xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcguy

cPanel and bandwidth

He is asking if using cPanel to send emails takes some of his monthly bandwidth. example: say he has 2gb/month bw, and he sends 100 emails @ 1 meg each does he only have 1gb of bw left after sending his emails.Am I correct or misinterpreting the question?

I don't tihnk it counts toward your bandwidth usage. I tihnk emails do however and they count towards your space depending on how many emails are stored on the server. Bandwidth usage is counted against you also when you look at your website. But cPanel? no I do not think so.

I don't tihnk it counts toward your bandwidth usage. I tihnk emails do however and they count towards your space depending on how many emails are stored on the server. Bandwidth usage is counted against you also when you look at your website. But cPanel? no I do not think so.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i also think it won't count your bandwidth when you use your bandwidth.But i think email maight counts, it is because it counts bandwidth when people downloading thins fron your website,it is the same to use your bandwidth when you send somethings to others.That's why i think i might count.In addtion,using a ftp to upload do not count bandwidth,because you are just upload , not viewing your web site.

FTPing either up or down counts, if you reach your limit, you will probably just be diverted back to Xisto.com or you will get an error message, if your using your site heavvilly iw ouldnt recomend Xisto but i dont thinkl your gonna get around say what 20,000 memebrs a month are you?