xisto Community
Vacant

Free Html Editor?

I value the community forums as a way of sharing a personal experience which a large amount of us would have to go through, in this case finding a proper way to code. However, when one reads the topic correctly you see that I want one rather specific - google cant tell you which have spyware or not, or what the actual customer satisfation is like (as it is traditional to make up testimonies!). So you see, canute24, questions like these need to be asked. If I took googles word as gospel I wouldnt get very far, would I? Even a powerful advanced search cant block me from all the rogue internet traders! No one can be trusted, but you guys do come closer than most methods on the internet.

HTML Beauty from http://www.htmlbeauty.com/ is a good editor. It has
1. syntax highlighting
2. toggle-on/off browser preview
3. an image viewer
4. an explorer that helps you find your pages

The interface is user-friendly. If you are an MS Notepad or Vi lover, you'd appreciate the functionality of HTML Beauty.

You could use NVU free html editor. =] its very nice, but remeber its free so it will lack some features. but its still very nice for being free. Just google it.

I used 1stpage 2000 for several years until I switched to Mac. Now I use NVU. It's a bit buggy sometimes, but works very well for my needs. NVU is the opensource extention of the old Netscape Composer from way, way back, like a decade ago. But it has a bunch of features and works a lot of different platforms.

Try php designer http://www.mpsoftware.dk/downloads.php dont be put of by the php part of the name it edits anything! HTML, JS, PHP, SQL, XML, and anything else. It has syntax highlighting for all those and more syntaxes and a preveiw tab. the personal edition is free for non-comercial use and ive been using it for a long time and not a single problem in the form of viruses or ad/spyware :) Its great and sounds perfect for your needs