xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

How To Change Ur Ip Address

Precisely.If you want to hide your real IP address on the internet, use an high-anonmity proxy.However, note that will greatly reduce your speed.My DSL line is 512/128, but after passing through and local proxy, a speed test returned an speed of about 200kbps, whereas it normally returns 434kbps.

To change the IP address for your Internet connection you have to change the IP address for the router or modem. On a DSL or Cable modem (Iâll use modem for short) the IP addresses are dynamically assigned and can change when the lease is up or when your ISP forces a change, this is unless you pay for a static IP address.

To see what your modems IP address are you can do a trace route from the command prompt or go online to a site that will show your IP address. Like: Click here to see the IP address you show on the internet.

Now you can log off the Internet, turn off your modem, wait 5 minutes and turn it back on. If you go back to the same site you will see if the IP address changed or stayed the same.

So changing the IP address on your computer may not change your Internet IP address. If you do an âipconfig /allâ at the command prompt you will see the windows configuration and IP address for that computer. Most but not all of the time the first octet of your IP address will be 10, 172 or 192 (this are fake none-routable IP addresses)

So if your computers IP address and the IP address that you show to the Internet (use previous link to test) is not the same then that whole change of the computers IP address are for nothing. On the other hand if you are creating a home network and would like to have control over what IP addresses each computer have then you can assign your own IP addresses. Make sure you use an IP range that is not commonly used for the Internet. You can create a class A, B, or C network at home and the NAT (Network Address Translation) will translate the âfakeâ non-routable into a routable address (your modemâs IP address)

If you think about the modem as the dividing point between you and the Internet then you control everything on the inside. This is your network and you can lay it out and assign IP addresses, as you like. From the modem to the internet are controlled by your ISP and the initial setup registers the MAC address for that modem and the ISP assign you an IP address from their dynamic IP space.

Nils

Yeah, thats already been ssaid atleast twice i think in this thread.

heheheeheh. My ip changing technique is the most easiest.look first u need to have a local area connection.then u need a sofware called x sharez scanner.the u need another software called smac.procedures are now.that first u open xsharezscanner then enter ip range then hit scan . u will be provided with some mac addresses.enter one of the mac address in that program called smac. your current mac address vll be changed to the other only when u hit change button.last and final step is to disable and enable the connection from the netwoprk places. thanks

and if your IP is blocked by some online server, use a PROXIE !!!

Why? you r always blocked by Adutlbouncer/Deluxepass because of using expired pass? :)

if you r using public IP address (connected directly to the internet), the liberty to change your IP will only be held by your ISP. you cannot change it manually. eventhough you are having dynamic IP, changging your IP might cause network conflicts. therefore, your ISP might bann you from their network.

if you r on a your own networking, then, it will no problems.

ahhh thanks qjwibo or w.e lol sorry its like 4:30am for me n i just came on to check what replies I got for this. You really answered exactly what I needed man. The ip spoofing technique. That technique is good if your ip is banned from certain hosts and you don't feel like getting a new ip cuz you for example hsot a website or something on your comp lol

ahhh thanks qjwibo or w.e lol sorry its like 4:30am for me n i just came on to check what replies I got for this.  You really answered exactly what I needed man.  The ip spoofing technique.  That technique is good if your ip is banned from certain hosts and you don't feel like getting a new ip cuz you for example hsot a website or something on your comp lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well you obviously didnt read mey post very well.

Changing you IP address can only be done by your ISP, Yes, restarting the interface somtimes the ISP will give you a new IP, so what.

Changing your IP is Useless.

IP Spoofing is only of any use with UDP / ICMP, not with TCP. ( http, ftp, ssh and almost every protocol that conts works on tcp)

Useless all of it. please let this thread DIE.

ok, folks this is a good time to remember something a small memorable fact. If you don't want to look foolish, google it first. Many smart people appear geniuses for simply taking the time to do a quick web search. For instance, what is an ip address? go google go. ahh.. a webopedia def.

Well, let's see, being that many of you are working off of dsl/cable/some isp that means that your ip was never registered. But, your isp does have one, probably a lot actually of them actually. Then they connect that to a system kind of like a router, but a lot bigger and more complex. That 'ISPRouter' then waits for 'you' to connect and assigns you an IP. Depending on the ISP they may assign 'you' a static (doesn't change) ip that links to your account or maybe your phone number, or dynamic (changes frequently) ip when you connect, this number should not change as long as 'you' remain connected to your isp. Then, 'you' may be a router which accepts that ip (which really isn't registered, but just applies to people connected to your isp's network) and it then can distribute more ip's these are usually xxx.xxx.yyy.yyy. Where the x's are some preset numbers your router's manufacturer likes and are not used by ip registering folks, and the y's are some random number it dynamically assigned you through a protocol known as dhcp or statically gave you, which is configurable through your router.

Now, looking at how pseudo your ip really is, what difference does it make? Also, good to note even if your router or machine is getting dynamically assigned ip's, so you think you can conduct illegal activity - guess again. isps track and log all ip's given and the times/dates/accounts they were given out to. Then that account can easily show who owns it and all of their contact info. I don't say this to antagonize you, but rather to let you know I did something stupid several years ago, and the fed taught me, don't let them do the same to you. Oh, and you should know that every communication you send via the anonymous internet, tells your ip to whatever you're communicating to - including, 'anonymous' e-mail/file/web/chat servers

This Topis is ALWAYS at the top of this section of the forum.nothing new is being said.and like some poeple have said many many times, Changing your IP is does by your ISP, your IP will always be within the range of IP's registered to your ISP.they can always trace you, changing your ip is pointless.so im gonna kill this thread :)(If anyone wants to talk about changing local area network ip adresses, subnet masks, or any other kind of IP other than the your Internet Ip, then PM me and i will re-open this thread)

The all ways that you said are right but you can use some free softwares that they are very safe than this ways.+so any way I have question :how I can surf on the net in very safe and secret mood?I know about hide my ip -Moha

changeing ips on one of my networked pc

My Q. Is can I change the ip address on one of my computers in a shared network so I can have then both join the same gaming server I.E: same hosted game without it conflicting?

-xI3luEx

This Ip

Ok I ran a test on this and it did not work at all. So in other words, this is pretty much a joke and shouldn't have even been posted here because its useless

-willywonka