xisto Community
sajjadnaveed

Internet Through LAN Internet sharing through Lan

"With The Name Allah Almighty , the most beneficient and Merciful."Aslamo Alaikum! All FriendsI have just registered to The Site and im New One here.I hope Best for All of You.Here i m to discuss with you some thing about Internet sharing on local area network..I have a network of 10 pcs in my office..we provide internet facility on 10 systems though a http page logon system..The Intenet is provided by a main server running Linux operating system..All Authentication is done from that server having ip 10.0.0.1Other 10 systems get IP's through DHCP as 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.2 and so on.The Process is done as follows.When a employee want sto connect to internet, he open in etern explorer winds and try to open any site , if he is offline a Lo0gon authentication page loads and he has to provide a username and password and then click Login button then the user name and password is checked on main server and if validated the user connects to the net and start browsing....the whole process uses tcp/ip protocol and a software named Putty is used to check the process , traffic, data tarnsfer etc..now some times it happens that an error showing " error recieving datafrom scoket 9 and some times " error receiving data from socket 104" occurs and the authentication page hangs and users cann't logon or disconnect if connected..I want to discuss why this error occurs and can anybody tell me the solution of this problem..I hope i will get a response from you poeple soon. InshallahThanks!Sajjad Naveed

not sure, maybe the socket times out or something sorry can't helpanyway i have internet sharing between 2 computers both running Windows 98. I use a program called 'WinGate'. the server has ip address 192.168.0.1 and the other computer has ip address 192.168.0.2, and gateway/dns server set to 192.168.0.1regarding your problem sajjadnaveed, would you be able to try a windows server? WinGate allows you to popup a Java authentication box, which might be what you are looking forhope to hear from you again,:) daniel

If you have 10 computers networked, I think it would be much eaisier maintaining a server with Windows Server 2003 and have all the clients be Windows XP Professional. But since its linux...I do not think though it is a good idea to use a free telnet client though for your employees to use.

lol.. why are we atalking about telnet ?its right.. for remote logins, use ssh.. (or an ssh tunnel)anyways... the first thing that comes to mind is the gateway's load.whats the processor load in times of high demand ? (also network load)maybe the machies just cannot keeep up, and the firewall is dropping tcp packets ?

If you have 10 computers networked, I think it would be much eaisier maintaining a server with Windows Server 2003 and have all the clients be Windows XP Professional. But since its linux...

I do not think though it is a good idea to use a free telnet client though for your employees to use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any difference about the connection performance?

There is a Linux router is our office, and we connect to the internet and our intranet. I didn't feel any slow when connecting to internet yet. However, when at home, I use windows XP + windows 98 to share the internet connection, it's very slow.

"With The Name Allah Almighty , the most beneficient and Merciful."

Aslamo Alaikum! All Friends

I have just registered to The Site and im New One here.

I hope Best for All of You.

Here i m to discuss with you some thing about Internet sharing on local area network..

I have a network of 10 pcs in my office..

we provide internet facility on 10 systems though a http page logon system..

The Intenet is provided by a main server running Linux operating system..

All Authentication is done from that server having ip 10.0.0.1

Other 10 systems get IP's through DHCP  as 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.2 and so on.

The Process is done as follows.

When a employee want sto connect to internet, he open in etern explorer winds and try to open any site , if he is offline a Lo0gon authentication page loads and he has to provide a username and password and then click Login button then the user name and password is checked on main server and if validated the user connects to the net and start browsing....

the whole process uses tcp/ip protocol and a software named Putty is used to check the process , traffic, data tarnsfer etc..

now some times it happens that an error showing " error recieving data

from scoket 9 and some times " error receiving data from socket 104" occurs and the authentication page hangs and users cann't logon or disconnect if connected..

I want to discuss why this error occurs and can anybody tell me the solution  of this problem..

I hope i will get  a response from you poeple soon. Inshallah

Thanks!

Sajjad Naveed

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well sharing an internet connection is very simple task, all you need are a connection device(s), for you computers and internet connection...

So, this is my setup, in my network, I have a Linksys Router, that has an intergrated switch with about 5 ports, so I connect my internet connection to the WAN or Uplink port, then all my computers I wanted to network and share the connection, I connect to the switch... :)

Thats it and its very simple, this way...

how can i connect three computer through lan

Internet Through LAN

How can I connect three computer through lan and my computer is server and I don't want to switch off my computer then the computers should be open browsing internet surfing

-question by Sameer

With The Name Allah Almighty , the most beneficient and Merciful.Aslamo Alaikum! All FriendsI have just registered to The Site and im New One here.I hope Best for All of You.Well, it is possible. In my country(Mauritius near Madagascar),there is a company called nomad which uses a very high internet connection and shares it with his customers using a rabbit modem(Navini Networks Ripwave MX modem).

linux and dhcpInternet Through LAN

I have a linux and I have installed DHCP on it . The problem is that sometimes DHCP does not assign IP to some computers and computer has no IP.I don't know what is the problem computers are located in LAN and some of them are XP and some are Linux.

if you have any opinion please help me 

-question by asieh

How can share internet connection through my windows server 2003?

here's the idea. I've got my  router connected to the DSL, router to 3COM switch and from switch I connected my windows server 2003 and I'm pretty sure the server has already internet connection then at the switch I connected IP VPN modem(backhole)(assuming that from main to branch can share and access each other). My problem is how can I proxy my windows server 2003 so that my IP VPN branch can have an internet connection through windows server 2003? or is there any application that I need to install? or is there any third party software to be install?or what configuration should I do to my windows server 2003 to share the internet connection to branch?

please help me with this...

Thanx

Two lan cards not connected at the same time.Internet Through LAN

Hi...

I have two lan cards on single machine with centos installed. On my one lan card public ip set and on other private ip set.

when I am not giving private ip then internet works fine, but when I set private ip internet disconnected, I am new to linux so please help me.

Thanx in advance...

-question by swapnil

Hi..

I have connected my laptop through LAN and diffrence of modem and laptop is 30 miter but I can not access internet. But when I connect my laptop through short cable near modem than it works properly. Please tell me what could be the problem. If it due to long distance or due to electric cable passing with LAN cable. Please help me...

Thanks

-reply by Murtuza

Hi..

I have connected my laptop through LAN and diffrence of modem and laptop is 30 miter but I can not access internet. But when I connect my laptop through short cable near modem than it works properly. Please tell me what could be the problem. If it due to long distance or due to electric cable passing with LAN cable. Please help me...

Thanks

-reply by Murtuza