xisto Community
sajjadnaveed

Internet Through LAN Internet sharing through Lan

Run Two Services at Same TimeInternet Through LAN

I am running Wondows XP OS and have 2 NIC's in it. One is connected with DSL and other is with LAN of my Network. By using CCProxy 6.4.1 I am running the Internet on my LAN. I also want to run CCTV camera Sevice and want to share it on LAN as I share Internet on LAN but Camera Service Packets do not route on LAN but routhe when I disconnect the DSL Connection. So what I have to do to run both services (internet + camera service) smoothly.Thanks (asifmansoor.Pk@gmail.Com)

-reply by Asif Mansoor

FeedbackInternet Through LAN

I am highly thankful to "Sajjad Naveed "....I got important info. About Internet through LAN by your replies.Now I am hoping the best from you to provide me some more imp. Info. Regarding "Internet through LAN". Will be waiting for your response...

-feedback by Rohit Kumar

Hi..I have connected my laptop through LAN and diffrence of modem and laptop is 30 miter but I can not access internet. But when I connect my laptop through short cable near modem than it works properly. Please tell me what could be the problem. If it due to long distance or due to electric cable passing with LAN cable. Please help me...
Thanks
-reply by Murtuza

Your cable is to long, maximum for LAN is 8 meters, except you use good quality LAN cable.
Every more than 8 meters you must use Port HUB or router to continuing to another cable.

Hope this help.

Very likely your Linux Gateway box is struggling to keep up with demands on peak usage (when all clients are surfing the web)... what's the Linux system spec (hardware)?