xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

Windows, Linux or Mac. What do you tink to this sistems

I've worked with windows from 3.1 to Vista (except for W2K en W2K3).I've tested a lot of linux distributions and last but not least, I've ran MacOS on a regular computer.The most important thing is that neither of the 3 is 100% stable. The only reason why I've experienced more windows-crashes is because I use it more often than Linux. Can't realy tell anything about MacOS because it ran on an unsupported system, but it crashed too :P .Speedwise, I'd say Windows is better (when tweaked a bit), Linux takes a long time to boot and KDE/Gnome isn't always as responsive as windows would be.Windows and MacOS are both more userfriendly than linux, linux is a real pain in the *bottom*. Personaly, I'd prefer windows, but that's because I'm used to working with it. Real MacOS users would prefer MacOS over Windows.Looks are too personal to talk about, but if I says that I'm still using the W2K theme you'll probably know enough ... sleek is more than enough for me <_< .So, my top 3 is:WindowsMacOSLinuxBut that doesn't mean I'm not willing to learn working with linux, maybe one day I'll make the switch :P

My top 3 are:MacOS X (for its look and underlying design, ease of use, and ease of maintenance)Linux (for its customizability, optimization and opensource)Windows (for its wide range of software and drivers)xboxrulz

Especially now with the Intel-based machines:Mac. Why?I used Linux for a couple years until Mac OS 10.1 came out (and OS 10.2 was nearly out). Although I have to admit, that I like Windows 2000 Pro as well. It was a good stable OS. But Apple had all the features of Linux, as in the ablity to run most FOSS apps and function as a Unix development enviroment AND had commercial software like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and MS Office. It was like having cake and eating too!Now with the intel machines, one can dual boot so if you really need windows, you can do so.

My top 3 are:MacOS X (for its look and underlying design, ease of use, and ease of maintenance)
Linux (for its customizability, optimization and opensource)
Windows (for its wide range of software and drivers)

xboxrulz

I agree, I've always used Macs, we used to have an old LC 630 with OS7, (Which, incidentally also ran Windows 3.1). I currently Have 2 windows computers, one of which, I also have a Linux Hard Drive for. The only real reason I use Windows, like most other people, is because of the software available for it, I don't like Windows overall though, it's not very reliable, and crashes alot. If a Mac crashes/freezes, its usally a freak incident, and it wont crash for another year or so. If Windows crashes, it crashes over and over again for about a week usually. Linux/Mac are also much more customizable, and i like to customize my computer.

Sure, people prefer Macintosh or Linux. There are different people out there with different needs, and each has very attractive features to accomodate those.

However, people who assume Windows users aren't using it out of choice but mere ignorance are morons. Stop thinking so childish and acknowledge the good features of ""the enemy"" (even though only a fanboy would consider a rival OS an enemy). Competition is good.

Lol... of course Windows is more popular. And the main reason people use it is because they're used to it. Nothing else. Not because it's easier or more user friendly or faster or whatever.. =/

Don't hate the product you're not using. It affects your judgment and makes you say stupid things like that.