xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wizzywig

Html Protector

I didn't understand something . Is it able to find my site usnig a search engine after coding the html with html protector ?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you can choose which metatags to include/exclude. Just encrypt some parts of your code and not the whole page(not the keywords tag because search engines would definitely not work right with those encrypted). You site can still be crawled by search engine robots.

But why?Nobody can say that "This is my work",Because you use a free code"language" like HTML and until you create a new code you cannot hide this pubblic code to the others, IMHO :) GPl License and a free internet is better for me than a internet where every thinghs have copy rights...IMHO 'njoy

But why?

Nobody can say that "This is my work",

Because you use a free code"language" like HTML and until you create a new code you cannot hide this pubblic code to the others, IMHO  :)  GPl License and a free internet is better for me than a internet where every thinghs have copy rights...IMHO

'njoy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nobody said that "This is my work" or claimed that the code they coded are their original work(nothing is purely original in this world), they just tried to protect their hardwork. Of course everyone has the right to do everything they want for their work and that includes making it hard to decipher. Copyright is a law that is used to protect one's intellectual rights, not his/her "original" work.

i wonder how html and hard work can fit together in one sentence. html is just plain easy. i could understand protecting your javascript... maybe.i can understand protecting php, asp.net... but then again, that's serverside so nobody can see it anyway.

STEALING HTML is no Big Deal... Just open that page up in Frontpage and edit it... use some beautify HTML tools which will rearrange the scambled html tags and there you got your new edited page.

i wonder how html and hard work can fit together in one sentence. html is just plain easy.

i could understand protecting your javascript... maybe.

i can understand protecting php, asp.net... but then again, that's serverside so nobody can see it anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is, but it is not for everybody so the term "hard work" applies only for those who wasted too much sweat in creating their HTML structure(even if it is only HTML).

Yes Mr. Opaque, it is no big deal for some people but we cannot deny the fact that most people prefer their work uncopied. :)

Hey guys, HTML can never be fully protected, since for its comprehensibility to the browser. If you are interested in a proof. Do mail me a hyperlink and I'll mail back the original page back to you. Its damn simple. Anybody with some knowledge of Javascript and some common sense can breat these.The only thing that one can use and should use is an HTML compressor, which rewrites the HTML in such a way that the net file size is reduced !!

It is, but it is not for everybody so the term "hard work" applies only for those who wasted too much sweat in creating their HTML structure(even if it is only HTML).

Yes Mr. Opaque, it is no big deal for some people but we cannot deny the fact that most people prefer their work uncopied.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How have you learned HTML?With tutorials?have you seen others' pages? If you don't permit to see you code, it isn't possible for a NewBie to learn something more, if he likes something in yours pages he can't learn and I Think the 1° right of everybody is to learn....it's possibile he'll use again yours code, but he's only a NewBie and you the "guru" :o:P

How do you think you learnt to talk? By copying people. To walk? The same again.If people are going to learn something new, they need someone to copy from, to give them ideas. Using these "Source Code Protectors" is expensive and pointless. You're site is also filled with unsemantic and unfriendly search engine code.To be honest, if you're naive enough to think these protectors do any good, you're code probably isn't worth protecting anyway.

I agree with chilipie. Its frustrating enough to find your site design copied ditto by another lazy person, however, the nature of html on t he web and the fact that it is intepreted (as opposed to being compiled) makes it impossible to make it foolproof from copying.And any html guru knows it cannot be done. I personally learnt most of what I know by looking at people's code. I thus think its cool for people to look at my html code.Anyone who is tricked into buying an obfuscator in the cloak of an html protector has been owned for wanting to be unduly selfish