xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

Christian Group Stops ?3,000 Cancer Donation

A cancer charity has refused a donation from Jerry Springer - The Opera after a religious group threatened to protest.

Maggie's Centres said Christian Voice's contact prompted it to reject £3,000.

Christian Voice said it had warned the charity that accepting cash from a show full of "filth and blasphemy" would be a public relations disaster.

"filth and blasphemy."

Anyone else find that disgusting? "Threatening to protest outside the cancer charities' offices" Yet another example of a fundamentalist religous group taking on the role of moral gaurdians and trying to dictate what "its" people should or should not be doing.

"filth and blasphemy."

Anyone else find that disgusting? "Threatening to protest outside the cancer charities' offices" Yet another example of a fundamentalist religous group taking on the role of moral gaurdians and trying to dictate what "its" people should or should not be doing.

54887[/snapback]

There are people wh othink they're trying to further their cause in every group but harm it... Yes, there are christians who take things WAY too far, but there are those of us who don't.

But if you take a look at that show... The host or whatever of the show said that the group had every right to protest the show. He was admitting that they were right in how the show was.

By no means am I saying that all Christians are like this, but there are some who just think that they are 100% right and everybody else is 1200% wrong, and that really ticks me off. Some people don't believe in the same things you do !!

Man, that is total bs, I mean come on what kind of people.....ugh.

I'm sort of a chirstian, as I believe, just don't act how I....should, or whatever.

but there are some who just think that they are 100% right and everybody else is 1200% wrong, and that really ticks me off. Some people don't believe in the same things you do !!

^^^^^

in australia, the government aid organization - kind of like USAID in the US, would not take donations from gambling organizations - i guess they had enough money, they thought they'd be "selective" - the same BS as above. it was really nice to see that when the tsunami hit asia just recently, they lifted that "sanction" and took money from tobacco and gambling. but this isn't the first time i've heard of charities rejecting from certain other places - it's rediculous.

I can understant the christian group's being so angry at the jerry springer show, but demanding that the charity didnt accept the money is too much. That is, unless they provide another ?3,000 in its place.

oh my god that is so sad. I thought Christians thought that life was sacred and stuff...yet they wont let a charity accept money that could help a lot of people.These people are morons