xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Browser War! Ideal Browser for Web Designing

Ideal Browser for Web Designing  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There are many different opinion , I am now want to give you the data information about the persentage of the people using which Browser :

February 2005
FireFox --------------20%
Mozilla --------------4%
Netscape 7-----------1.1%
Opera ----------------2%
IE 6 ------------------64.9%

(information from http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/default.asp)

I use firefox and IE but... IE is universal, displays all sites fine(some really doesn't look so well on firefox). It's the most generic browser to use. :P

I agree with an earlier poster: that you should always design for the worst possible browser. As a designer of your website, if you want your website to be accessible, you should always design for the people with the browser that has the least features, display the most mistakes and what not. If it works in that sucky browser (which I feel, has to be Internet Explorer for MAC. It sucks even more than IE for windows, believe it or not), it should work for all the rest of the browsers.But really, design for standards, not for browsers. Go to W3 and get your site verified and checked, and THEN check it with the worst browser around. That way you can be pretty sure it'll work for all browsers in general. Designing for the best browser around makes little sense unless your site is only for those with the best browser. Like your site is a Firefox extension site, so you design for Firefox browsers only. EVEN SO, don't forget people move around. Someone using Firefox at home may not have the privilege of using it at his workplace or school, and if he needed to access your site, deisgned only for Firefox only, he'd be in trouble.That was an example only, no offence to Firefox users.