xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

Your Most Favourite Computer Language

the best computer language  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My favourite is Java.When I learnt programming, I was farmilirised with C style syntaxes.So, I know C, C++, Java and PHP.I have also noticed that C# (pronounced C sharp (like in music)) is very similar to Java, so I might learn it.However, I don't like Pascal and derivitives such as Delphi and Visual Basic since they have this weird syntax (in my background).Blocks of code start with the keyword "Start" and end with "End" or something.I perfer simple braces ({}).

Old habits die hard. I learned on Pascal, so I voted Pascal. Ah...the fond memories.Of course, Pascal itself was very limiting, and all I managed to do was create simple applications that had no graphics. But hey, what do you expect when you're programming in DOS?Since then, I've learned Java and HTML (if you can call that a real language). Java is nice, though butt slow when it comes to real world applications. Sure, I like the write-once, run-anywhere approch, but hey, I value my speed. I fooled around in C/C++, but never fully took it on. I guess that's why I didn't stay in the Computer Science program at my college. Oh well, c'est la vie.

hey guys,
what about the simple cript created from the command line? here's my ode to bash scripting:

*'$_
%*<>#4
&)../
|{~~SYSTEM HALTED"

TRANSLATION
Waka waka bang splat tick tick hash,
Caret at back-tick dollar dollar dash,
Bang splat tick dollar under-score,
Percent splat waka waka number four,
Ampersand right-paren dot dot slash,
Vertical-bar curly-bracket tilde tilde CRASH.

Cheers
hashbang

find /haystack -exec grep -l needle \{} \; 2>/dev/null

I voted for java, because its the only language I really know very well.You can use java almost everywhere. you can create javascripts and put them on a website, which could be very useful!Im also learning c++ some time, but I think the java language is better. Its also very easy!

I voted other because I like Visual Basic, howeverall programming languages get updated and the newest ones are c++ visual,java++, And Pascal/delphi are about the same age, lol

I voted c/c++ but I allso like asm a lot. You dont see that one evryday I bet, but by main use for programing is microcontrollers with extremly limited resorces. asm gives you more controll over what you are doing inside. I am learning java right now at school and it has some nice features, and some things that I dont like to mutch about it so I am still not exactly sure where I stand on it. As for theh rest I dont know enough about them accept pascal, witch to me is useless, to make a dicision on.

I agree with someone who like C. I think that after you learned C, it will be easy to learn another language. C is a basic for programmer - it can do everything with computer that they want.Some tell that me C is hard. That's right if u don't try!!!

Oh man! You missed out Basic!

Yeah, i know, Basic os outdated, but man it still rocks! Especially as now we have FreeBasic, which is a 32bit windows compiler that fully supports QBasic Syntax. Really, I love Basic. Its by far the most fun language I have used. It may not boast power, but is is wonderful to work with.

If you are interested in FreeBasic, (free because it is "free" from the constraints of DOS") then check it out @ http://www.freebasic.net/ It breathes life into an old language and has brought many programmers back.

Nah, Java's fine for me.I like to stick to "modern" languages.I may learn C#.net soon, although it's by Micro$oft, which I hate, but I feel it's going to become the language of the future, which I like.Also, it's similar to Java, so it's going to be easy.

I voted for C/C++ because it is easier for me to create applications using C/C++ language. It has great libraries. But I also Like Assembly because it can control your hardwares. Even though the syntax is long but still I love assembly programming.