xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Browser War! Ideal Browser for Web Designing

Ideal Browser for Web Designing  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would have to vote for IE. Its compatable with most websites, in fact I have yet to find one its not. But its fairly secure and well made. Though I have only used Netscape other then IE so i can not say anything about the rest of them. Though I have heard about Firefox from a few freinds but I won't test it until I get my personal computer back.

Hey, i use firefox but designing pages for one browser type, and then adjusting them for others doesn't seem like a professional approach to me. Basicly i found that pages validated with validator.w3.org have a 90% chance of showing up correctly on all browsers. I think it's better if you start with a generic desing, and after some time, take a look at the visitor stats of your site and see what are the most used browsers, and optimize the site for them. You can also try a scripting approach(i.e. php script that returns output according to user agent, but that's time consuming and few will appreciate it)

Anything but IE.It can't render pages correctly.Do an internet search for "box model" and I'm sure you'll find lots of debates relating to IE.I personally use Firefox becuase it's uncluttered to gives me a lot of page viewing area.

I think webdesign should be for Firefox because it adheres to web standards much more than Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer uses too many proprietary codes in its browser and should adhere to standards better.

Hi all,Am a web Designer and Programmer for web based applications. As per my knowledge its is better to consider firefox as a ideal web browser than Internet Explorer 6.x. As Firefox is well know for its cool rendering options when we compare to Internet explorer. And once again its Free to download and Plat form independent. If you are going to design a website please design it for Firefox, if it works fine on Firefox then it will work on all present browsers.Cheers Firefox,Pradeepcs

Hi all,

.. As Firefox is well know for its cool rendering options ..

Pradeepcs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi there , i am also a graphics/web designer

and i would extemley want to kno what are these " COOL REDNERING OPTIONS"

as you dont sound realastic to me at all ..

There is no Best Web Design Web browser.People dont use web bwrosers to develop web sites, only to view them.you should follow the W3C standards, that should mean Firefox / Mozilla / Safari / all the other Wc3 compliant browers render the page the same, then test in Internet explorer, and attempt to tweak the code where IE has made mistakes.Plus, it depends on your target audience...im sure Linuxquestions.org dont give a crap how IE renders the site, i bet it gets very few IE hits.but for google, yahoo / general forums, most people will be using Internet Explorer....thats not a statement about which explorer is better, its a fact.a website should be Compliant with the sttandards, and if there is a problem with IE (most likely with CSS) then tweak away, but try not to break any standards.

i'm confused with what the original topic is about now. Is it for viewing web designs or testing it? Because everyone is saying stuff like, "FireFox is the best, all explorer users suck" (well maybe not that direct). But as most people know, even if "IE really stunk as a browser" majority of the viewers will be using it. So as a designer, wouldn't you want to make it easier for their viewers to view the site? Cause i'm sure most people will not want to go get Firefox simply because to view one site. If i could only test my web layout on only one browser, it'd have to be IE, though I also use a FireFox browser.

Ice? never heard of it. But yeah, for designing websites, you don't design in Mozilla, you view. How they view is depended on how the browser is built. I am a Netscaper. Netscaper is anything and everything I want in a browser. It may not be the best, but as long as it does what I want. View Webpages, then i'm fine. For what's actually better. I don't know becuase what one lacks, the other has, and viceversa.Oh and you forgot AOL. 0.0

if you ask the best for designing, i would say IE simply because it supports all latest plugins and more importantly most of your website's visitors will be using IE.but just for browsing, i prefer firefoz.