xisto Community
firewire

What Speed And Package U Getting From Your Isp? Is it worth it.

5mb/2mb for $49.95(?). I actually only get about 1.2-1.5mb upload though. Still it's pretty sweet compared to most ISPs around here. Sometime soon we should be able to switch to Verizon's FiOS which has a 5mb/2mb package for $39.95 and the upload is more like 1.8mb. FiOS also has the great benefit of improving those ping times for your favorite multiplayer games. :D Oh and we supposedly have a cap but I never receive a letter no matter how far over it I go. I guess it's not really enforced.

I'm in New York and have Verizon DSL for $29.95 with speeds of 3Mbps/768Kbps.hehe. I see SocietalEclipse is like me. I can't wait to get Verizon's FiOS also. I heard that it's $34.95 though (for the 5Mbps package)...could be wrong :D .I don't think I have any cap limits on my DSL line. No calls or letters, and hopefully will never receive one from them either :D

I have a 2mb link with Ntl broadband in the UK which i pay £24.99 a month. The only problem i have had with it is there is a download limit on it, which ive had a few problems with in the past. Other than that, it is a sturdy and very reliable isp.

I am from South East Asia and the country is called Singapore. We have three major ISP for my country. I am using 1500Kpbs and upload of 128kpbs. The plan is unlimited/ :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In Paris, France, the two most competitive ISP's offer 20 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up. Monthly rate is between 15 euros (Neuf Telecom) and 30 euros (Free Telecom).

However, there is more to consider than the monthly rate, for instance most ISP's in Paris require their customers to use a premium number to access their customer service. Next thing you know, the service is down and customers pay to report it.

Hope this helps

Oh my ISP is just a pain.....

I's quite infamous now about what 'Ticsali' are doing with their customers in United Kingdom, it's disgraceful.

They are pretty much the only major ADSL ISP in the United Kingdom which DOESN'T GET SUPPORT BLOODY OUTBOUND MIGRATION.

That is in fact illegal here in my country, but the authorities are arguing over whose responsibility it is to deal with them, and in the mean time nothing happens and they continue to 'not bother' or 'forgetting' or 'delaying' outbound migration services.

It's so bad that in fact there has been a hate website set up called http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which is a speakeasy for outraged Tiscali customers (like myself) to just hate them.

I'm getting 512kbps broadband, at a whopping price of ÂŁ24.99, becuase apparantly my line has problems and it's more expensive. Yeah righ, BT have told me I can get 2mbps.

In any case I hate my ISP but theres no way out because they don't support outbound migration. Or so thats what they say...

Well, im from a different country than USA and therefore is will be an approximation of the US price.

I have 256 download / 128 upload. I have a 2GB bandwidth limit - which is soo annoying and restricting.

I pay $40NZD per month (about $28USD). My ISP is Singshot NZ

I also have a stupidly pathetic modem/router. I have a Billion 7100S modem/router that takes liek 30 - 150 seconds to connect - which i thought wasnt righ, but according to billion it can take upto 5 minutes depending on my phone line condition. My aunties 40 year old telephone wires and cheap, sale ADSL modem connects in 2 seconds at the VERY most.

I am on AOL UK and I got 1Mbps download speed @ 110kb/s and my upload rate is 256kbps @ 30kb/s. Also, my DSL connection has a max of 448 upload and 3,072 download, so soon, we're upgrade to 8Mbps which is 3Mbps download and 448Kbps upload.xxxx-jozh-xxxx

I get 4mbit/256 kbit. In reality my download speed is 460KB/s and my upload is aorund 26-28 KB/s. I'd say compared to the fact that I'm in Hungary this is pretty good. We pay around 30-35 euros a month. Pretty decent, and the service is always working.For Hungarian servers I always get pings around 20ms, for servers based in the EU, I get pings around 50-200ms's

Edited by Blaise (see edit history)

I only use dial up via gprs, so I don't know the exact speed. But it's an unlimited plan with cheap monthly price (about $25). I'm in Indonesia.

Whoa... my ISP sells decent Dial-Up for about $8.00 USD per month.

My dad works at my ISP, so I get about 10Mb download and .8Mb upload for free. That's higher than their highest plane.

Supposedly I should be getting 8Mbps download, but it rarely gets over 2Mbps, and come good old prime-time and it can drop to a quarter of that. Ah well, that's good old Virgin Media for you...£17.99 a month, I believe.

I'm am living in upstate NY and using Time Warner Road Runner. I get 5 Mb/s down and 764 Kb/s up. Service is unlimited. With the 3 in 1 plan (cable, internet, digital phone) its about $30 a month ($90 all together) and $40 without the 3 in 1 plan.