xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Web Browsers Which Browser type do u prefer?

Which Browser type do u prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Opera is the only browser that implements Tabbing right :P

so there.

And you probably never heard of mouse gestures =)

Once a user, always an addict

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive never used Opera..... but whats wrng with the way firefox implements tabbed browsing ?

and firefox also does the whole mouse gestures thing :P

;0 not mine, I have 1.0 preview release. An extension, maybe?

;0 not mine, I have 1.0 preview release. An extension, maybe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah.... thats one of the great things about Firefox..

its meant to be light weight and fast... all the extra functionality (java, flash, mouse gestures, adblock etc etc) are available via the extensions.

Mouse gestures are ingenius in Opera but they can be so annoying, e.g. clicking both mouse buttons means back, which is annoying if that's not what you want to do.I have been told that firefox has loads of plugin extensions but still I would prefer to use Opera.

Mouse gestures are ingenius in Opera but they can be so annoying, e.g. clicking both mouse buttons means back, which is annoying if that's not what you want to do.

I have been told that firefox has loads of plugin extensions but still I would prefer to use Opera.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so.... opera sounds like a great browser... why is nobody raving about opera ?

why is it firefox everything ?

is it just because firefox is up and comming (less than 24 hours till the 1.0 release), and opera has been around a while ?

or is it that Opera is a well kept secret.. like linux used to be ?

I went to university, and in the first week was told i needed to learn Unix...

and there was 2 ways to become comfotable in unix...

1) spend a load of time in the Unix labs

2) use linux as a home system (free).

this was the first time i heard the world "Linux"

its a 1 hour bus ride to uni, so i downloaded linux...

havent booted windows since :P (except to fix it for friends and family)

Opera is indeed one of the best browsers available. I hadnt heard of it till about a year back. I have no idea why opera is not that well known. I the main reason is because there isnt much if any advertising for it. Yet i have seen quite a few people advertising Fire Fox. Same with linux. As they are free programs the people that make them dont have mone to advertise. None of this is fact though im just guessing.

I like Opera but love FF, FF is a lot easier to use and very fast, i love the tabbing style and mouse gestures work for me perfect without extensions, the only thing that doesnt work is Java. Cant get it to.

I use both Firefox and Opera regularly. I also have Netscape 7 installed and use it every now and then. There are only few things that I would really want to be changed in Opera.1. I like to have my cookie settings so that the browser asks every time when a site wants to set a cookie. If it is a site I trust I select "always allow" and it won't ask me again. Same goes the other way around, so when I once opted not to allow google to set cookies, the browser won't bug me again.Allright both Opera and Firefox can do this, but the dialogue in Firefox is way better. Opera opens a big window where is a pulldown menu where you can select what to do cookies from the server in future. While FF opens a small and handy box with three buttons: Allow, Allow For Session and Deny. This may sound like *****ing for a minimal thing... but consider that this dialogue opens everytime I visit a new that sets cookies. And that is a lot of sites. Firefox's dialogua is so easy and fast that it barely slows down browsing. Opera's makes me want to give up my principle and start allowing all cookies.2. The searches at the top toolbar. Works like charm in both FF and Opera but it is way much easier to add new searches in Firefox. In FF I have allmusic guide, wikipedia, dictionary, etc, etc... searches and I would like to have them in Opera aswell but haven't bothered to find out how to do it.3. People have somehow gotten the idea that Opera is the browser that supports CSS the best. In reality is has a horrific bug with float. It usually doesn't show as people still do their sites with tables and those who use divs position their boxes absolutely. For an example of the float bug just check Wordpress' (a blog system) admin panel... Opera also has some problems viewing boxes over other elements correctly. This occurs when you do "display: block/display: hidden" with javascript.

Ineternet Explorer is really bug filled, it gets hit by almost every horrible webmaster on the net, it can be hijacked, broke, spun, infact its a walkign disatser. Browsers like the best one Firefox are safe, they dont get hacked much and well are really just better coded. Firefox can also be themed, and it has tabs which allows more than one page open at once. Firefox is also supported by a huge community, take my advice ditch IE and get Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=getfirefox-com&utm_medium=referral'>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=getfirefox-com&utm_medium=referral or https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral'>https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/?utm_source=firefox-com&utm_medium=referral or https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/ just choose which site and go download.

You could also try Netcaptor. I have mentioned in the other post how much I really liked it. They have the freeware and the paid versions. Netcaptor does tabbed browsing, it is fast for loading up, the ease in using bookmark and the import/export is very easy, there is no popups, or at least it lets you know there was a popup but its blocked. :P Opera is expensive, and its not all that nice as a browser, and I have to agree Mozilla browsers is much nicer.. Netscape is too slow, and too bulky for my taste :P

I hate IE because... 1) its the slowest browser ive ever used....2) im used to firefox, which blocks banners and other adds, when im forced to use IE, im blinded by adds using 20% of some web pages !!!3) Popups !4) No tabbed Browsing !5) when it crashes, it takes out every other web page your viewing too.6) it crashes7) cough cough.. SECURITY !8) can you smell the bloat ? just using it makes me feel fat.