xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

How To Change Ur Ip Address

The chaging IP sort of works for me, when I type "ipconfig" into the command prompt, it tells me the IP I entered, but after I click "Obtain an IP address automatically" it still tells me the IP address, but I can't access the internet.I can fix it by typing in "ipconfig /renew" into the cmd prompt, but then I'm stuck with the same IP address as before!Could anyone please help?-reply by Fisherboy

Is it possible to change static ip:s?How To Change Ur Ip AddressI have a dynamic ip which doesn't change very often. I wrote the followingBatfile to be able to change the address because once my pc was almostOverflooded by scanners:ipconfig /releasePing -and 250 127.0.0.1>nulIpconfig /renewThat solved my problem.Now to my question. I sent the file to a friend who has a static address(at least he believes so) and asked him to test it. My file changed hisIp and he panicked and contacted his Support. Later on I was accusedOf hacking :)My guess is that he didn't have a real fixed address. What's your opinion?Is it really possible to change a static address with those simple commands?I want to defend myself.

Lari G.

-question by Lars Garefelt

you have to run as administrator so go to the start menu, in the search menu type command prompt, right click when you find it and click on run as administrator then try using the code after that it should let you

Unable to assign manual Ip to systemHow To Change Ur Ip Address

Hi,I have two systems installed windows xp sp2. I am cnnecting them with straight lan cable.Erlier I was able to connect them and access all data. Recently I have formatted one of them now I am trying to assign manual ip to formatted system it promt for restart when I restsrt it and see network address it is not aquiring ip given by me and it shows no ip and status shows as local area network connected ip assigned by DHCP. Ip I ping other pc I am getting reply but I am unable to access any data on another PC but I can access that pc remotely. I have checked firewall is turned off on both end please suggest me what to do. As per my knowledge whenever we assign Ip to system itv will not prompt for restart. So please tell me what to doJagdeep

-question by jagdeep Bhatt

How do you get these same steps put into a bat (batch) file as well? How To Change Ur Ip Address

Okay, wonderful regarding the manual process (steps) to reset your IP address. I have seen these similar steps posted all over the web. Thank you! It works for me. Now, how you can you take this same process and convert this to an automated batch file. So I would just click on the batch file (say on my desktop) and this same process occurs in an automated fashion. Please post the code line by line so I can create the batch (.Bat) file from a .Txt file. Thank you!

-question by Troy

MisunderstandingHow To Change Ur Ip Address

I think some of you guys are getting confused with LAN IP addresses and WAN IP addresses.

The ipconfig /release command only release the IP address of you LAN adapter, it will not affect the WAN IP address.

If you have a Static WAN IP address (given by your ISP) you cannot change it without contacting them.

Your only other option is to use a Web Proxy or a VPN service to hide/mask your WAN IP address.

-reply by dlj123

It's funny the things people thing they know but have absolutely no idea like qwijibow above who not only said  that changing your ip was about as useful as changing the color of your kidneys but also that this post was obsolete.

Not only is this post that was posted back in 2004 NOT obsolete, there are more people today looking to do this I really do believe than there was in 2004.

Thanks for this.  After hours of trying I stumbled across this very simple way and was floored that it actually worked.  I have windows vista by the way.

Again thanks

-reply by It Worked For Me

Changing IPHow To Change Ur Ip Address

Plenty of interesting posts, but unfortunely for me - grossly uninformative. There is SOME way to change the WAN IP, otherwise sites like cmyip.Com couldn offer a method to do so (for a fee), I'm just wondering what they do to do - well - what they do! Admittedly, gibberish - unless you check out the site (and their offer)!

After having done so, if anyone has any ideas - could they please share???

Thanks 

-reply by argonne

Automate thisHow To Change Ur Ip Address

Cmd is great, but I recommend you to use some tool for that. I'm using Maxidix IP Switcher for example, it is the simplest way for fast switching between IP settings. I that the other program Wifi Suite can switch settings even automatically when you connecting to wireless network.

-reply by JohnMalc