xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Barack Obama Or Mitt Romney, Who Is Your Choice?

Romney or Obama   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the Presidential elections approaching, every US citizen would have been busy evaluating the factors that would help them decide the right candidate to be the president of The United States. The reigning President,Obama obviously has a strong hold in this regard as he has been associated with the people's affairs of the country and by now he must have got an idea of the what the taste of the citizens is like. But there is another name that has proven to be a a matter of concern for Obama, he is a candidate contesting for the post of the President of US and his name is Mitt Romney.

There might have been cases where the actions of both the competitors have been criticized, but there are certain approaches maintained by them that might prove to decisive factors. Lets take a look on some of them

First of all, it is to be notified about the basic factors that Obama is from the Democratic Party and Romney is a Republican party candidate. The former is 50 years old and the latter is 64. Obama is a Protestant who has a background in politics, law and academia, whereas Romney is a Mormon with a background in business and politics as he was the former Governor of Massachusetts.

They have got different takes on some issues that occupy important in the country's politics........ one of such issue is unemployment where Obama mainly focuses on eradicating rural unemployment with searching for jobs and training people for that, but Romney's take emphasises on the globalisation of the American market with an inclination to fair means.

Obama believes that even at times of recession the essential benefits of the individuals are not compromised with whereas Romney stresses on the creation of private accounts by individuals.

For taxation, Obama maintains that the taxes should be lowered for the working and middle classes and Romney mainly wants the tax cut for more people to get their health insurance done.

For economic security, Obama plans to take on the corporates so that the commoners are not misled, Romney plans to reduce the cost incurred on the federal structure.

About the social issues which have a tinge of religion in them as well, Obama has shown belief in the ​Patient ​Protection ​and ​Affordable ​Care ​Act, whereas Romney clearly goes against it, Obama is pro choice about abortion and Romney is pro life, the former approves of same sex marriages but the latter is against the same, Obama reserves his take on death penalty but Romney fully supports it, Obama has belief in climate change, but Romney doesn't, Obama is in favor of legalising medical marijuana and stem cell research but Romney is again against both.

As far as the handling of oil resources is concerned, Obama has a stricter approach while Romney goes for expansion of the business, being in favor of the removal of many restrictions.

Their take on relations is however is the other way round, Obama here has a mindset of cooperation while Romney plans to impose strict regulations. There are also differences in them regarding the functioning and structuring of the Defense forces and the environmental standards.

A few similarities on the stands in both of them has been marked, regarding the bringing back of troops from Afghanistan, also both of them are evolutionists despite of differences in their religious beliefs.

Hope this makes it easier for the US citizens to take their stands in choosing the leader, however if you feel that there is someone else who is more deserving to win the race,or any thing else that you wish to share about the mentioned dignitaries , please do post.

You can find more details here

I think about this topic one simple answer: Barack Obama. In these days the United States government is like the World government and the US citizens decision´s affect to almost all the countries in the world and the impact of the influence of the american government is particularly strong here in Latin America. United states is suffering a great impact of the economy´s fall in 2008 and all the problems of the foreing wars and interventions that make the country bleed, talking about the economy. So my judment about the future of United States is very influenced by the future of my region Latin America. The international relationships with Latin America always has been good except for Venezuela in these moments but in all the countries there is an open dialog with United States. The Latin America position in the world is very weak and has been weakening over the years. The economy of Latin America depends heavily on the export of raw materials and semi-finished products primarily with our biggest buyer is the U.S.Politically the region has been a laboratory of political and economic doctrines for over 120 years and now in most countries the left has gained perhaps not in the corridors of power but if obtained in the thinking of people. America has always been the scapegoat, if it can be categorized as well, of all extremist leftist groups who dare even in these times to talk about communism taking advantage of the ignorance of the majority of citizens who do not even an education for six years.Is that in the previous paragraph is perhaps a personal bias but the raw truth of countries like Honduras, where I live.The Obama administration has been full of contradictions from the Nobel Peace Prize that was awarded days after sending troops to Afghanistan to questionable position often even contradictory and absurd in reference to the coup in Honduras here. For example, here in Honduras there was a huge decline in the economy due to stoppage of exports by multiple curfews necessary to avoid disturbances in the streets of my country after the coup. Honduras as almost all countries without oil is totally dependent on the United States to keep its economy at least at a rate that allows us to survive.Now talking about the internal politics in America is going a special phenomenon which has been present all the time but never in such numbers as in these days. This phenomenon is a feeling that has existed since the earliest times and is the difference between the rich and the poor rich people looking at corporations as conspirators mainly to prevent the complete tranquility of the town planning wars and economic crises completely dominate the government . Perhaps this attitude is a bit irrelevant to all the problems of the United States but is now a reality. The poor money evaporates as the unemployment rate in the U.S. has increased to a critical level. Massive layoffs have been the order of the day since the financial crisis of 2008 and there is a feeling of distrust among the people regarding the role of the government and its institutions to preserve their welfare. Right now they are creating protest groups if it is true that until now seem fanatical groups of conspiracy theories is growing every day more the belief that certain government actions both domestically and internationally are not motivated by the interests of its citizens but for the interests of American corporations and multinational corporations. So now more than ever the voter has a certain degree of distrust of the election of officials in the United States which would not be surprise to find a high percentage of withdrawal at the polls in November.As set forth in the preceding paragraph is logical to think that as voters decide by a man who declares come from the people and care about the interests of the poor. For this reason it is no surprise that a few months of the presidential election Barack Obama presents himself as the frontrunner in the polls despite criticism of his administration. In Latin America, although we have no voice or vote in the election of President of the United States we tend perhaps more for Obama based on that it is better to keep relations with the United States as they are rather than altering at least for the moment.So most likely after the November U.S. led by the same man who does right now and even though the author of this topic apparently leaning Mitt Romney is doubtful that achieves reverse the trend in the polls .That's my opinion on any comments or contrarespuesta is totally welcome.

Oh my god, I can't believe Obummer is ahead in this poll!He has kept none of his promises from the last election, the country is in debt so deep our great grand children will still be suffering from his inept management of our funds, and he hasn't got a clue how to fix anything. Tons of money spend on failed companys like Solindra, no new jobs, good grief, how can you fall for his line of crap????

Wow, so close now to the election and only 3 people have voted!? That is some serious apathy! This is turning out to be quite the horse race, with the candidates now running nearly neck and neck in most polls. How many of you watched the debates? I've never watched an entire political debate in my life until this year. I watched ever minute of the first 2, but the 3rd one I missed a little of, honestly, it got pretty boring. Just rehasing the same old stuff.

i am not a US Citizen and have never set foot otherside Ireland so my vote does not count its interesting reading about the race on the news for your country who ever wins the presidental election they have a lot of hard work ahead of them in the years ahead.so i wish who ever wins good luck for the years ahead.my Vote in the Poll went for Obama because i think he can do good things in the future and don't like some of the thingsi have heard on the news about Mitt Romney but like i said my vote does not count, and i wish who ever wins good luck and good luck and god bless to the People of America in november and in the Year Ahead.

Ok, just because it's so slow here, not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, can you tell me any of the good things you think Obama will do in the future? He sure hasn't done anything to help us out in the past 4 years he's been in office.

Did hear a good one on the news last night. Donald Trump has offered Obama 5 MILLION dollars to distribute to any charity he would like to if he will realease his college records and passport information! That should prove to be interesting!

i don't know sheepdog i just think obama is the least worst option,only time will tell what obamas legacy is in future,like i said i wish who ever wins luck for the future, and good luck to the People of the USA.

You know, it flabbergasts me to know that the media could probably tell you what color socks George Bush was wearing the day before he was elected last time, and they don't know one bloody thing about Obama. As I figured, not one peep have we heard from our Prez about the offer Donald Trump made him. I have a very independant nature. Every thing about Obama is completly opposite of my own personal values. I don't want to work for the government, and give them all my money, and let them take care of me. I can take care of myself thank you very much. I have no use for lazy people who want government hand outs and free food and houseing that are too damn lazy to work for it to get it for themselves. If your too lazy to work I could care less if you starve. Cold witch aint I? No, not really. Don't get me wrong, I know that sometimes things happen that are beyond your control and everybody needs a little help sometimes. that's the problem. A little help is fine, it's just that there are a lot of people out there that make it threw their entire lives depenant on government handouts. I believe in a hand UP, not handouts for life.

As an observer to the American political scene I think Obama was the best of the two - I am happy he won the second term... When it comes to the external politics Obama seems to be much more balanced compared to Mit Romney. Although he didn't have any success when it comes to the economy... yes the US economy is on the positive side, but at what cost? The debt is now over 16 trillion dollars... Their fix to everything seems to be - just throw more money at it. It's just a matter of time till this ticking time bomb explodes in everybody's faces... and, as always, the poor are the ones who will suffer the most, the middle class will be smaller and smaller and so on.What I really like about Obama's policy is the medical care... I do believe people should be treated as equal when it comes to medical care. It shouldn't be any different if you pay 100$ a month for medical care or 10000$. Medical care should be exactly like the police or the fireman. It's a public service for which the public should pay a percentage of their pay, but expected equal service no matter what contributions they make to the system. The firemen for example won't ask you "How big is your paycheck?". They just put out the fire. Besides if you offer different medical facilities forpeople paying more you will do some kind of artificial selection on the people. The rich will leave longer, while the poor will die younger. And since the rich only make money because the poor work for them that doesn't seem fair. The objective of any political system shouldn't be to make the 1% richer but make the middle class stronger. Like in everything balance should be the goal.

...can you tell me any of the good things you think Obama will do in the future? He sure hasn't done anything to help us out in the past 4 years he's been in office.

Did hear a good one on the news last night. Donald Trump has offered Obama 5 MILLION dollars to distribute to any charity he would like to if he will realease his college records and passport information! That should prove to be interesting!

In the debates, Obama mentioned about pulling out the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He also mentioned about getting the economy to recover from the recession. I didn't really follow the elections and the debates but I think Romney wanted to prevent foreign workers from entering the economy. Many developing nations that have prospered are ones that attract foreign talent, even if it means a greatly skewed population. The us-versus-them approach only causes increased hostility and crimes.

now Obama has won the race hope he does the best for everyone in the Good Old U S Of A, Just wish people would not regret voting for him, after his second and final term, but like I said only history can tell. like I said good wishes to the USA and hope whatever people wanted from their President is delivered at the end, coming from an outsider,