xisto Community
mzwebfreak

Good Blogging Program

I would like you to try WordPress .. it's not heavy and has lots of templates and plugins.. or you can use Joomla too but you need to download a comment plugin for it

may i add that wordpress is constantly being updated so that its users will be protected from threats of hacking. i believe their current version (if i'm not mistaken, it's 2.2) is a major upgrade from a lower version that was prone to hacks. the only problem is that you'll have to upgrade your wordpress every time they update their wordpress version. but do not fret too much because they provide steps in how to upgrade your wordpress installation. in fact, they have a technical support for those who need help and advice for their wordpress blogs.easy? yes!

Or if anyone else out there is technically challenged, impatient, or just plain lazy (like me), give "CuteNews" a try. No knowledge of PHP or any of that scary stuff is necessary. Per some excellent advice I got from Trap Admin, BuffaloHELP, I integrated CuteNews into my existing site with not much trouble. My understanding is this would be a bit more difficult with Wordpress. I'll say one thing: Wordpress has awesome templates; some of them are downright beautiful.

As all the above mentioned, I vote is also for Wordpress.

There are many reason behind choosing wordpress blogging program(system) which can be shown below.

It is easy to install (but you need to php and mysql supporting host)

It has open source power i.e. free of cost and you can modify it.

There are thousands of plugins, themes etc.

It can be used as personal blog system or professionally blogging system.

There is large community to solve your problem which comes in wordpress.

Everyone try it even new one by the help of getting started with wordpress on their website. So I prefer wordpress blogging system.

may i add that wordpress is constantly being updated so that its users will be protected from threats of hacking. i believe their current version (if i'm not mistaken, it's 2.2) is a major upgrade from a lower version that was prone to hacks. the only problem is that you'll have to upgrade your wordpress every time they update their wordpress version. but do not fret too much because they provide steps in how to upgrade your wordpress installation. in fact, they have a technical support for those who need help and advice for their wordpress blogs.
easy? yes!

Hi!

I hopped onto the WordPress bandwagon with version 2.6 two weeks ago. I wanted to upgrade to the latest version i.e. 2.7.1, and barring some changes to my CSS (my CSS was pretty messed up in the first place), the upgrade was pretty smooth. All you need to do to perform the upgrade is copy the themes and plugins that you've installed across to the new version - the new version automatically upgrades the database structure and performs data migration.

A new feature in WordPress version 2.7 is automatic upgrades. Perhaps I'll get to try it out when version 2.7.2 is released.

I tried upgrading the G.D.Rating via automatic upgrade, but it didn't work out :-( I guess the plugin has to support upgrading too.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

and if i'm really excited, i might consider making a Java-based blogging tool that's a lot like wordpress. :P

Hi!

The WordPress source code is being ported across to other platforms. There's a project to turn WordPress into ASP.NET/C# (WordPress.NET), but it isn't production-ready yet. There's one to port WordPress to Java too! (nWordPress)

Perhaps you can contribute to the Java port? nWordPress uses the Spring framework for MVC.

Regards,
Nitin