xisto Community
gladiator_us

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD a tutorial for you all

cannot format hdd, bad cluster errorHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

hi everybody, I have hdd 40gb, it's not formated. When I have to. there's a bad cluster warning , from my software I use partition magic, what solution for me? thanks. I wait your feedback 

-reply by farid

cannot format hdd, bad cluster error

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

hi everybody, I have hdd 40gb, it's not formated. When I have to. there's a bad cluster warning , from my software I use partition magic, what solution for me? thanks. I wait your feedback

If it's your only disk, you can also boot on a ms-dos floppy and format your drive, or let the Windows or the Linux installer format the drive, this will also remove the bad cluster error.

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD?How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD please tell me , its very important for me?

bhalchandra jadhav

How to Remove Bad .....How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDDBad sectors are of two kinds: physical and logical. The physical ones are those created by dust particles or scratching the hdd plate. The logical ones are created by miswritings which lead to improper hdd plate magnetization. I hardly recommend HDD Regenerator created by a rusky guy. It takes like forever to scan and repair depending on bad sector number but it is known to have revived some preety messed up hard drives.REMEMBER : Physical bad sectors CANNOT BE FIXED. Only LOGICAL BAD sectors CAN BE FIXED.

Bad Cluster / Bad SectorHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

Use PartitionMagic 8 by Norton and try to half the partition then format low level reboot in safe mode. Chkdsk or WD Cleaner then Again Merge using Norton utility and you are done. And also we Here in Pakistan at RWP have our own programs.

-reply by Ahsan

Bad Sector Removing SoftwareHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

yeah you are right , Seamap is best software for demage hard drive's , but I have some another problem at my hard disk I want to remove only from partition C: bad sector , do you know any another software which can only format / remove bad sector from partition c 

-reply by Muhammad Ibrar

fixing bad sectorsHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

Spinrite (from Grc.Com) will test and restore most disk (hard and floppy) problems. I have been using it for over twenty years and it has never let me down.

Some drives that were very close to dying completely were restored enough to recover all the data. They did die shortly after, but all the data was recovered.

Hope this helps.

}:-)>

-reply by pc.Maint

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDDHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

Replying to (G)fams84I think...I think that there are several arguments running on bad sector removal but I still did not find a fully workable solution for it. While it tried Seagate's Disk manager to remove bad sectors but sometimes it fails to do that I don't understand what to do about it. So I downloaded the software named HDD REGENERATOR but it does not work fully as it meant to be...

Thanks-reply by fams84

-reply by raghavendra

Please remember that you cannot really "remove" a bad sector.A bad sector is a part of your disk where the magnetic information is not writable correctly.So, most of the operating systems have a way of flagging some disk sectors as "do not use". When a file has to be written, if the file has to go on that sector, the driver sees "do not use" and uses the next available one.This means that, if a sector was good and had data on it, when the sector becomes bad, the data are lost.Some recovery techniques allow to recover some files, but anyway the bad sector will remain bad.

bad sector of HDDHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

BAD SECTORS-  how they are created in hard disk.

how it will remove from HDD.

in my HDD when writting goes on bad sector after some time get blue screen with message- "KERNLE MEMORY DUMP". I have near about 1 to 2 bad sector in all drive. 

GIVE ME SOLUTION ON IT.  

-reply by Dhiren Patil

HDD ProblemHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

I have a HDD. This is 80 gb but when I start windows then I can use 20 or 30 but I can`t use proberly 80 GB Now What can I do?

-reply by minhaz

SeaMap.exe software - fix BS HDDHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDDReplying to gladiator_us= I do have a few HDDrives with bed sectors and this is a great if I can get use of them again, first where to finde the [seaMap.Exe software] if not, then could you email it to [genia@beotel.Net] , hope is not too large file. Think you anyway, M

How much time it takesHow To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

Replying to gladiator_usHello friend,How much time the seamap tool takes to format a 40 GM harddisk. I am running it on a harddisk, it just showing blinking *testing* and has no progress bar.

-reply by Siddharth