xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
whafizi

The Best Web Design Combo my tools used for web designing. yours?

You know the best combination of webdesigning for me?
1. OS: Microsoft Windows XP
2. Web Server: Apache web server
3. Database: MySQL database
4. Dynamic page language: PHP
5. Page designer: Macromedia Dreamweaver
6. Graphic Designer: Adobe Photoshop

Honestly, i would like to use Mac or Linux instead. But, i was born with M Windows. I can't help it. What about u guys?

Hi,

I am a newbie here in this world of web design. here is my starter combination:

1. OS: Linux
3. Database: simple coded unix files (no program)
4. Dynamic page language: cgi-perl
5. Page Designer: Netscape composer
6. Graphic Designer: None

I am still looking for a nice graphic designer. Are there any free graphic designers available on net?
Am i at loss for not using a standard database like mySQL except for inability to port my data (which i dont need)

-neo_is

hello all ... i think it`s time to upgrade your site (anyone) to make a site in swishmax ... this is a nice web site builder(not only) and i think it`s easy to work with it ... so try to download it and after that u can start to make your new site ... get some nice swish templates from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or http://www.swish-tutorials.com/ (noth free) and start to edit tham .... u can edit everything in all templates, or u can learn swish online ... they have a big list of tutoials .... it`s easy .. try it ! :Pnote: external file is .swf (shickwave file)enjoy

Hi,1. OS: Windows Vista Ultimate2. Web Server: WAMP's Apache3. Database: WAMP's MySQL4. Page Designer: PSPad (Text Editor)5. Graphic Designer: Photoshop CS3I'll give a try to NVU.Regards.

1. OS: Windows XP Pro2. Web Server: Apache on XAMPP3. Database: mysql on XAMPP4. Dynamic page language: PHP5. Page Designer: PHP Designer 2007 Personal6. Graphic Designer: Paint.NETid like to use either kubuntu, ubuntu, open suse or fedora but i was brought up with windows and im too used to it. i really need to get at least vista.I also use ColorPic along with graphics, its so useful! i use pixel art so its great!

I do a lot of creating like the imagery and such on my XP desktop. I like to have total control from my mouse. I have Photoshop and Dreamweaver on my desktop and Photoshop on my Vista laptop. I do text creations and play around with scripting in VB and Java, but lately I have been just finding easy coding online. So I do a lot of text oriented stuff on the laptop because it is crunching buttons.Lately I haven't done too much with servers. I just try to do my pages and then upload onto Xisto. I would like to setup a little in house network server on Windows Standard... probably because it is just a basic setup. But for now it is setup and transfer to and from desktop to laptop.The laptop has better specs than the desktop, so that is why I am able to do the really good scouting online for scripts, and I use Word to just do my postings and entries, and all of the text oriented for my forums and webpage.

I have:1. OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP22. Web Server: Debian Linux3. Database: MySQL database4. Dynamic page language: PHP5. Page designer:Adobe Dreamweaver6. Graphic Designer: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator or logos as such.

You know the best combination of webdesigning for me?
1. OS: Microsoft Windows XP
3. Database: MySQL database
4. Dynamic page language: PHP
5. Page designer: Macromedia Dreamweaver
6. Graphic Designer: Adobe Photoshop

Honestly, i would like to use Mac or Linux instead. But, i was born with M Windows. I can't help it. What about u guys?

Production Environment: Debian Stable or firewalled Windows platform
Server: Apache HTTP Server + mod_ssl
Database Management: MySQL Database Server with phpMyAdmin
Scripting Language: PHP + MySQL support (XHTML 1.0 Strict DOCTYPE)
Editor: Notepad++ / Quanta plus
Image Manipulation: Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (even works with Win32 application layer under Linux - e.g. WINE) or GNU Image Manipulation (GIMP)
Platforms: Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x - 7.x, Opera and Lynx
Network: Router firewall with port forwarding
FTP: PureFTPd or Filezilla FTP Server for Win32 platforms
Remote Administration: SSH or OpenSSH for Win32 platforms
Monitoring: Snort IDS with ACID or other OSS IDS for tracking web exploits targeting poorly designed PHP code.
Apache HTTP Server Testing: M****ploit *****work
Website Validation Tools: W3C and Website Optimization Analyzer (see Google)

Well, I use:1. OS: Windows XP2. Web Server: WAMP while localhost, LAMP if on a Linux server3. Database: MySQL database4. Dynamic page language: PHP5. Page designer: PHP Designer, Zend Studio.6. Graphic Designer: GIMP

I prefer1. OS: Windows XP SP2 (need to test sites in IE), or else Ubuntu2. Web Server: Xisto, XAMPP on localhost (on Windows 98)3. Database: MySQL database4. Dynamic page language: PHP5. Page designer: Notepad++6. Graphic Designer: GIMPI would design all in Ubuntu using gedit but unfortunately I need to test my sites in Internet Explorer and Safari. I don't like using WYSIWYG software because I prefer my site to be valid XHTML 1.0 Strict. I do not find WYSIWYG editors particularly helpful anyways. PHP Designer is ok, I've tried it before.

On my web servers, I usually use the following:1. OS: CentOS, or Red Hat Linux2. Web Server: Apache 23. Database: MySQL 5 Community Edition4. Dynamic page language: PHP 55. Page designer: Usually none, previously NVU6. Graphic Designer: GIMP and Inkscape

1. OS: Windows XP SP2 (although Vista on my laptop loads everything faster)2. Web Server: Apache3. Database: MySQL database4. Dynamic page language: PHP mostly5. Page designer: none, just regular Notepad or Wordpad on Vista6. Graphic Designer: Paint.NETI don't use Photoshop, mainly because of the price of purchasing it. Instead, I find that Paint.NET has almost all of the features of Photoshop and has many developers working to upgrade it frequently with more options, all for one low price for $0.00.