xisto Community
UberVamp44

The Big Bang Theory

but the Bible says All who call on the name of the Lord WILL be saved. For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift o God is eternal life through Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What if the Bible is just another good book? Jesus' last words on the cross, ‘My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?’ hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.

cheers

hashbang

Look he is talking about the ONE TRUE GOD, the God that CREATED the universe, unlike some false theorey that says it was created by an explosion resulting from an extremely small volume. The universe wasn't created by CHANCE, it was PLANNED from the begining. God is the one TRUE God because it says so in the Bible. And the Bible IS correct. We believe that it is true because there is no proof of anything that recorded Creation (besides the Bible). The Bible is true, even though some do not want to believe it.

Please do not be like that, like so many others, that want to be in control of themself, and dont want anyone else in charge of them. When you die, your soul is judged on what you have done for Jesus. nothing material in this world will matter at all. But everything you do for Him will. If you accept Christ as your Savior and want to follow Him you will go to Heaven, but if you dont you will go to Hell. Heaven is eternal life, Hell is eternal suffering. There is no Purgitory. Heaven or Hell...its your life...your choice...but the Bible says All who call on the name of the Lord WILL be saved. For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift o God is eternal life through Christ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your words strike me as coming from a person having some real emotional stuff going on inside, as i noticed that you have posted this sort of forcefull and absolute opinion a couple of places on this board, and just after joining. Are you facing some sort of spiritual crisis?

Emotional??You believe what you believe in while I believe what I believe in so let's not intrude each other's worlds.You can't stop people from believing what he believes :) Ah well, you must have attend church every often but please, don't take offense for what we have said.

Forcefull it must be, but true it is. You cannot deny it. The Bible isnt just another book. How can you deny what is right in front of you?? I challenge you to read the Bible and see for yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have. It is very a very interesting book on many merits, literary and historical. You may base your beliefs on it if you wish, but I must inform you that it is rather easy to notice flaws, problems, holes, and outright innaccuracies if you bother to look.

But this isn't the place for this, use the religion and philosophy section to post.

If you do, please be willing to use logic and not emotional rants. They don't do your cause any justice.

Hey, believe it or not, I have no religion but I did went to Sunday classes with my tutor who went to Perth and to a temple with my parents.

And yes, I have read the Bible and I do respect it even though I'm no Christian but I just don't understand some words that don't even appear in the Oxford dictionary.

So conclusion? I respect all religions but sad to say, I don't believe in them.

Anyways, going back on subject. I think the main concept of the big-bang theory is that the universe came from a central location. Prior to this, scientists believed that the universe and space was uniform and existed everywhere. However with the discovery by Hubble of expansion of the universe, it was extrapolated that if the universe has been expanding, then galaxies and matter must have come from a central location some time before, and also maybe even space and time may have come from this central location also, forming the big bang theory. Hopefully scientists will learn more about this theory and we can develop it further. Anyways, thats my $0.02 on the big bang theory.

This sounds like a question for my old chemistry teacher...gosh, that guy knew everything there was to know about science.Anyway, scientists apparently debate if the universe will eventually collapse again. Supposing that the big bang created the universe as we now know it, then all the matter had to come from one centralized location. Wouldn't it also make sense, then, that gravity would pull all the matter back into a centralized location eventually? Scientists speculate that the universe is still expanding, but most now believe it will collapse.Some might argue against gravity being able to cause the collapse of the universe. After all, the sun exerts gravitational force on Earth, and yet the Earth does not move closer to the sun. The centripetal (or centrifugal, I never knew the difference between the two) force of the Earth as it rotates around the sun counterbalances the effects of gravity. Thus, some argue that the universe cannot collapse as long as celestial bodies maintain a rotational motion as they currently do.However, another fundamental truth of the universe is that perpetual motion is not possible. You know how you learned in school that "space is a vacuum"? This is technically not true; some matter still exists in space. Apparently, NASA reported that the temperature in outer space is somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 Kelvins. The fact that the temperature is above absolute zero shows that some matter exists in outer space.Since this is true, any body travelling through space will have an ever-so-slight amount of friction with this matter. In theory, without any forces of propulsion, revolving bodies will eventually slow down, thereby lowering their centripetal [centrifugal] force. This force will no longer be enough to counteract the effects of gravity, and hence the universe will collapse.On the note of religion interfering with the Big Bang Theory, I don't believe it has to be so. Suppose you believe that God created the universe. Why couldn't he have done it through the Big Bang? Essentially, I see that it is entirely possible that God created the Big Bang, which then created the universe. Essentially these two beliefs do not have to be contradictory.

Yes, scientists are debating whether the universe is open or closed. If the universe is open, it will continue to expand. If the universe is closed, it will eventually collapse on itself. This is similar to the idea of an escape velocity for earth. If you fire a cannonball from earth with enough speed, it will have enough energy to escape earth's gravity and gravity will not be strong enough to pull it back to earth. However if it doesn't have enough speed, it will slow down and get pulled back to earth. Its the same situation with the universe except it involves galaxies.Also, it is possible for galaxies to move continuously. All space has energy, but it may not have mass. Also, momentum is conserved so if matter is slowed by something, it will accelerate that matter until it moves the same speed.Its pretty interesting to see when scientists get a better picture of the universe and the big bang theory.

Why I actually believe that the Big Bang theory is correct because a echo-like signal was detected from space by radio telescopes and this echo could have been the energy which spread out into space after the Big Bang.If the universe containes only the matter that we know about, it would have expanded too quickly after the Big Bang for galaxies to form.This means if the theory is true, we only know a small fraction of all the matters in the universe.

Yes, scientists are debating whether the universe is open or closed.  If the universe is open, it will continue to expand.  If the universe is closed, it will eventually collapse on itself.  This is similar to the idea of an escape velocity for earth.  If you fire a cannonball from earth with enough speed, it will have enough energy to escape earth's gravity and gravity will not be strong enough to pull it back to earth.  However if it doesn't have enough speed, it will slow down and get pulled back to earth.  Its the same situation with the universe except it involves galaxies.

Also, it is possible for galaxies to move continuously.  All space has energy, but it may not have mass.  Also, momentum is conserved so if matter is slowed by something, it will accelerate that matter until it moves the same speed.

Its pretty interesting to see when scientists get a better picture of the universe and the big bang theory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This open-closed universe idea has been explored quite well and the universe does, it apears, seem to be accelerating away from itself. This leads to the natural question about the huge amount of energy that was expelled if the big bang happened and where has some of it gone? we can calculate the original energy of all matter with E=mc^2 however this doesn't come close to the amount required. the value calculated is something like .001% of the total energy required for current acceleration trends in the universe. This then leads to dark matter and other psudo-theory physics which is all very interesting bu just speculative.

Another interesting idea is the quantum theorys that is being associated with energy that was being released from the big bang regarding trans-universal superposition. all a bit wierd and wonderful if you ask me however.

At the moment, there are three main theories about the future of the existence of the universe.The Slowing Down Theory...states that the universe could go on expanding continusously and everything would gradually fade away and eventually the whole universe will become just a mist of cold particiles.If more matters exists than is known about, gravity will slow down the expansion of the universe and pull everything back until galaxies crush and will look like the Cartwhell Galaxy.This universe might work like a heart, expands, shrinks, again and again, etc.

At the moment, there are three main theories about the future of the existence of the universe.

The Slowing Down Theory...states that the universe could go on expanding continusously and everything would gradually fade away and eventually the whole universe will become just a mist of cold particiles.

If more matters exists than is known about, gravity will slow down the expansion of the universe and pull everything back until galaxies crush and will look like the Cartwhell Galaxy.

This universe might work like a heart, expands, shrinks, again and again, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting ideas. If the universe is open, it may eventually reach a heat death where everything does become cold and static.

It would be pretty interesting if the universe was closed, so that it would collapse and expand in cycles and get born anew everytime.

It would be pretty interesting if the universe was closed, so that it would collapse and expand in cycles and get born anew everytime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If space is closed, what is on the outside? Another dimension? Does space time curve? Where is the end? Can you fold the fabric of space-time? If you can fold space-time where are the shortcuts? Is quantum physics how space can be explained?

No answers here, just questions :)

Anyone who can answer this, the test is Monday

:P

Nils

Who knows...scientists think they only know 10% of the universe and I doubt that since the universe is just too...big.

For Christians, you all might say God knows since he created it but well, the universe is bigger than you ever imagine and no one can actually travel across it if it's ever expanding.Image hijacking a Starfleet vessel and transwarping it.Even if you go into some sort of sleeper ship, I think the ship will break down first...LoL.I watch too much science fiction but there are no answers for your questions :)

Earth will be a dead floating planet even (if) before the Big Crunch starts.At this rate of pollution, enviromental groups are only slowng down the inevitable...