xisto Community
spacemonkey

Minesweeper this game needs to be destroyed

Oh my God...I totally agree with the topic creator.I HATE this game. I've only beaten it ONCE! And I've played it millions of times. It's basically a waste of time and luck. Solitaire is a much better game that comes with Windows than Minesweeper.Minesweeper's just....evil. :D

minesweeper isn't just luck and guessing. you can analyze where the mines are and mark them. Only about 30% of the time you have to guess and that is usually for the VERY last mine.The game is addictive but to "win" is not simply to clear the board. That is just too damn easy. For REAL minesweeper professionals, you need a GOOD TIME. My personal record for Expert level on minesweeper is 96 seconds. I routinely clear the minefeild in under 120 seconds.I have since stopped playing minesweeper... I got good at it when it was the only game at woork and I ended up playing that about 3 hours a day since I had nothing to do.

I think that this is one of the best games ever. Because that is basically the only thing that the crappy windows 98 computers my school has on it. They realy need to update. They are way to old.

Minesweeper's always been fun for me. It's a puzzle, which is something I love. I also enjoy Pinball, Hearts, Solitaire and especially Spider Solitaire, but Minesweeper's always been this little treasure chest I've wanted to crack open. My aunt's a math professor and she taught me some strategies. It's just a nice little game. I mean, it works your brain a bit. It isn't about guessing. It's about solving, so stop all this random flaming of Minesweeper. If you don't like it, just play it. It's a perfectly good little game.

Minesweeper's always been fun for me. It's a puzzle, which is something I love. I also enjoy Pinball, Hearts, Solitaire and especially Spider Solitaire, but Minesweeper's always been this little treasure chest I've wanted to crack open. My aunt's a math professor and she taught me some strategies. It's just a nice little game. I mean, it works your brain a bit. It isn't about guessing. It's about solving, so stop all this random flaming of Minesweeper. If you don't like it, just play it. It's a perfectly good little game.

57490[/snapback]

You do have to guess sometimes, and that is where it becomes frustrating. Occasionally a set of blocks will be isolated by mines and you can't see what's going on in there, and you just have to guess. However, I will say that it is quite possible to determine certain situations and make an educated guess (based on the numbers and where mines would satisfy them). But, I shall reiterate: it isn't always 100% visibly solvable.

minesweeper isn't just luck and guessing.  you can analyze where the mines are and mark them.  Only about 30% of the time you have to guess and that is usually for the VERY last mine.

The game is addictive but to "win" is not simply to clear the board.  That is just too damn easy.  For REAL minesweeper professionals, you need a GOOD TIME.  My personal record for Expert level on minesweeper is 96 seconds.  I routinely clear the minefeild in under 120 seconds.

I have since stopped playing minesweeper... I got good at it when it was the only game at woork and I ended up playing that about 3 hours a day since I had nothing to do.

57386[/snapback]

Wow, nice record! My one on this computer is 304. Haven't played it in a while though. When I first started off playing it I just figured out how it worked on my own and didn't even realize you could mark mines with flags :unsure:

I actually beat it on expert without flags before someone stopping by saw me playing and let me on to the fact that you can mark them with flags :D Made it a whole lot easier :P

I can do a lot better on it now, something just to relax and work those brain muscles a bit. I prefer my MVP 04 demo as my quick recreation game now though :D

I was just playing it and CANNOT believe you got 96 seconds... are you sure this is the basic 16 X 30 board with 99 mines for the Expert level? I was just trying it and was at best halfway through by 96 seconds... Hmm... :D

I just cannot believe that is possible for a normal human being to do ...

I like Minesweeper. It's a good little game for when you're bored, and it makes you think too, which I always like in a game. It does get addictive though...especially on Expert level when you're trying to win and then somewhere around the end, you have to guess and you always pick the wrong one and lose...very annoying! lol Normally you can figure out where the mines are (or where they're not) by using the numbers and figuring it out from there. You do have to guess sometimes though which can be annoying, especially when you're towards the end, so I do feel the starter of this topic's pain! When you have to guess though, try to figure out what the odds are of a mine being in each possible square then make your guess from that...that's what I do, and it usually works for me.

I always thought it was fun to make the largest map with fewest mines. You should give that a try... :unsure:

159070[/snapback]

Ah, for this minesweeper it doesn't record a score for custom ones anyway :P

This game is all about luck and random. You don't really know where the mines are. They appear randomly. You can however change the settings to easy and you might have less chances on landing on a mine.

I think people that complain too much about having to guess aren?t that good at the game. Typically you only need to make between 1 and 3 guesses to beat the game once you get a good starting space cleared by random clicking. So on average if you make no mistakes you only need 3 tries to beat expert. If you are fast at the game then it should be no trouble playing the game 3 times to win.

I never really understood the game, therefore I would agree that it should rot in hell B)It just get's so annoying when everytime you accidentally click on the mines and DIE!Although I've seen how my cousin swiftly passes through every game, and also giving pointers about the game, I still could never understand it.Guess I'll stick to more advance games like splinter cell etc. B)

I play the latest games of the decayed like the Star Wars of the Old Republic which is the best non linear game so far but still I love to play those old microsoft games like minesweepers, hearts, free cells :P the new games are not just entertainment but also makes your hair bald since you have to think a lot, decide on many things and realy work your brain out B) but this old microsoft games are really just for fun.. B) not a complicated fun but rather very simple :P after all simplicity is what makes WINDOWS the most favored OS of the the world B)