xisto Community
Hercco

Anyone Else Into Alternative Rock? Punk and HC particulary

If here happens to be anyone else who is into punk rock let's get some discussion started!

Your favourite bands and albums? And do you have some local, not so well known, bands to share with us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judas priest is simply the best. They already have a lot of albums , and on 28 december the next is in stores!

I like about anything that has to do with rock or blues. I dont like music that is driven by corporate big wigs trying to make a buck tho. all of that stuff is trying to tell you what you like insted of deciding for youre self. A lot of the realy popular bands today actulay had a good first album before they got tainted by the money. My favorite style of music right now is goth metal and trans metal, but I allso realy enjoy some lighter stuf at times.

I think that is an good question. But I can as one of the first present my #1 favourite band, Dead Kennedys, album Frankenkrist and tune Too drunk to f*** and Holyday in Cambodia. Sex Pistoles isn't forgotten either and here is my favourite tune God save the queen and Anarchy in UK. Nina Hagen Band Unbehagen...:-)

(B4 metal was I punkrocker at the old school..:-) )

Cheers!

Jens

Punk is still not dead!

If here happens to be anyone else who is into punk rock let's get some discussion started!

Your favourite bands and albums? And do you have some local, not so well known, bands to share with us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Punk rock it's cool music, and I like it, the best group what I know - "Король и Шут" ^_^ "The King and Joker" rushian famoust punk rock group, the best album is "Ели мясо Мужики" <-> "Muzhiks ate meat" . I doubt that you understant what I say:). Sum 41 is good alternative rock too.

I love alternative rock music. To me though, bands such as the Stereophonics, The Killers and The Zutons really define the alternative scene. Seeing as guitar is my instrument, I worship guys like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Santana.I'm actually in an alternative rock band called Local Rate, though nobody will have heard us yet as we're still very new. Is anybody else here in a band?

I'm love the Zutons more than life itself! I've been their biggest fan 4ever!! I usually class them as kinda Indie or "different" but I guess they can be alternative rock! I was into them when they were less famous n now I'm really chuffed coz they're becoming big!! I have all their autographs n stuff, they're really sound! And they're from Liverpool \m/I love King Bathmat... anyone heard them?

Oh yes... alternative rock all the way. I personally like Louis XIV at the moment but I don't exactly consider them alt. rock. Myslovitz is a great polish alt. rock band so if you can, check them out! Tex la homa, Dandy Warhols, Detroit Cobars, The Rasmus, yeah, you get the drift. xD

I love alternative rock music.  To me though, bands such as the Stereophonics, The Killers and The Zutons really define the alternative scene.  Seeing as guitar is my instrument, I worship guys like Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Santana.

I'm actually in an alternative rock band called Local Rate, though nobody will have heard us yet as we're still very new.  Is anybody else here in a band?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alternative rock such as punk is my favourite kind of music.

I love punk bands like The White Stripes, Pixies, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, The Hives, The Strokes and The Donnas.

I like alt. rock like Modest Mouse, Louie the 14th, the Killers, etc but wouldnt stuff that was alternative in the 90s be considered mainstream now? Like Radiohead, R.E.M, and a bunch of other bands I cant think of now :S We had a good Alt station where I live (MD/DC) but they changed their format to Spanish music in response to the growing number of Hispanics who listen to the radio. You can find new music faster on the internet anyways.

Alternative rock such as punk is my favourite kind of music.

I love punk bands like The White Stripes, Pixies, The Ramones, Dead Kennedys, The Hives, The Strokes and The Donnas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are all good bands, but I dont consider the white stripes, pixies, hives, or strokes as punk. They are definetly aternative, yes, but punk? No way. I think people are losing sight of what punk was really about: being downtrodden and playing music because you're angry about the way people more important than you have ****ed you around. Bands like the dead kennedys and the saints etc... I define as punk, because they sang about rebellion and social issues, as well as satire sometimes. So, as refused put it so aptly in their song: "the shape of punk to come" :

Adolescent beats with a new thing to see

Smashed guitars just like you've seen on T.V.

With burning speakers & flaming hair

We'll have a riot right here

...... they were saying punk has become pop culture... which it has. sniff sniff

Music is so subjective - most great musicians don't really like to be classified as any particular thing because music is just music. People who like to categorize and organize because they can't handle accepting things on thier own terms are the ones who come up with this alternative-this and punk-that. If anyone is in a band with a website and stuff it would be cool to hear some demos or see some links and stuff. I am working on a site here if anyone wants to visit the link it's http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. It would be nice to see some other sites and hear some peoples music if anyone cares to share.