xisto Community
UberVamp44

The Big Bang Theory

Well in the Brief History of Time Stephen Hawking says that if in the future we do learn to time travel, then we should be visited right now by people from the future, but since that is not happenin time travel atleast into the past would not be possiblethe string theory, in short, states that after atoms-protons-quarks come 2 uni-dimensional strings that vibrate with different frequencies to produce different sorts of matter. according to it there may be as many as 7 more dimensions apart from out known 4 of space and time.

Here are some of the meanings of "theory" taken from dictionary.com7 entries found for theory.the·o·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, thîr)n. pl. the·o·ries A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena. The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory. A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics. Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory. A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime. An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture. Therefore, we can conclude that the Big Bang is only an explanation which can be provided because we have no solid "facts". Also, tomorrow I will be posting a startling post on this thread which will make you believe the "Big Bang Theory" Believe me, you will certainly believe it. Please be patient. :P

Also, tomorrow I will be posting a startling post on this thread which will make you believe the "Big Bang Theory" Believe me, you will certainly believe it. Please be patient.      :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's been more than 48hours since that post and i still do not see anything that would make me believe the big bang theory, where's your clinching evidence?

What I really have pondered about is.. while the previous universe collappsed in on itself because of gravity/ being squished by some other force, it must have had to exist in some space...!! okay so this space must have been large enough to contain the entire mass of the universe and increadibly strong to be able to support all the mass of the universe - whether in its present expanded state or as tiny as a pinhead. What do we call the containing space that holds onto the universe - especially when it was a little peanut, where was it contained. To give you a picture of what I mean - imagine you have a sheet of news paper (the universe) and you begin to crumple it making it into a ball. This ball you now put into a jar (the universe as we know it - the newspaper, is now contained in a jar). You take a stick and mash in the news paper till it's a little mass at the bottom of the jar (the universe is still held in the jar). Even if you manage to make the mass of paper as tiny as a pebble (it's still contained in the jar). After a while of leaving the jar by itself with the lid on, the newspaper willl un-crumple and expand (the big bang) and fill out the jar again. Yet, its filling out the jar right???!! So my big questions about the big bang and the universe is- What contains the Universe?? Some serious thinking and loads of browsing have not answered this question..

kaputnik raises a wonderful question and this is what cosmology eventually seeks to unravel...questions like wat was before the Big Bangfrom wat i have read here and there so far, the universe IS the space and space IS the universe itself. To use rashid's own example, the crumpled piece of paper when put in the jar does not resemble our current model of the universe, if the paper is the universe then it HAS to fill the jar as there is not space outside the universe......of course we may be wrong about this but there are certain things we have to asuume before we set off on our cosmological theories.mayb one day we find that this is only one in a series of infinite universe, that our universe itself is as small in the whole picture as a proton is in this universe. theories abound and right now we can only speculate.

Of course the crazy thing is, that before the Big Bang, there was nothing. Because there was no time. At the moment of the Big Bang time started. There is no 'before the big bang'. There was absolutely nothing. Not even time, so 'before the big bang' itself doesn't even exist. What really happened is something we can't understand. It isn't right when we use our common sense. So, our common sense is wrong. When we understand what happened that caused the Big Bang, we understand how life started. That would be nice, wouldn't it? And because the universe once started, it is infinite. Just as time.