xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kilz

Your Most Favourite Computer Language

the best computer language  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Though I chose C++, it's really hard to say which one is the best computer language. Currently I'm thinking "What is the best process in software engineering: RUP, XP, TSP, ... But the answer maybe the same, the result seems to be determined by the requirement or what we should solve. Anyway, I agree that the poll is: " which language you use the most,", that maybe useful for our programmers.

Most of the programming languages listed on the poll have some advantages and disadvantages over the other programming languages, but for the "best" programming language, I would have to say Python. Even though I know next to nothing about Python, I do know that it's a relatively new programming language that has great potential.

Well in terms of power or what? If its in terms of power than its C/C++ because you can do ANYTHING with them. They're so much faster compared to VB and anything else. Also you can work with OpenGL and DirectX with them.

PHP is only a web scripting language it's no good for computer programmingASP is the worst scripting language for the webPerl and Python are very good for web and computer programmingJava ... tooo slowBasic and Pascal are diedC/C++ are the BEST computer pogramming languagesbye

hm, we should all draw a clear line between scripting and programming.asp & php are scripting languages, just like javascript.they are not compiled and thus are by definition slower than real programming languages. they are not meant to be hyperfast either, they should just be easy to learn and be very compatible.java is cool because everyone can use your program. the ability to make web-applets is nice to.i learned programming to c++ and i would advise this to everybody. c++ is a very powerfull language. it's a bit discouraging that you're only writing command line programs in the beginning, no visual stuff. but once you know c++, you know it all: php, java, javascript, shellscript, awk,... vb is really *BLEEP*. i hate programming vb.vb.net is better, but still sucksasp sucks, just like vb.asp.net is pretty ok. it's very cool that you can use c# instead of vb.net, cause c# is pretty cool. it's something between java & c, my two favourite languages.c is very cool if you want to do some network programming.to answer to the question: i'm doubting between c++ & java.c++ is faster i guess, but it's harder to learn visual stuff, while in java, it's really easy to do visual programming. on top of that, java is multiplatform, so 'ill answer... java!

I started learning perl recently. because I'd like to write application using it. . .would it be possible??because I never heard that before.but I think it's as same as php. or it's a web language only??