xisto Community
Darren1405241470

Best Search Engine? My money is on Google

Which is the best search engine?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if MS will try, my money is totally on google! i love the extra options too, (calculator, maps, etc.) and ofcourse GMAIL! :Pi hate MS, although i DO use windows, but thats because windows is usable enough.

Does anyone like Microsoft? Is it actually possible that some uneducated loony thinks that all there programs are really good. I too dislike MS alot but use Windows XP. It's just what I learnt to use and frankly I just can't be bothered getting and learning how to use Linux. Thats terrible I know but what the hell. I'm lazy.

Google is the current best. Given the talent and creativity google labs is attracting, they will probably stay there. Still, I wish that it was better about getting less results rather than more sometimes. Specifically, I want it to be better at differentiating between different similar things, or have some better way of culling useless results.Darren, go get a mac. Seriously. They run BSD underneath so you can learn unix/linux at your leisure but while at the same time have all of the niceties of windows + no more viruses, spyware, crashing, etc.

Well there's two points of views on the search engines.1) I need to find something.2) I need to get visitors.For "1" I always use google advance search, if you know what to search for you can find basicly EVERYTHING.For "2" however although google is still the best, getting your site on yahoo, MSN, Altavista etc. Are also of great importance, not only will they bring a few visitors too (compared to google) but they'll also increase your pagerank, and hence you'll find yourself higher on google. Getting on page 1 of google isn't luck, it's an art.

Google is the best... its really fast and gives great results. Google just recently increased its index to 8 BILLION PAGES!!!! Thats cool. And for anyone wondering about future google projects then go to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=pBslVPOQBMaH8Qfe8oG4BA&gws_rd=ssl

p.s its cool you can make art from the google highlighting thing (google art). Look at this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Google is the best... its really fast and gives great results. Google just recently increased its index to 8 BILLION PAGES!!!! Thats cool. And for anyone wondering about future google projects then go to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=pBslVPOQBMaH8Qfe8oG4BA&gws_rd=ssl

p.s its cool you can make art from the google highlighting thing (google art). Look at this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah i would have to agree. Google is the best no matter what anyone else says, it has always been the best and i would like to still think that it is the best.

PS. Just so you know you can submit your site to many search engines in your Cpanel Hosting account!

google turns out to be the best SE now...when is ur last time searching things using yahoo ?i've forgotten.. personally i dun like yahoo at all now .. due to several factors.one is too much advertising on thier page. i can see 12 advertisements per listing nowthe other reason is that usually the returned results are not wat u want .. this is due to the yahoo algo ... they consider on-page optimization, kw density and all those stuff and we can usually see webmaster overdo this just for high page ranking. this is good for webmaster but aint that good for some1 who is really looking for something

Who else but GOOGLE ?? ................. only if GOOGLE could be a bit more context specific !!

I also use Yahoo Directory quite often, sites are few and are updated loosely ; but even then, the sites listed are often among the very best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Google Itself is not good, google is one of the Best SE, but also concentrate on Yahoo, msn and others

i reckon that google is the best because a lot more people submitt the sites there than any other search engines. also they have a lot more better features than something like go mamma search engine