xisto Community
andipa

Ragnarok Online

i don't think there is much of a plot or storyline but the gameplay is excellent and the graphics are alright apart from the sprite characters ^^The classes/jobs are detailed and the concept of each one is unique, such as the merchant, with its discount skills and 'money attack' skill

The thing about the free private servers is you need the Korean client to play them any the web-admin's have blocked off all North American connections to their servers(i guess because of the insane boom of private Ragnarok servers).So what you have to do is the followingThis is directly Copied of some website(i don't remember which one i just had a txt saved)You can get the required files from three options.Note that 0329 is the best file you can get and, for those who didn't know, 0329 stands for installation program updated on 03/29/05. This number, 0329, is found followed by the installation program (RAG_SETUP0329.exe and SAK_SETUP0329.exe).If you don't want to get 0329, you can choose to install ragnarok by using 0315 (03/15/05) ; 1228 (12/28/04) ; 1207 (12/07/04) ; 1117 (11/17/04) ; 1021 (10/21/04). Versions different than those mentioned are too old to be used. Note that the safest files to update (meaning no errors will be met during the update process) are 0315 and 0329.BOTH rag_setup and sak_setup are required. I'll refer to them as "Ragnarok Client" and "Sakray Client" respectively.Note that all private and non-official servers use kRO Clients (korean official server of ragnarok online) as a "base" to run their servers. This includes XaosRO as well. This way, you must AVOID using other clients (different than kRO) to run XaosRO. That includes clients from other official servers (as iRO or bRO). Oother clients CAN run, but it's totally not advised, since you'll probably get errors eventually. DON'T post problems if you are not using kRO Clients.1- Downloading Required Base Filesa- Proxy Setup Method. Most advisable and fastest#Briefing#kRO website has the latest files (0329) for download. However, downloads of the clients are forbidden by non korean ips.Well, you can go through it, by using a Korean Proxy.Using a proxy, your computer will use the IP and Port of the proxy server to connect to the kRO server; and as the proxy server is actually from Korea, you'll be able to download from kRO website. And the Korean Proxy can be put on any good Download Manager or, if you have a Router, you can set the proxy in your internet browser (e.g.: Internet Explorer, Firefox ...).#--#Go to Stay Invisible.com and find proxies from South Korea. If you have a router, it's best to use proxies that use 80 or 8080 as Port. If you don't have a router, you can only use proxies that use 3128 as Port.Note: your download speed will depend on the proxy server. So, if your download is too slow, try switching the proxy ip and port to anotherI- Router Proxy Setup. This method is unlikely to work for non-router users.#Note#My Internet Explorer and Firefox are in portuguese, so I might not have the best translations. You can use other browsers, as long as you know how to set the proxy.#--#i- Internet ExplorerGo to Tools -> OptionsGo to Connections Tab -> LAN ConfigCheck the box "Use a Server Proxy to a local network"Address: . Port: Uncheck the box "Don't use proxy for local addresses"Press OK -> OKii- FirefoxGo to Tools -> OptionsGo to General Tab -> Proxy...Check the button "Use proxy servers"Http: . Port: Leave other boxes as they are (blank or "localhost, 127.0.0.1")Press OK -> OKII- Download Manager Setup. This method works for router users too.#Note#Any Download Managers (like GetRight, FlashGet,...) have an option to set Proxies. I'll use FlashGet as an example.i- FlashGetGo to Tools -> OptionsGo to Proxy Tab -> AddCheck the button "Http "Server: . Port: Title: kRO proxy (This could be anything you want)Press OKCheck the boxes Http Default, Ftp Default, Multi-Proxy Default and Use default proxy in all jobsPress OKIII - Links for kRO Website Installation ProgramsAfter setting up the proxy, you can finally get the files from kRO WebsiteRAG_SETUP0329SAK_SETUP0329#Note#Make sure you have more than 3 GB (three gigabytes) left on your hard disk drive. Otherwise, it's most likely that either your downloads will be interrupted or your downloads will be corrupted#--#b- Torrent Files Method. Good for dial-up users, as it is slow.#Note#Torrent Files gets the Installation Programs in the same way as shared files works. So, as most people are dial-up users, it's slow#--#Download BitTornado, which is a free Torrent program, that opens .torrent filesI- Links for kRO Torrent Installation Programs#Note#Save the links to your hard disk drive. Otherwise, you'll get a error message "File not Found"#--#RAG_SETUP0329 SAK_SETUP0329c- Mirror Sites Method (most times, you'll find outdated versions of kRO)#Briefing#You can get the installation programs directly by sites other than the kRO Website.#--#RAG_SETUP search in filemirrors.comSAK_SETUP search in filemirrors.com#Note#DON'T get 0127 , 0615, 0621 or zipped files#--#

That is a bit dated and if your gonna copy do copy the links aswell.

Well ne ways I played iRO aswell as these private servers you speak of. Actually I hosted one myself a bit less than a year ago. Its good stuff Ragnarok Online is a solid game. I enjoyed it. Well ne ways I happen to be in the moderating staff of the Ragnarok@Ogaming Forums and you really should check it out if you are an interested.

We shed a blind eye to private server talks. In all actuality there is a Private Server Section of the forums divided into Low Rate, Medium Rate, High Rate & GM Server sections and ech restricted to server info posts only so there are dozens of server avalable if you bother to look. There is aServer Review section comment on the most popular servers aswell as General Help to help you with any questions or problems as a subdividion of Ragnarok Online Chat among toher things.

Well I've played on acRO and they had their guildwars every saturday afternoon and night and they also had some cool events. They were about to inplant the update where you could become high wizard etc.and the droprates were good aswell. Anyway it's a nice game to play.Too bad it's becomes a bit boring when you just have to chop everything just to lvl up or slay constantly the same monster just to get the item you are lookin for the whole time :D:D .There are tons of free servers to play on, some laggy some not. But it's defenitly a funny game to play and a good advice for people that like MMORPG's which can be played fee free :D

Hey have any of you Ragnarok players heard that they are gonna do something special for level 99 characters they are gonna let them change classes or something isn't that amazing you aparently go back to a newbie class but the rewards are suppost to be really super. Its about time they let you do this if you have a level 99 character it just make the game far more interesting. :D

come to MesaRO its a 100% legal server the rates are 60x with custom classes some still in the making a this is the most unique server you'll ever come on. just click on the link and just download the mesaro files.

http://www.mesaro.com/

see you there!!! tell them MaXimO sent ya.

Posted Image

man i own, i have my own server! i play other servers and i am lvl 250 in ALL!! in my server i have all the skills, my job is always swordsman, then a knight. dunno why.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ha! i have my own server 2! im lvl 255 (5 lvls higher than u) AND ur supposed to say lord knight not knight, ALL my stats r lvl 255!

I think that Ragnarog Online very interesting. But i can't play it, bacause i have a slow connection with a download limit. So i can't download the software. But i really want to try it, bacuse i am a big fan of RPG games.

Yes, I have played Ragnarok. It was released about a year back in India.They Ragnarok people have affiliated themselves with a chain of Internet Cafes, and I use one of them.It was a year back when I started playing but I diverted from it. A couple of days back, I started again. I play at inRO (India Ragnarok Online), usually on the Chaos server.

Ragnarok Online⢠is an Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. MMORPG for short. It's a game popular with the general public since 2004. And has brought about variations of the game. Ranging from English, Japanese, Korean, and various other languages. Ragnarok Online⢠is based off Norse Mythology. The Game was created by Gravity Corp.⢠a company in korea. Thier official company website can be reached at http://www.gravity.co.kr/ . Gravity⢠have created popular games such as ROSE Online⢠and various other games. Gravity has been bought over by a number of companies during it's lifeline due to it's loss in money and bankrupcy.

ragnarok online emulator eAthena;
An emulator is a program or of some sorts that can reproduce the same functionality of the original software. For example, when we download a GameBoy⢠Emulator, it will give you the same functionality as the original Hand held console. eAthena is made of C. A coding language. The program has no direct influence to the original software Gravity⢠used, which is Aegisâ˘. Aegisâ˘, is the original server software gravity used to power their servers that brings you IRO, MRO and various other official Ragnarok Online Servers.
other ragnarok online emulator - Freya, Prometheus, Vidar, Weiss, YARE, OmniAthena, eWiess, AdvancedAthena and Fusion
google it to find it..
my source eathena http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I play RO, yeah...Quite frequently...Private servers <.< (Shhh)I just finished making a rogue last night, actually <.<;;;It took me a while but still...It's a great gameI've made many, many characters...