xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
r3d1405241470

what language do u use? in creating games?

choices are:  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

C++ is great, but until you learn all the graphics components and API stuff, your stuck with the dos prompt which gets annoying. Java was only better to me because I could make a textbox ratehr than a prompt, but Java is more confusing.C++ for the win.

if you want to get in to game devoloping/making/programming you will have to use c++ one time or another to make a good game.if your really determain to learn c++ its not hard i learnt when i was 13.

In the past I have always used C++ to make my games. Also, I use Directx for graphics and sound. I like C++ because because of the power and its ability to do pretty much anything you want. However, I'm thinking of using a different language (like Java maybe) for the next game I make. I want to get experience with different languages so that I'm not forced to always use C++.

A log time ago I programed a game in Pascal, just kill asteroids but it was nice, it was the first and the last game that i have done....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude, you should definitely rekindle your programming ability and learn java or C++. I use java because I love it for its organization and multi-threading capability and the cross platform ability. If you could make a game in PASCAL, learning a 3rd generation programming language will be cake and you could probably become one of the best.

I like using Flash just because of how easy it is to create dynamic content.I also like how you can nest objects inside of movie clips allowing you to make an animation inside of a movie clip then animate the movieclip allowing you to have two animations being performed at the same time with minimal work.

I have used a number of packages:

Blitzbasic 3D

Dark Basic

Orge

Delphi and GL Scene

Of these al have strengths and all have weaknesses

Blitzbasic 3D - great support, costly good level builder (Maplet) diffculty in importing models

Dark Basic - not cheap, so so support

Ogre -C language -looks goog

Delphi with GL Scene - my favourite

what language do you prefer in creating/developing games?

i'm just starting to programm and i'm using c++  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>