xisto Community
friso

Animal Crossing is it good?

While it lasted, Animal Crossing was a fun game. Here's my review:

Pros:

You don't have to play every single day, because it lets you reset the date and time. If you don't play for a month, you can go back in time so your animal friends won't hate you and wonder where you've been.

You can play with your friends who also have Animal Crossing.

It's a pretty addicting game for the first while.

You can make cool designs with your gameboy or in the game at the Able Sisters.

The game makes good use of the gameboy, I think.

When you reset the game without saving, you get Resetti yelling at you when you come back. It's hilarious!

If you're all about winning, cheats are all over the internet for you. This game is VERY easy to win with cheats!

It ALMOST seems like a real town with all the events and happenings.

Cons:

The main point of the game is flawed. You have to get money to pay off your rent to Tom Nook. But the only way to get the money (besides cheats and getting really lucky at games with your neighbors) is to sell things to Tom Nook! It's like a cycle. You sell Tom Nook an item, you get money, you pay off your house, he gets money, you want a bigger house, you sell something else to Nook, you get money, you pay off your house, he gets money. YOU SEE?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!!

Whenever you write a letter to a person, even if you say the sweetest thing in the world, they can take it as an insult.

Only one person can play at a time, so unless you have two gamecubes, when your friend comes over to play Animal Crossing in each other's town, one of you will be bored.

The game can last FOREVER and when you finally beat it, all you get is a stupid statue in front of the train station.

When you first start out, doing work for Nook can be a PAIN.

When you do jobs for other animals, THEY can be a PAIN! The jobs can last FOREVER because some animal lent it to another animal, who lost it at this other animal's house, who found it and gave it to the wrong animal, who took it and also lost it, and this animal found it and gave it as a gift to the next animal, who now has it. See how careless your fellow citizens are?

Unless your town is very convenient as far as the terrain goes and where places are, you're going to hate running errands and going to events. Sure, your character never gets tired, but your thumbs will.

It's a very fun game, despite the cons. Especially when you don't think about them! I rate the game 8 stars of 10.

Well, considering I live on a farm in real life, I doubt I'd get too much enjoyment from this :mellow:. However, for people that want to have a real life simulation it sounds like a pretty neat game, especially for kids - as they get to do things that they can't necessarily do until they're older in real life. I should try it sometime (even though it's pretty old by now).

I thought the game was a good time waster. It a much better game if you have a friend that plays that way you want to buy stuff to make your house better. Fishing is fun but not the best. I think making money is a pain in the butt until you have enough money to live off the stock market. I also hate that you have to play every day or your city is overgrown with weeds. Other than that its fun and overall a good game.

It's like they took harvest moon, got rid of the farming, got rid of the courting brides, the festivals, the animal raising, and everything that makes harvest moon what it is, and left nothing but a topdown character running around able to pick stuff from trees and fish to sell them or eat them, and then they took the sims and got rid of the stats, the fact that objects influence the stats, and the ability to get married and interact, left nothing but decorating and clothes changing, and mashed them together.

I completely agree with you! It's like the mashed the most boring parts of 2 awesome games together and came out with a semi-ok time consuming, not THAT fun game. (I've only played animal crossing on DS by the way)
I love Harvest moon, it's sort of "simulation" yet it's got interesting parts as well like the festivals, farming etc. Have you played rune factory? It's like a fantasy RPG version and even better!

But I'm digressing from the topic. Animal crossing is not that great. It's so time consuming to play, you have to play it practically every day to get anywhere. The activities and things you can do are pretty mundane (pick fruit, dig up fossils, change some furniture, try as hard as you can to make money) etc, sort of like the sims but 100x less exciting.

I think the game focuses most on the whole "decorating house" thing, but if I wanted that, I would play the Sims.

I don't recommend this game at all, but some people really like it. It's personal preference. If you like repeating things over and over and doing 'day to day' activities without much of a plot... go for it :rolleyes:

----I LOVE THIS GAME-------

This is a great game. Very addicting and lot's of Girls and Boys play . A great present for kids age =7-12 . And it's a very fun game !

-reply by Ebony

Animal Crossing is a  really fun game its like another life. You get to meet new friends but not people animals! you get to shop at Nooks Cranny , Help out friends, decorate your house , earn money , send letters, and you better save cause if you don't then a creepy mole guy will come have a long YELL! it  sucks a lot BuBuy

animal crossing is not rubbishAnimal Crossing

hello who ever you are animal crossing is not rubbish it is great fun you probaly find it rubbish because you don't know how to play the game. Anyway on animal crossing I have got a manchen it is so cool and you can get a duttive by ufo on the game animal crossing you have to ecape 

-reply by paige

Animal Crossing Rox out loud. I have City Folk. Any1 have it? If so we can exchange friend codes. Just Email me at Kingbrendyn@aol.Com. Make sure u make a Subject so I don't throw it out. :P

-reply by Toya of the dark