xisto Community
UberVamp44

The Big Bang Theory

no1 will ever be able to expalin it all it takes evolutin that is why it took so many years for the automobile to come into place, the computer to be invented electricity, and the lot no point ppl jumping the gun because you can only know about something once you understand it,, the everything man made can be explained as it was created by man but the rest that isnt man made will take a long time before one can truly understand it look at stars they are formed of chemicals but no man can create such a thing the universe and all it contains are far too complex for the current brain type but who knows in a few hundred years we may be able to come back to this topic and laugh on how stupid humans really were

Here is an Interesting thing to ponder.....

Okay.. Mass and Energy are the same thing.... (Fact)

By far, they are very diffrent as a matter of fact. They are two diffrent expressions of the same thing and can convert from one into the other, but stating that they are the same thing, is a terrible blunder. =)

When Energy Converts to Mass..  an equal quantity of Mass and Anti-Mass are created...

in other words you CANNOT make a Proton, without also making an anti-Proton.

at any one time, in the universe there is equal amounts of Matter, and Anti-Matter...

Earth, this solar system, this galaxy.. as far as we know. is all made out of Matter.... so where is all the Anti Matter ?!

Hold on here, I don't know too much about matter-anti matter, but if you just said that by converting energy into matter, you create both, then the anti-matter is right there, not in another galaxy as you state here :

logically, there must be an entire galaxy somewhere else out there that is similar to ours, but constructed entirely out of anti matter !

Advice.... NEVER EVER shake hands with anyone who is made up of anti matter :) !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, is it so that a specific "element" of anti-matter reacts with Any matter or It's specific matter that was created with it?

Think about the following..

IF time was infinite, and went on forever with no beginning and no end, then the time between today and the earlyest possible time would be infinite....

and the definititonn if infinite.... today would never happen.

That's where you have the maths all wrong, qwijibow. There is a thing called limits. And in case you didn't know, there are an infinite amount of numbers inbetween 0 and 1, (and 0.1 and 0.2 and 0.0000000000 and 0.0000000001 as for that matter..), but still, it's not impossible to reach the next digit. It's not because there is an infinite amount of things inbetween A and B, that it's impossible to ever reach B from A. :)

but as you see, today did happen, then reason surgests, that time is not infinite... it was created.

Infinism of time and the fact that it was "created" aren't really related at all. In this galaxy/dimention/whatever almost everything is infinite in size and dimentions. Time was just the result of the spawning of dimentions (length 1st, width 2nd, height 3rd, duration 4th, ..). They're used to point to a specific occurance, like, "that man is There". "There" being a point in space, and "is" being a point in time. Before the big bang, time was not, so there's no going back. Just like there is no going more north of the north pole. Infinism has little relation with any of this.

no1 will ever be able to expalin it all

I wouldn't be too sure. :P

Sorry for the long post, btw, only just got here, couldn't resist the urge to comment a bit on it all.

i agree with lhunath. limits:let's say i'm running straight to a wall, at about 15miles/h or 25km/hfirst, i get halfway. then i get halfway of that halfetc...if you wouldn't use limits, this would tell you that i would never reach the wallif i start at 8 meters, i'll go to 4 meters, then 2 meters, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8,..., 1/1024,... but i'd never really reach the wall. too bad for my head, the limit is 0

I'm new here but i don't think that is important? i've read some nice books about black holes and the like. I'd suggest to read "Hawking for beginners" if you're interested in big bang and black holes..In the book it is suggested that the universe originated from a (superhuge) black hole ( a collapsed star with such a density, "nothing" can escape its gravity... A spoonfull of this matter would weigh thousands of metric tons ).Something made this black hole explode. The universe behaves a bit like a gas does. It tries to take all space availabe. As the space is unlimited, the universe keeps growing and growing. But as black holes have the ability to suck up entire stars because of their gravity, they can hold stars together and pull them closer even.As the black hole's mass increases, so does its gravity.Hence the growing of the universe could(?.. there are other possibilities) be reversed into a big crunch.

Hey, welcome to the boards! Finally, someone new that has an intelligent post to start with :)

Going with the Big Bang theory, one has to wonder what happened before the big explosion. There's always cause and effect. What caused it to just blow up? How did a big black hole originate?

Two questions. The first is more of a riddle.

1. If a zip file's contents was the hard drive (we're looking at a hall of mirrors situation), what space is the zip file occupying if it's contents is the hard drive... (so if all the matter at the beginning of time was "inside" the black hole, what space did the black hole occupy?)

2. Sticking with the zip file analogy, who unzipped the file? :)

There's always cause and effect. What caused it to just blow up? How did a big black hole originate?

-How dit it blow up? nobody knows. Blowing something up that dense needs an enormous amount of energy... Maybe it tried to suck a star that was simply too huge. People think all matter comes from that thing exploding.. So let's say that the black hole tried to suck up the huge star and succeeded in it. But because the black hole had "eaten" such a big thing, "it got sick" and exploded. It's like eating until you got to puke maybe.

-How did a big black hole originate?
Imagine lots of tiny black holes halting and reversing the universe's expansion,
the universe would grow smaller and the black holes bigger.. The distance between black holes grows smaller. Black holes will meet and form a big black hole. Eventually you would have all the universe's mass compressed in a relatively small sphere.

Going with the Big Bang theory, one has to wonder what happened before the big explosion. There's always cause and effect. What caused it to just blow up? How did a big black hole originate?

Cause and effect, before, origination, those are terms that started after the big bang, you can't talk with those terms trying to explain something before the beginning of time, since there is simply no before. (North of the north pole.. can't go more north, can you?)

Two questions. The first is more of a riddle.

1. If a zip file's contents was the hard drive (we're looking at a hall of mirrors situation), what space is the zip file occupying if it's contents is the hard drive... (so if all the matter  at the beginning of time was "inside" the black hole, what space did the black hole occupy?)

Bad analogy if you ask me. For one, a zip file can't contain the hard disk's content, for the hard disk's content would be what's inside the zip + the zip compresion data. Secondly, "What space is it occupying", this is where you made a bad analogy. "Space" has no limits, it's endless by definition. There is no spot where if you keep going forward you'll hit the edge of Space and break your nose by bumping into it. "what space did the black hole occupy?" Matter is merely something that fills the Space up, it's not because there is no matter at a spot, that there is no space. Everything was inside a black hole, and that black hole was inside of some Space. No need to make it harder than it is.

2. Sticking with the zip file analogy, who unzipped the file?  :)

Now that is a good question. We can only guess. We know that in the beginning of time, there was only energy. So if we assume that all matter was compacted in a black hole at the start, it might have collapsed under the huge gravity, came so close together that for some reason it all got converted into energy. (Must be a quarks thing, I don't know enough about Quantum Physics). And energy, as we all know, has no gravity in it's radial form. Therefore, it didn't keep everything together anymore, and tried to fill up all space, just like a gas would do in a vacuum. Later on, energy turned into matter, some matter was too close and became a black hole, and eventually, maybe, all those black holes will turn into one again and explode again.

We know that in the beginning of time, there was only energy. So if we assume that all matter was compacted in a black hole at the start, it might have collapsed under the huge gravity, came so close together that for some reason it all got converted into energy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhm.. Converting energy into mass is uhm still impossible, but the reverse is. Nuclear fusion is possible. Just take two alpha particles and mash them together =)

U'll lose a tiny bit of mass and gain lots of energy. E=mc² with E being energy; m being lost mass and c = light speed.

But for nuclear fusion, u need an enormous velocity, and as we all know, solid matter's particles don't move...

Don't say impossible, when we just haven't found a way to do it yet. It's very possible, and it happens nonstop in the Sun.

Don't say impossible, when we just haven't found a way to do it yet. It's very possible, and it happens nonstop in the Sun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I strongly disagree with you Lhunath... If stars would be able to turn energy into mass and vice versa, they will never run out of fuel... They would never collapse.

Both with nuclear fusion and fission, you gain huge amounts of energy (and no mass.)

Lol... forgotten the laws of nature?A star radiates energy in the form of waves. Visible light, but also many other frequencies. When those energies leave the star, it looses fuel. And it can't live forever when it's leaking energy like this.

Ok, my zip analogy was meant to be more abstract than I presented it. If the universe started with a big bang, does that mean all the space around it was physically void of any matter, or was space itself so warped that it was scrunched into the black hole... so I mean when they say the universe is expanding, do they just mean that the mass is being spread thinner and thinner across the space, or is "space" as we know it (a big infinite box) actually increasing in size. The idea of an infinite box of space just seems an impossibilty to me... I mean it might be bigger than anyone could ever hope to imagine, but there Must be some sort of limit on the shape of space itself...

About the sun... suns collapse because the hydrogen inside the sun is being turned into helium, which is heavier than hydrogen.

A scientific explination can be found here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

A medium mass star, like our sun, becomes a red giant when its hydrogen supply begins to run out. The zone of hydrogen-burning migrates outward, leaving helium in its core. It first begins to use fuel at an accelerated rate. With no fusion occurring in the core, it doesn't have enough pressure to support itself.  The core then becomes unstable and contracts. The outer shell expands, cools and becomes red.
As the core contracts, gravity causes it to heat up. At 100 million degrees K., the helium fuses into carbon.
It takes about 100 million years for a main sequence star to become a red giant.
Planetary Nebula

Eventually the envelope on the red giant swells, while its core continues to contract.  The core reaches its maximum compression (~ 1 teaspoon=1 ton). The envelope becomes unstable and is ejected into space forming a planetary nebula.

http://outreachoffice.stsci.edu/

The center is a small well-defined mass of carbon ash. The outer ring is roughly the size of our solar system.

The core eventually collapses and the neutrons are brought into contact with each other. They produce enormous pressures that oppose the force of gravity. The result is a tremendous explosion. All of the overlying layers, including the newly formed elements, are blasted into space.

^Well that would suck (haha, pun)

But can't you bend things without actually ripping them? and even if you do manage to figure out how to rip something, can't it be possible to close (or patch) back up? Man! would I love to go back to the turn of the 20th century! I love that era. Silent movies... gentlemen and ladies... ahh, the good old days...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Big Bang Theory is the dominant scientific theory about the origin of the universe. According to the big bang, the universe was created sometime between 10 billion and 20 billion years ago from a cosmic explosion that hurled matter and in all directions.

In 1927, the Belgian priest Georges LemaĂŽtre was the first to propose that the universe began with the explosion of a primeval atom. His proposal came after observing the red shift in distant nebulas by astronomers to a model of the universe based on relativity. Years later, Edwin Hubble found experimental evidence to help justify LemaĂŽtre's theory. He found that distant galaxies in every direction are going away from us with speeds proportional to their distance.

The big bang was initially suggested because it explains why distant galaxies are traveling away from us at great speeds. The theory also predicts the existence of cosmic background radiation (the glow left over from the explosion itself). The Big Bang Theory received its strongest confirmation when this radiation was discovered in 1964 by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson, who later won the Nobel Prize for this discovery.

Although the Big Bang Theory is widely accepted, it probably will never be proved; consequentially, leaving a number of tough, unanswered questions.

^Well that would suck (haha, pun)

But can't you bend things without actually ripping them? and even if you do manage to figure out how to rip something, can't it be possible to close (or patch) back up? Man! would I love to go back to the turn of the 20th century! I love that era. Silent movies... gentlemen and ladies... ahh, the good old days...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>