xisto Community
proxies

Text-Based HTML Editors

Guys, the topic dates from 2004, why was it revived ? Btw, Notepad++ does a great job ;) tough Dreamwaver's FTP synchronization is quite handy too (and it's site manager and stuff) and it works in text-only mode too.

If we wait for others to create threads then chances are there are hardly any threads left on asta to comment on. Besides thread creation doesn't benefit OP most of the time and users just post hit and run remark and move away with their mycents. So if that is the thing and there are rarely any new threads then what's wrong if anyone replies to old threads ? As long as there is relevancy in thread, there should be no issue of spamming. So in my opinion there is nothing wrong posting relevant content on old threads. If you have issue with that then please ask moderators to close all old threads. As for topic, Dreamweaver doesn't qualify for free and open source as its commercial app. I agree that notepad++ is one good text editor and should be used even if you're beginner. So i don't know how many users are willing to pay for such web development kit. It's not text based editor either because it has many adobe specific features and tools. So most likely it qualifies as web development editor for sure. Most likely PsPad, Notepad++ and many other text based editors perform task for free of cost and can replace dreamweaver for most of the tasks.