xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whafizi

Converting Flash Files To Gif how to convert flash files to anim gif

i used swishmax to make simple flash animation. but then, i figured out for simple animations we should use gif instead. this is to ensure wider compatibility with older browser or those who didnot have flash installed (for security reasons, etc). so, anyone have a simple solution of coverting SWF files to GIF files without compromising its quality?.thanks

i used swishmax to make simple flash animation. but then, i figured out for simple animations we should use gif instead. this is to ensure wider compatibility with older browser or those who didnot have flash installed (for security reasons, etc). so, anyone have a simple solution of coverting SWF files to GIF files without compromising its quality?.

thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get a program specifically for changing Macromedia Flash files into animated gifs. You can download it here. It's called Magic Swf2Gif 1.10, is completely free and is only 1.36 mb.

There is an option in Macromedia Flash itself I believe which allows you to save the flash files as an animated gif. I think it was under the export settings, not sure what the exact result was though but I think it worked out pretty well (Already some time ago now that I used flash)Grtz

magic swf2gif doesn

Converting Flash Files To Gif

Replying to JaredLeto

Hey if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong that'd be great. I've loaded the swf, clicked convert to gif, and the it comes up just fine the download bar goes all the way to 100% but then it just stays there... And the number at the top where it says "Current" just keeps getting higher and higher I let it get to the 1000's and it just kept going. Does it just take a long time to convert or is something wrong with mine? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT! Thanks in advance!

-reply by Mary

a good alternative that can convert almost any format to any other format (including swf/flv to gif) is erightsoft Super.

thanksConverting Flash Files To Gif

thanks guys, magic swf2gif really helped me a lot and I would gladly recommend it to others...! 

-feedback by Nico

the easy wayConverting Flash Files To Gif

instead of all this..  just make your animation in flash..

go to file export -> export movie

select the format you want to export and your work is finished

3 out of 5Converting Flash Files To Gif

Still thanksDoes the job but the picture looses its quality. And also if your animation is looping then the program converts and doesn't stop.

-feedback by samir delvira