xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Headbangers Ball Metal and Hard Rock

Hi,

When this music forum was added was Metal forgotten, why?

I've been into Metal for several years and listning to the most of cathagories in metal from the extremly soft AOR like Boston, Kansas..etc. and to the most parants worst nightmares Thrash, Death, HardCore, Black Metal like norwigan style as Satyricon and Immortal.

But the scene is a little rusty at the moment and very hard to seperate into cathaogories, and not like when I was young :-) With only few genres like Speed/thrash metal as Metallica, Death Metal as Death and Morbid Angel and the rest like Europe..:-(

I hope that this would made some funny discussions and just a lot of fun...:-)

Cheers

Metal Up!

Jens

Because Metal generally belongs to Alternative :)Btw, Hardcore is not a metal-kind of music, it's crappy techno beat **** ;pBlutEngel, Lacrimosa, Diary of Dreams all the way

I don't know what you understand with Hard Core, but I agree that it isn't Metal and it isn't either techno, but it was born out of Punk Rockers like Dead Kennedys R.I.P. etc. Metallica has sent several tribute to these days late 79-80.

Btw, Hardcore is not a metal-kind of music, it's crappy techno beat **** ;p

BlutEngel, Lacrimosa, Diary of Dreams all the way

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's both techno/rock hardcore.The rock one being a blend of punk rock with a pint of death metal, because of the speed and screaming.The techno one being...well.. just a lot of really "hard" dancing? I don't know how that is but yeah...I love metal, it's a shame that most of it (mainstream one anyways) sucks, I'm 17 and I started listening to crap like Korn, Staind, Slipknot, all that self-proclaimed "nu metal". I realize that it's not even a genre, it's mostly alternative music with metal distortion pedals and whiney lyrics.

hey Hast, have you tried out tristania? you might like em. Their first and third Cds are their best. Also check out theatre of tragedy. Damn, I wish I was at me desktop, I have all my music on there and I could suggest a bunch more bands. If you feel like rummaging through a lot of crap for a few true diamonds, go to https://www.scene.org/

In general, you're right.

Metal has been going downhill for a while, which is shown by the growth of newpunk. Cmon, do u really think that rubbish would have made it big if the other stuff was still good?

Dont even get me started on emo...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't say that Metal is going downhill, but metal isn't just metal anymore. As you mentioned is some part of metal growth in direction of what you're calling "newpunk" another part are playing the same song that they had being played the last 30 years and the last is being soap tv star, Ozzy.

But is it forbidden to be nostalgic? :-)

I'm mostly to the good old school (and ofcause old records)

Cheers and again happy newyear

Jens

Its just that music has been getting increasingly bad since the end of the ninteys. Not just metal, all of it. Or at least, the music on the RADIO has gotten worse. Good music(even metal) still exists, it has just gotten harder to find.

Its just that music has been getting increasingly bad since the end of the ninteys.  Not just metal, all of it.  Or at least, the music on the RADIO has gotten worse.  Good music(even metal) still exists, it has just gotten harder to find.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, and it was also one of my ideas with this forum, as I also like to know about new exciting bands on the metal front as sometimes is the old a little boring. So if you have some hints then go for it..:-)

Cheers

Jens

Hi, I can warmly recommand you both King Diamond and Mercyful Fate. These is much reminding about the old school Judas Priest. Anyway if you like these two bands you would love them, and if you dialike them you would hate them..:-)

Cheers

Jens

I like Headbangers Ball and metal but some of its just too hardcore for my tastes. I like Killswitch Engage, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Nightwish,Helmet, bands like that. I dont like the all screaming type except for Lamb of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like Headbangers Ball and metal but some of its just too hardcore for my tastes. I like Killswitch Engage, Megadeth, Fear Factory, Nightwish,Helmet, bands like that. I dont like the all screaming type except for Lamb of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try Tristania, you might like that as well. If you can't find em online, try http://blogs.allofmp3.ru/

That site is usefull for trying out/quickly finding music(even though it costs a bit of money).

If you don't feel like going that way, see if amazon has short clips(I don't like these because the quality drop is so bad that it is hard to know if you will actually like/dislike the band).

i think metal should have its own category cuz it makes my neck hurt from head banging of course :) lol metal is the best there isso it should have its own category