xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
asimrsiddiqui

Choosing Best Free Hosting Free Hosting

Hi, I think that whenever anyone create any new site and want to publish over internet he must have the following features in order to choose free webhost. Free Space [as much he needs] Bandwidth [according to you think how much visitors u expect] Uploading should be FTP/Browser both Subdomain like /you Must Support at least one either Php or Asp No popup or banner should be good enough.

Hi,

I think that whenever anyone create any new site and want to publish over internet  he must have the following features in order to choose free webhost.

Free Space [as much he needs]

Bandwidth  [according to you think how much visitors u expect]

Uploading should be FTP/Browser both

Subdomain like /you

Must Support at least one either Php or Asp

No popup or banner should be good enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would LOVE to find a webserver that supports RSYNC aswel as FTP.

infact, im surprised RSYNC isnt used at all !

DESCRIPTION

rsync is a program that behaves in much the same way that rcp does, but

has many more options and uses  the  rsync  remote-update  protocol  to

greatly  speed  up  file  transfers  when  the destination file already

exists.

The rsync remote-update protocol allows rsync to transfer just the dif-

ferences between two sets of files across the network connection, using

an efficient  checksum-search  algorithm  described  in  the  technical

report that accompanies this package.

Some of the additional features of rsync are:

o      support  for  copying links, devices, owners, groups and permis-

sions

o      exclude and exclude-from options similar to GNU tar

o      a CVS exclude mode for ignoring the same files  that  CVS  would

ignore

o      can use any transparent remote shell, including ssh or rsh

o      does not require root privileges

o      pipelining of file transfers to minimize latency costs

o      support  for anonymous or authenticated rsync servers (ideal for

mirroring)

okay... there IS a drawback ! RSYNC does use more processor power on the server tha FTP, but for the customers, its a life saver..

basically... lets say you have your website, there is one uploaded to your webserver, and one on your local machine that you work on / update.

after working on your site, withthe current method, you have to find all the files you added or made changes to, and upload them individually..

but with rsync, you just set it running on your website directory, it automatically work oout what needs to be uploaded, and what doesnt.

for big webpages / projects its PRICELESS ! :)

I like the sites that have ssi capabilities and that have like 100 mb of space. (A free host like that) But it's hard to find lol. Ones that give out automatic access like with out applying for it are convienient though. Has anyone tried 1asphost? Has anyone actually got webspace from here?

i used to have hosting at 1asphost, until i learned php :)if you want a good webhost with instant activation, you should try 100webspace.com (you get a url like yoursite.everywebhost.com). i've got hosting with Xisto (stickboarder.uni.cc)the only things i really need in a host is about 40-50mb webspace, a good amount of bandwidth, php and mysql

1asphost is a good host. -Reliability -100 mb's free space -instant account -NOt a single ad on any page(sumtimes a popup on main pg.)-Two DrawBacks=Never have answeared a customer support query & low daily BandWidth!

I would like the option to host my domain. Not just subdomain.Now that domain names are getting really cheap (even free), anyone can afford a domain. So why go to subdomain.And about ASP and PHP, my persoanl pick is PHP. More widely accepted and easy to program.

i believe that no free host will give you a free domain for now, except Xisto, it has good offer of free domain name for group account :)and uni.cc doesn't offer a domain it's a sub domain.i remember i've found a quality hosting, i think 2 years ago, it's offer instant acount, no banner, php asp and more, and a great deal if you got 20k visit/month you've got a free domain from them but it's gone now :) after that i quit web design, and back again :Pthe name is brizland or something like that(can't remember the exact name since it's almost two years)

well people not to sound like a kiss up or anything but so far Xisto is buy far the best i have came across it has a butt load of features and all u have to do is post now come on who can beat that really

Yea, that's right. Xisto's web hosting plan beats even after paid hosting plans with its host of features. The best is, you get all the features free just for contributing your knowledge here

i have a fully html and java based site about music festivals in my country... i need a good hosts with a good bandwith, over 50mb webspace with no add.. and i need a good extension to my site.. i was using http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ,they offer 50 mb webspace, unlimited bandwith, 24/7 support, etc... they have lots of domains as extension... can i find better?

Yea, that's right. Xisto's web hosting plan beats even after paid hosting plans with its host of features. The best is, you get all the features free just for contributing your knowledge here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totally agree. For now, Xisto has become one part of my life. Though I have gotten another place for my webpage from one of my friends, I like here because I would learn here. :) Posting your experice, your questions, your comments. It's so nice here that other place could not provide.

Hope Xisto will last for a long time.

(jcguy @ Sep 21 2004, 07:38 PM)

i think that Xisto is the best cause it offers every thing u need to build a web site plus its free