xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
r3d1405241470

what language do u use? in creating games?

choices are:  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm currently programming and ASCII rpg game (NetHack-like) with C++. I know a bit from Java too, but havent do anything since a year or even more...Anyway, i think C++ is best for game programming. I'm thinking soon to be moving to OpenGl, maybe when i finish this game (IF i finish it, i've stuck since two days... ^_^ )

I've made a few basic console games in C, C++ and Java.Some of the games were, guess the number (NOT copied form a tutorial, my own code), X and O/Naughts and Crosses/Tic-Tac-Toe/etc.,Java being the best language as it supports strings internall, instead of having to store it in an char array then have a hell of a crap time trying to get the string back.

I've done alot of programming in both C++ and Java, but I've never tried to combine the two. It seems like a really effective model would be to use Java with heavy use of JNI (Java Native Interface) which allows you to do some routines (the fast ones) in another language. If you do the game logic in Java to make it easy, then do low level graphics routines etc. (stuff that has a high cycle count) Anybody try this before?

C# and Managed directX is the way to go man. Why, coz c# is so Object Orientation friendly. Add that with a easy to understand/learn syntax of managed directx and wham, u got yourself a nice games programming language.

ya i use alot of visual basic but im learning c++ iv programed a few games in vb but there nothing realy amiazing theres one where you click on falling sprites befor they hit the botem ot the screen and it keeps score and stuff but other than that im trying to learn how to do more 3d programing in vb i found a great 3d engin for vb 6.0 called 3dstate its great im trying to get my friend to make me some bsp maps so i can inport them it is going to be a realy doom like game but hey its a start

never got the time but i would use C++ with openGL API.

C# and Managed directX is the way to go man. Why, coz c# is so Object Orientation friendly. Add that with a easy to understand/learn syntax of managed directx and wham, u got yourself a nice games programming language.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm i never thought of that..c# for games.. but hey opengl is better than directx

what language do you prefer in creating/developing games?

i'm just starting to programm and i'm using c++  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey me too!

Except I'm not really starting.. I've used other programming languages but haven't really done anything with them.

Good luck learning c++... I'm having a bit of trouble, but no matter.