xisto Community
Darren1405241470

Best Search Engine? My money is on Google

Which is the best search engine?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

google has the most advanced web-crawlers and doesnt really need adds to search on their site, they get BILLIONS of hits a daY and have never crashed. aside from the normal stuff they have image search, groups search, fooble search, and news search. it is the biggest and most known search engin in the world, approx. 200 million people(probly more) have it as thier homepage , even in the poll u can see that it totally runs over its compitition.

Yes I agree very much that google is way ahead of the competition now. But Google may not stay at the top forever. Already Yahoo! and MSN are closing down on the gap, and new search technology companies are coming up with even more exciting and innovative technology. I found that out in this article:

https://www.fastcompany.com/51925/fast-talk-search-them

Extract:

Always On

Kathy Rittweger

Cofounder, blinkx

San Francisco, California

People ask, "Aren't you afraid of Google and Microsoft and Ask Jeeves? They've got all kinds of people thinking about this stuff." I say, "Yeah, but they're thinking about a lot of other things as well." This is all we ever think about. Sure, the David versus Goliath paradigm comes to mind. But remember the details of the story. The giant was slow moving, and it was defaulting to traditional weapons of battle. Being small is a tremendous advantage.

Fifty percent of people who use keyword search engines abandon their search. We want to get rid of all this Boolean query stuff. The technology ought to serve us, instead of us serving the technology. The best thing about blinkx is that it's always on. It doesn't matter if you're online or offline. It will search anything on your screen. So you can start anywhere you want -- Word, email, a Web page, a PDF -- and you can link to anywhere else. The format -- what the file is, where it is -- isn't important.

So far we've had nearly a million downloads. Last week we had a day when we served 200 million links. But I'm always asking, "What if it did this?" Wouldn't it be great to type in "Happy Birthday, Emily" and go straight to the home video where people are singing "Happy Birthday" to her? How about being able to circle a picture of someone and bring back other pictures of that person? Or whistle into a microphone and let blinkx figure out which song it is and play it? We're working to scale these features down to fit on your PC.

Blinkx launched on July 22, three months ahead of schedule. It has indexed 800 million pages of the Web.

Blinkx launched on July 22, three months ahead of schedule. It has indexed 800 million pages of the Web.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're gonna have to try a bit harder than that. I saw last time I went to google that they have now indexed 8 billion pages. In case any of you aren't any good at maths that's 10 times the pages that Blinkx have indexed. In other words google still has a much larger range to search from giving it better results. Good luck to them though, the closer they get to google the harder google will work to stay ahead (and of course we get all the benefits ^_^ ).

Not excited to see that Google was leading in this poll. Once upon the time was Yahoo and Altavista leading, but I agree 100% with all the other adds in this poll forum that Google is the fastest and often the place where you're finding what you're looking for, and when I don't find it do I use some of the others.So a big greatings to our sponsors Google..:-)CheersJens

i like msn.. google gives too much unwanted results.

There is no -best- engine. If you only rely on a few mainstream engines like Google, Altavista, etc. you will never get the full potential of the web. Use different engines for different needs. But I do use Google a lot.

I think over all as a general search engine Google wins. It is fast, loads quick without a lot of images and annoying ads. It's not the only answer though, there are a lot of good search engines out there that work well for specific needs like some of those visual search engines, but for general purposes, its all about Goooooogle.

i'm with u i think google is soo easy and fast and find what i want and i can search for any thing and support many langs and and easy to web master to use it in his site and i like it more than yahoo and google make it in its mail and ilike goooooooooooooooooooooooooogle

I think dogpile is the best search engine out there. It searches all of the popular search engines, and it gives you the most popular results from them. It searches google, yahoo, altivista, ask, and some others.