xisto Community

If you don't want to photoshop you could always use the 'less expensive' JASC Paint Shop Pro, which is probably easier to use and has a nicer interface to deal with (in my opinion). Photoshop if of course the most obvious option and you should try and learn how to use it.

I'd like most elso suggest PHOTOSHOP CS and COREL DRAW. Both of these rocks. Personally I'm a gr8 fan of PAINTSHOP PRO, PHOTOSHOP CS and COREL DRAW............. and oh! I forgot to mention, if you want your job done fast really fast then you should be using something like XARA. I don't know the exact name, but it proved to be a gr8 software from XARA though surely not meant for professionals.Bye,Bigyan

lol, you wouldn't believe how many times I've seen this kind of topic on forums such as this one. Well, generally, I use a mix of Photoshop and Cinema 4D. Recently i've been really into abstract art with cinema ^_^

Paint Shop Pro 9.0 It is much much cheaper then PS and has now a Realstic Art Tools such as Oil painting and mixers and stuff , whcih are not that good in PS and now Jasc software has been aquired by Corel , the people behind Corel Draw , so I think the next major features of PSP , like 10 or something are going to be Earth Shattering .

If you have the money for Photoshop 7.0, get it it works very nice and has many features as well as many add-ons that people have invented to intergrade with the software. ImageReady is okay when used with Photoshop, ImageReady is better for making animations(mostly simple text animations) after using Photoshop to make a sophisicated background. FlashMX is very good for animation if you can learn how to use it to its best potiental(which I honestly havent mastered yet). PS and ImageReady both have a great deal of tutorials out there, http://www.good-tutorials.com/ is a great site to find out how to use Photshop, and has a variety of filters used to help you understand what each feature does.

I can't install Photoshop on my win95 machine, so I have to use GIMP as a alternative. It turns out to be a great open-source (free!) subtitute for photoshop.

For those of you who don't know about GIMP and want a free image editor, GIMP stands for 'The GNU Image Manipulation Program'. Download it free here:

http://www.gimp.org/http://www.gimp.org/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are the advantages of using GIMP? (besides it being free?) Just out of curiousity...I personally use Cinema 4D and Photoshop...but i've heard of many users that choose GIMP instead...