xisto Community
oortje

Can't Edit Posts In Forum...

i've noticed you can't edit your posts anymore, was this meant to be like this or is it an error? can someone clear this up?

55816[/snapback]

looks like the 'edit' button has been disabled. have no idea why... hope it's temporary.

I miss the edit button actually......That was very useful actually, please bring it back, i am actually now on my knees begging.... please?

Easier to make multiple posts now... heh...

55840[/snapback]

Flooder alert :D

i miss the edit button even though i dont use it much

Yes that's correct you can make more posts.But there is always the problem of spam. :D

It was removed because of abuse. I know how the abuse happened but that is not for me to tell. Soo, someone didn't like to post a lot and because they figured out how to cheat, everyone lost the edit button.Double and triple posting are still considered spam, take the time and put down everything you would like to say and then wait for at least another post before you reply. :D Nils

The "Edit" button can be very useful but it's not always a good thing... At this forum I don't see why not to have it but in some others forums where people are in constantly struggle :D you must not have the edit button so admins and moderators can check out what he has said because he can't edit it. I would like to have Edit button back but if I can't use it anymore... that would be allright... :D

btw, how to move the topic title into another subject group category?i was experienced, but i could find the button for that. the EDIT button jut for editing the text.

err, if a topic is posted in the wrong forum you can have a MOD move it for you.As for editing a post that feature is removed. If you have to have a post edited or or deleted then you have to ask a MOD to do the changes for you.So it's imperative that you (and everyone else) read your posts before you click submit that way you can edit any glaring errors before you post.If you ask to may times to get your posts edited you may start loosing hosting credits :D, maybe we should make a rule that say you loose one hosting credit everytime you ask one of us to edit your post... <jk> :DNils

Please do not worry, as the edit button is only if you need to change something. Somehow, someone has cheated using the edit button. We are sorry for the inconvienience, but until we patch the cheating, we will have to remove the edit button. Anyways, the moderators shouldn't use their edit buttons for their own convienience either... only to remove offensive posts.