xisto Community
djleli

Deactivate right click in internet explorer

i ever used similar scrip like that and put as css-cascade side scripts. unfortunately it cant run at my office after firewall activated in proxy or gateway. dunno which feature/option is make it blocked. so my script become useless :(

i ever used similar scrip like that and put as css-cascade side scripts. unfortunately it cant run at my office after firewall activated in proxy or gateway. dunno which feature/option is make it blocked. so my script become useless :(

I have never liked anything about deactivating right click. To me, it makes your website look kiddish and unprofessional. I will never do anything of that sort on any website I design unless requested for my any of my clients. That will be their full decision to make and I wont advice anyone to deactivate right click on his site cos I feel that it scares away your customers

I kind of agree..although it does make it more difficult for people to "steal" your stuff, there's still ways of doing it, and it's not worth it to annoy the heck out of the people who visit. I'm one of those people who are turned off.

but also, then again, Some real newbs and people new to computers wouldn't know any of that kind of stuff ( however you have to be a dimwit (no offense) to not know how to screenshot something.) So all of you have a point.

I hate it when people steal all your own work and writing and just paste it with out even editing it...but I aso hate putting a disable right click code, so it's bad both ways....and this annoys me...

Heres another code try if it works :

<body onselectstart="return false">

It's short and I think it works....People might be able to get passed it,only if they are genius'

I kind of silly, but somewhat effective way to keep (gullible) people from viewing your code is to put a comment right at the top of your code, saying something like

<!-- warning, this work is protected by copyright laws. Your IP address has been logged -->

and then you hit enter a bunch of times so it looks like that's all there is in the window. It'll freak people out enough to where they won't notice that they can just scroll down to see your code. :)

I dont really fancy the deactivation of right clicking. It only works with newbie internet users.

Take for instance, a friend of mine was trying to print something from a website and the site's code (probably) was preventing him from doing that. When he complained to me, these were the things i did

|| i first tried to write click and found out that right clicking was deactivated in there.

|| i then presses the office key on the keyboard to use the right click ketboard shortcut and then clicked on source

|| When the soucre code was displayed in notepad, i copied everything in there

|| I lauched MS FrontPage and went to the HTML editor page and paste everything i copied from notepad in there.

|| I then went pback to the normal view page and ........the page was displayed there.

|| Zooooom.....i printed it from there

So, you can see that for the more experienced internet users, right click deactivation doesnt mean anything....

Take that from me <_<

i just use firefox, and i downloaded the allow right click extension... so i can always beat those lame scripts... and i didnt need that extension anyways... since i always have javascript disabled on my firefox.

i just use firefox, and i downloaded the allow right click extension... so i can always beat those lame scripts... and i didnt need that extension anyways... since i always have javascript disabled on my firefox.

That means that the whole effort to deactivate right click is just a very futile effort. Isnt it?

i dont like disabling rick-click but after this person stole all my content it was only way. so if anybody wants this script below disables right click and highlighting. Btw thanks for that frame trick i will use it on the page that the person is stealing from.

[/br]<script language="JavaScript1.2">[br]function disableselect(e){p[/br]return false[br]}[/br][br]function reEnable(){[/br]return true[br]}[/br][br]//if IE4+wi[/br]document.onselectstart=new Function ("return false")[br][/br]//if NS6[br]if (window.sidebar){[/br]document.onmousedown=disableselect[br]document.onclick=reEnable[br]}[/br]</script>[br][/br]<script language=JavaScript>[/br]<!--[br]var message="";[/br]///////////////////////////////////[br]function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}[/br]function clickNS(e) {if [br](document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {[/br]if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}[br]if (document.layers) [/br]{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}[br]else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}[/br]// --> [br]</script>

but remember everyone dont use it unless u NEED to.<_<

I think like if those who use the old version of Netscape Navigator can view the source despite any code put in place. I've used it a few times when I'm trying to save some image. lol. Sometimes it annoys me enough that I have to do that print screen option.