click the Order Button.

Kindly visit our site and give us your opinions, Suggestions, Comments etc. Please tell us, what is the main thing that would provogate you to Order from this site. What would you had done, if this site was yours. Tell us the thoughts that come to your mind after visiting this site.

Our PAID hosting accounts are hosted on Seperate Dedicated Server for Unmatched performance and uptime.

Warm Regards,
OpaQue

Dear Host,I just found this site and am interested in the concept of exchanging expertise for free hosting. A few comments to add to the already comprehensive list of comments about the hosting site.1. I agree, the page is just too cluttered, however, there are some ways the information can be organized without excluding any contenta) Decide what three main (sample) users you are appealing to, then wireframe their site experiencei)Use colour coding to include the information most relevant to that particular user ii)Include benefits taylored to the level of technical expertise of that sample user (do try to dazzle with tech/inform, but only to a level that's appropriate to that type of user)iii) create a table (you already have the three columns, they just need to be more organized. The eye gets lost, the user doesn't know which way to follow their path to get the required information. Colour code the columns to correspond to the sample user type. Include only those features which appeal to that particular customer. Add a link for complete table/list of features. The boxes with the different web hosting packages need to follow some sort of inherent organization, and sub-heirarchy, and this needs to be clearly delineated. Consider placing the boxes beneath the column/or info for that type of user. :P The colours used are unusual (pastels, aqua, yellow) and eye catching. The appeal is feminine and fashion-y. The colours bring to mind leisure. It reminds me of shopping in a ritzy clothing store in spring (or an upscale department store, it reminds me of sailing). I imagine it would appeal to teen girls, and also anyone with an esthetic sense of colour. However, there is no effort to use the colour to guide the eye towards the information you want the user to see. There is a series of static and movement oriented images but there is no logic to the way they are presented. You could rearange the same images, use the same neat colours, and balance the page better, interspersing more white space, and adding movement and flow.c) break up blocks of text--such as the one in white at the upper right (BTW-the white is blurry and as a user, I would stop as soon as this appears--this block of text is like a visual hand being put up, saying "go away") d) The page, as a whole, needs anchoring and visual balance. More contrast to the pastels would help with the anchoring, making the hosting site appear more solid and professional.e) the page is too long (sorry) and there is the feeling that I may not find the important information on the page without a lot of work--without having to read every bit of it.2. To jargon or not to jargon? I find, as a user with some but not extensive technical expertise, that I often want to know what it means to me and my potential site if there is xxx bandwidth, or if it is xxxscript enabled. Part of wanting to host a site (and looking for a new host) is that I am willing to learn what is required to do so. But I may give up unless that learning is facilitated somewhat by the host provider. It seems to me that experienced designers already have their favorite host, or host their own, so exactly who are you appealing to? And what do they expect to learn? And is their perception of the ease of use, ease of learning the required technical part of it a factor in their chosing a certain host? Some simple suggestions to facilitate this concept: a) Reduce jargon to essential keywords and organize them for the user who knows that jargon.:o Add informational key words to explain the jargon (could be done perhaps as alt text), or as a linkc) add a tutorial description 2 levels down (perhaps) from the key word. This tutorial could be looped back into the services provided by the site. So users can burrow down to see what and how they can learn what they need to learn and then link back to the options to buy the hosting pac.3. What value added are you offering which differenciates you from all the other cheap hosting packages? I can see how it would fit in with your idea (this posting idea) to have a paid hosting site which offers the value added of learn as you go. A kind of supported-learning-to-host-your-site environment, where the emphasis is on supporting the learning aspects, and the flow through experience of the user is always carefully planned to burrow into learning and then circle back to the specific hosting/webdesigning/application task at hand. a) I can see how the education/learning component could include a heirarchy of info starting with simple descriptive non technical explanations for techie terms, then including some more detailed general info, then a simple how to tutorial, then links to more complex tutorials, and also a forum on that particular aspect (divided into three levels of experience-newbie, intermediate, high end or techie user) Well, hope this helps. Nin

Hallo Opaque, i´m a very satified customer of your paid hosting company. Just one little thing. Why don´t you provide Banners for advertising the paid hosting on oyur resellers site? I know you provide links to the different packages but this could be a bit more streamlined. Just my opinionRegardsBlix

I love the idea of MicroPLAN @ $3.33 / YEAR!Moreover the one-month free part.I would like to make a suggestion.First of all, would you guarantee that my cousin's MicroPLAN will work as nicely as my Xisto site works ?Secondly, May I suggest to slightly raise the 10 Megs level up to 20 Megs ? The people I would recommend this should have space enough, in order to put two megs html files and a phpbb forum. And I'm afraid this will hardly fit in 10 megs.If a small site and a small forum can fit inside that MicroPLAN, then this would be really nice. So, people start with micro-plan, and if they are poor designers they will have no visitors and their site will not grow, and they will not need more thant that.And if the site works well, a lot of visitors and a lot of people posting to the private forum they can change switch to a basic plan, and then to a premium plan.RegardsYordan

Edited by yordan (see edit history)

Try Offering A Promotion Sign Up For A Year And Get 3 Months Free...Sign Up Now And Get Your First Month Half PriceA Free Domain Name With A One Year CommitmentOne Month Upgrade For Signing Up NowFree Advertisment for signing up now3 Free Gmail Accounts With PurchaseSign Up Now And Enter In A Chance To Get Hosting Free For A YearFree Flash Animation For Your Site With One Year Sign Up

I think a lot of posts here have very good suggestions regarding the details of your services, etc... so I won't add anything on that level. I will say that the frontpage, on the whole, is too busy. Layer your content. Don't be afraid of whitespace. Whitespace will draw attention to the things that you want your customers drawn to. Hence, have only a few absolutely critical items on the frontpage. Don't have a thousand different links on the page all going to the same order page. Have just the one prominent one: ORDER NOW concept. You likely have that order now button somewhere. But I can tell you that I didn't find it in the first 5 seconds of previewing your page. And that's the timeline you should be considering. Hope that helps, and good luck.

Edited by illini319 (see edit history)